'Diet Foods' - Available in Australia

Options

Replies

• Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    woolies and coles in melbourne both stock helgas low carb in 3 varieties

Ive been buying pb2 at the health food shop at Forest Hill Chase; Love it. Not so keen on the chocolate pb2 but the plain PB2 is fantastic and 45 calories for 2 tblspoons mixed with 1 tblspoon water. They have quest bars too but I havent tried them
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    My realisation for this morning. Musashi P 10 choc peanut protein bars at 145 cals 10P/8C/5F taste no wear near as good as Hillcrest choc peanut bars for 187 cals 5P/16C/11 F. I think in the future I'll eat more meat and a hillcrest bar. Lots of real nuts too. Probably only good advice for Aussies.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Just found FibreBoost bars at woolies $4 for 6.

120 calories and 9 gram of fibre. Good for me as alway under on fibre.

Taste pretty good too.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Just found FibreBoost bars at woolies $4 for 6.

120 calories and 9 gram of fibre. Good for me as alway under on fibre.

Taste pretty good too.

My GF will hate you for that one :tongue:
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Been eating one every day for 3 weeks now..toot toot!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Been eating one every day for 3 weeks now..toot toot!

I eat these a lot too. Since I discovered the Goodness Superfoods products (yes I'm a fanboy) my fibre has increased pretty significantly.

On the protein bar front, I tried one of the Michael Klim (Milk) bars. White Choc and something... was really good. Normally the chalky and overly chewy texture puts me off, but I'd buy these again. Only problem is the price and I never see them on special. Yes I'm a tightarse when it comes to supps!
  • leashb82
    leashb82 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Quest protein bars - so delicious .... around 160 cals per bar (big enough for 2 snacks) ... no more than 4-5gms net carbs (the US lists fiber as a carb so when you subtract the fiber, carbs are negligible) and mostly naturally sweetened, so max around 2gms sugar per bar. Best protein bars out there. You can get them from a lot of health food shops or online at www.lowcarbcentral.com.au

Quest have also just released low carb protein chips and as I am a potato chip addict, I cannot wait for them to be released in Australia!
  • leashb82
    leashb82 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

- Quest bars - not available in Aus, but you can get them sent to you from America. Between 160-200 cal depending on which bar you choose. They are delicious, full of fibre and protein, and if you microwave them, they become cakey :D

Quest bars are available from some Supplement shops in Australia. Just have to scour them all till you find them. The Nutrition Warehouse I know has them and I've found them in other Supplement stores.

www.lowcarbcentral.com.au sell them in Australia
  • caseyjarryn
    caseyjarryn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Are Quest Bars any good? I see people post about them all the time and am considering ordering some. However, I can't stand most 'sugar free' products, as I can taste the artificial sweeteners and/or stevia in them. Do these have a strong stevia aftertaste? And what's the texture like?
  • DeeBee042
    DeeBee042 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I purchased the box with all different varieties which I am glad I did as there are some that I didn't really like. The choc chip and cookie dough is to die for. I've only had a few so far and some are ugh! but it depends on your taste. I don't like the after taste or sweeteners either but I haven't had that with these.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I love Quest bars. I can't stand any 'fake sugar' but really do love these. The consistency is like spacefood sticks.

Avoid the choc chip cookie dough and choc chunk if you don't like fake sugar, I find these have a bad aftertaste. The Chock Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter Supreme & Cookies & Cream are my fav.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Dark chocolate tim tams. 95 cals each. Farkin' delicious.

Also, almond snickers. 230 cals. Plenty of chunky almonds.

Been using both of these to mix into my choc/cinnamon/peanut oats.
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options

- Quest bars - not available in Aus, but you can get them sent to you from America. Between 160-200 cal depending on which bar you choose. They are delicious, full of fibre and protein, and if you microwave them, they become cakey :D

Quest bars are available from some Supplement shops in Australia. Just have to scour them all till you find them. The Nutrition Warehouse I know has them and I've found them in other Supplement stores.

lowcarbcentral.com.au ... $3.59 each, plus $8 shipping for up to 1kg

vs
    iherb.com ... $2.39 each, plus $8 shipping for up to 3kg
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    For general muesli bars/snacks I love the Freedom Foods Free Oats chewy bars at the moment! They taste better and have less sugar than the Carmen's bars.They're generally in the health food aisle of Woolworths.
    There's a few of them, I think apple and cinnamon, apricot, and apple blueberry.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    I just found "tasti" nut bars. Made in NZ. Have choc, choc/peanut and peanut butter flavoured. Similar size and density to a quest bar, similar total cals. More healthy fats and less protein. And only cost 50c each :smile:
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I just found "tasti" nut bars. Made in NZ. Have choc, choc/peanut and peanut butter flavoured. Similar size and density to a quest bar, similar total cals. More healthy fats and less protein. And only cost 50c each :smile:

Where did you find these?

ETA: I just checked these out and they look delicious but maybe a little low in protein for the direct comparison to a quest bar, more of an energy bar I suppose
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    If you can't find them in Coles or Woolies, check somewhere like the Reject shop, where they sell lots of NZ products like Griffins biscuits. I personally found the tasti bars to be too addictive and unsatisfying to be considered a diet food.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    At woolies. 6g of protein per bar.

I never have an issue hitting protein target anyway so I am now picking the tastiest bars.
  • caseyjarryn
    caseyjarryn Posts: 61 Member
    Options

vs

Oh man, I just ordered some from lowcarbcentral ... I guess that's what I get for not doing my research. Ah well, if I like them I'll order more from iHerb. Thanks for the heads up!
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options

vs

Oh man, I just ordered some from lowcarbcentral ... I guess that's what I get for not doing my research. Ah well, if I like them I'll order more from iHerb. Thanks for the heads up!

The shipping from iherb is super fast too .. 3-4 days from the US, via DHL