What ticks you off the most about losing weight?

Options
mspoopoo
mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
Thought I would get the ball rolling with a new topic.

What ticks me off about losing weight?

1. It is so slow
2. The weight comes off slowly but seems to come back fast
3. Being between sizes and nothing fits

Next :)

Replies

• agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    A bunch of thin friends who make it look so easy when it's not! Are fine to have a small taste, when I want a big piece.

Loving food and the pleasure of it and giving that up, hardest when going out anywhere, dinner, party, etc.

Watching others eat or drink something I can't have.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options

1. It is so slow

I concur with all the above!!

I will add in, it's not fair when you're stressed out food seems to alleviate the stress..albeit for only a short time. Not helpful when you're trying to lose weight! :smile:
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Fluctuating weight. Seems like I have a 2 pound bounce. It feels like It can take weeks of eating right and exercising to be on the low end of my bounce, but in one day I can be at the high end.
  • danabm
    danabm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    1) All the work I put into losing weight just to put it back on!
    2) The cute clothes in my closet mocking me!
    3) Having skin on my body chaff and touch where it didn't before.
  • disney_mama_13
    Options

1. It is so slow

Agree completely! Plus, and this may sound silly, when people say I look great now! It makes me wonder if I looked like *kitten* before! haha

Otherwise - it's mostly #1 times a million! I wish for results instantly (doesn't everyone??) but know that since I've done it that way before and it just came back on then I'm probably better being the tortoise than the hare and work for my weight loss.
  • redhot656_c
    redhot656_c Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above :sad:
  • katimorris87
    katimorris87 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I get ticked off when I'm the 'fat friend' watching what I eat when my metabolically blessed friends can eat whatever they want in copious amounts.

I get ticked when I have a GREAT diet day then go home and eat the whole fridge.

I get ticked when I feel like losing 5 lbs makes no difference, but gaining 2 makes me feel like a whale.
  • momtoaz
    momtoaz Posts: 20 Member
    Options

That I have to lose weight again!!! I was at my goal I found myself in a bad relationship so I ate. I am a stress eater!

That losing weight in your 40's isn't easy as in your 30's.

those are the big ones for me. or all I can think of right now :)
  • myepsen
    myepsen Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the above...PLUS....
    The up and down's...mostly up's the scale shows.
    How I can't seem to just stay on track, its either all in or all out
  • fredericksoares
    Options
    ... not having a nice glass of wine while preparing dinner!
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    What ticks me off the most about losing weight?

1. Slow, slow, slow!
    2. Constant desire to eat anything I want!
    3. Clothes that don't fit. Those that are too small and the ones that are too big!
    4. All of the above answers!

Let's see, what doesn't tick me off about losing weight???

1. Nothing!!! :laugh: :grumble: :laugh:
  • lori_arndt23
    lori_arndt23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is so slow. There are so many "quick fixes" out there that just stress you out and get your mind whirling. I also think that when I start watching what I eat my mind starts trying to sabotage me and crave everything that I shouldn't. Thus making me want it more!
  • tcgreen05
    tcgreen05 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate the process of losing weight. Its hard to get motivated, and even harder to stay disciplined. It seems whenever I set out to start losing weight everyone wants to start throwing parties and gatherings. When you have parties and gatherings you have lots of food and alcohol. Neither of those are on my list of food I can eat, so I'm the sober one in the corner eating from the veggie tray. I am so glad I found this group because all of the things you have all listed are things that I struggle with.
  • rlallain
    rlallain Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the above...PLUS....
    The up and down's...mostly up's the scale shows.
    How I can't seem to just stay on track, its either all in or all out

Yes, yes, yes!!! Why is it that I'm either gung-ho working out every day, logging my food like a good little doobie, or I completely jump off the ship and abandon all of it??? I've been really trying to work on this mentality over the past year or so, trying to pick up mid-week if I got off to a bad start and not wait until "next Monday" to start again. Trying to kick the mentality of "I blew it" when I eat something really bad for me and that somehow leads me to eat *more* bad stuff?? The mental challenge of losing weight is by far the worst part!!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    How my brain will lie to me. When I'm hungry and been good for a while my brain will decide it's going to eat now. It tells me I'm thin and that the ice cream I just ate out of the carton is calorie free and it was only a quarter cup anyway so have a bit more when in reality it was ALOT more and calorie explosive. It makes me wonder who's side my brain is on. Selfish brain.
  • LadyKim66
    LadyKim66 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    When you think you are doing so well and the damn scale won't budge, no matter where I put the stupid thing, move it this way, move it that way, pee, poo. try again and it won't freaking BUDGE!! LOL
  • journey_4_ashley
    journey_4_ashley Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    All of these answers are so true they made me laugh out loud. :laugh:

I would say working my butt off in the gym and my brain then decides I can literally eat whatever I want. I never seem to crave salads,,,especially after a hard workout. Not seeing the scale move but having people tell me I look thinner even though I swear my clothes fit exactly the same way. :sad:
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    working out like a madwoman (i actually love working out) but still giving in to cravings for sweets, fast food, salty foods... some emotional eating as well... UGH
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of you!!

My dearest husband is a very disciplined eater.
    Why, oh, why can't I be like him? It is hard!!
  • anglergirl3
    anglergirl3 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    A bunch of thin friends who make it look so easy when it's not! Are fine to have a small taste, when I want a big piece.

Yeah!