Ho Ho Ho Challenge Kickoff

Options
mspoopoo
mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
Hello everyone. Welcome to the Ho Ho Ho Challenge. This is a sequel to the Independance Day Challenge but all new-comers are welcome. This challenge uses a spreadsheet on google docs to track our progress.

We have 20 weeks until Christmas. You can set your challenge goal. Try to make it reasonable as in 1 to 2 pounds a week. Weigh in will be on Friday. If you want to weigh on another day you can just put that number in by Friday.

Please post your details here and I'll enter them in the spreadsheet.
Name (screen name is nickname is fine)
Start weight
Goal weight
BMI

Spreadsheet is at this link:

http://goo.gl/aK1SvD

Replies

• likerebecca
    likerebecca Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    OK Count me in. I lost 44 pounds in 2013, then broke my foot and tore a piece of my joint the first week of January. I got sidetracked (and lazy after I healed). I just got back on today. I'm READY for a challenge. Gained 39 pounds back. I need to get rid of them, I have never done a challenge that involved a google spreadsheet but I'm fairly user friendly so I'm sure I can figure it out.

Here goes:

SW 8/3 - 240.7
    GW 12/25 - 210
  • PeaceisLove
    Options
    I am excited to do this! Thanks for stating this
  • anglergirl3
    anglergirl3 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    me too! ready to go!
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I am in!!

So glad you will have the spreadsheet as that really does help me!

I will not be able to weigh in until Tuesday as we are away from the scale.

But Friday works great as a weigh-in for me!!

THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS!
  • sjbiener
    Options
    Thank you for thinking of this fantastic challenge!!! Today is my birthday????what a great way to celebrate by taking on this challenge. I have lost a 100lbs in the past year, but I sprained a muscle between my ribs while working out in the gym. So it's been a month since I have exercised or made good healthy food choices for myself. My goal for this challenge is to loose 30lbs. I look forward to all the help & encouragement I can get, and gladly return the favor as well!!!! and maybe even make a friend or two a long the way???? Good Luck to us all????
  • lisele03
    lisele03 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I’m Lise, I’m 55 and live in the Pac NW. I usually loathe even the mention of Christmas in AUGUST… but I think this may be a good challenge for me. I’m halfway to goal and IF I can keep my focus, I ought to be able to make it by then. So – I’m in for the long (20 week) haul. Looking forward to chatting! (Merry Mid-SUMMER, people) :bigsmile:
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am Kim and a returning member. I have been taking some time off weight loss trying to maintain and focusing more on maintaining and strength work.

However, I would like to make a final push down before Christmas, so I will be looking at more gradual weight loss than some of you as converting muscle makes you smaller rather than lighter. So I will likely need to keep inches as well as weight. Any way we can track this on the spreadsheet?

I look forward to meeting new people and staying connected with the familiar faces :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • cjroberts117
    cjroberts117 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am ready to do this!! I am getting married in 18 weeks so this is perfect.

SW 8/3- 259
    GW 12/25- 220
  • emarks
    emarks Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow! You read my mind. I woke up today and weighed myself. I am the heaviest I have ever been in my life and I am watching my aging parents battle health issues that would all be easier if they had been healthier earlier. I don't want to live that way. I then realized if I just lose 1 pound a week, I will be at my "ideal" weight (that I haven't weighed since I was 12) by the holidays. I decided joining some groups might help and I saw yours. Too fitting! Thanks and the best of success to all! :love:
  • emarks
    emarks Posts: 4
    Options
    Congrats on the engagement! I am sure you will get to your goal and look stellar for your big day!
  • DreamingSkinny87
    Options
    Hello everyone:) Just saw this group and thought this is exactly what I need! I'm weighing in at my heaviest weight ever at the moment (200 lbs) and would like to lose about 60 lbs overall...not sure yet how much is realistic till Christmas though. Looking forward to the challenge!
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Can't believe I'm going to say this.....but go on then, I'll join, after all it is nearly Christmas!!:drinker: :wink:

Start weight for challenge : 212
    Goal weight. : 182

Based on 1.5lbs a week -if I even get close that's great!
  • termite1
    Options
    I'm in...hoping this will be a great motivator and support for me and others :-)
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    I'm in! I like many of you dropped lots of weight (60 plus pounds) then I hurt myself needed surgery and with out my new favorite exercise I slacked. I rode my pity me party right past my starting weight and now I have no idea when I'll run again.

SO I'm in. I have my wedding to look amazing for and I don't want to be a fat bride.

SW: 247.1
    GW: 200

This will put me back abouts where I was when I messed up my hip. So I should be able to start 2015 running!
  • Jshaw748
    Jshaw748 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I have been trying to lose weight all my life and just keep putting it on. Just turned 50 and I'm trying to get fit so I can stay healthy and happy for as long as possible. How do we get on the spreadsheet?
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Thanks for initiating this group! I appreciate the spreadsheet too.

SW (today): 197
    GW (xmas): 182

It would be great to be lower than that really, because I'm hoping to make 185 by 10/14 (though that's probably unrealistic). Well, let's go for it anyway!

Carolyn

PS: Hi kawookie/Kim. Are those grandbabies in your profile pic? Cute!!!
  • mommahix
    mommahix Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've done past challenges, hit my goals, slacked off gained weight, more challenges, got close to goals, got lazy, made excuses and so on and so on and so on.....
    My weight at this very moment is 157.6 (yikes) just after a bike ride and lunch
    goal weight is 140 (less than a pound a week)

I CAN DO THIS!!!!
    WE ALL CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've decided to join you all in this challenge. I only have around 5 kg of fat to lose, but it is really sticking to me! I eat pretty healthy already but it's that damn chocolate that gets me every time... Maybe by Christmas I can cut down on the sweets and finally make exercise a regular thing in my daily routine. Good luck to you all!
  • APstiles
    APstiles Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 90lbs before joining MFP, but I still have about 40 to lose. I injured my back (total wipeout during squats and tore a muscle in my back!) so I went from being active 6 days a week to stuck on my side and popping pain meds and anti-inflammatories. I totally need this to get me back on track!

I won't be in town Friday, so I'll weigh-in Wednesday before I leave. SO EXCITED!!

150 for Christmas!!!
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!
This discussion has been closed.