Day 3 | How Ya Doing?

Options
secostley
secostley Posts: 409 Member
So.......Day three is closing and I was wandering how everyone was doing so far. Would like to hear about what you've been struggling with most so far and how you've overcome any obstacles.

For me, the struggle has been dealing with cravings. I was seriously wanting a Snickers Ice Cream cone and was fighting my physical body to stop it from grabbing the keys and running to the store. Good thing is one of my MFP buds talked me down from the ledge. Remedy: Went to the store and got some Skinny Cow No Sugar Added Ice Cream Sandwiches. Craving gone.

Working out and logging have been fine. Eating has been good--just finding myself a bit hungrier these days then normal. I'm beginning to feel my metabolism may be increasing.

I look forward to hearing how you're doing as well.

Shawn

Replies

• Focused2BFit3
    Focused2BFit3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So far everything has been going good. Recently started training again so right now I am just trying to relax the soreness away lol. It doesn't matter, every weekend is a struggle to me. Number one cause is alcohol. Its the time when everyone wants to get together and just wild out. Which is expected since I hang out with a much younger crowd.

In the food aspect, I am doing better than I thought. I went to some family functions and I didn't cave in. I portioned myself and had that little bite of cake. But I must say once my mother came home with all the nestle ice cream cones I wanted to jump on one right away, but instead, I opted out for some grapes and cherries. Still had that sweetness and it was amazing.

For the rest of the week, I know I will be bombarded with work so I need to just do a little meal prep and stick to my small meals and protein shakes. Im ready.
  • FightingFATtoFightingFIT
    Options
    Thanks for including me Shawn. Am a little behind with my updates but here goes:

1) Clean eating means:
    * No Alcohol
    * No desserts - did eat some before I signed up for this challenge :( will consider those my cheat days
    * Drink Lots of water
    * Include at least 1 homemade salad to a meal ( when I am not traveling)
    * No fast foods
    * No aerated drinks

2) Yesterday and today have been good. Have started training with a trainer and have been told to increase my protein intake. It's a challenge given that I eat only chicken and am not a big meat eater.
  • odditblue
    odditblue Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Doing pretty good considering I just opened a BAKERY! Lol!
  • jess1jane
    jess1jane Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It has been going pretty well for me too. Exercise has become a daily part of my routine. Logging is second nature, I automatically make mental notes when I am not around my computer, to log when I am out and about. The only thing that is hard, is getting strength training in. It absolutely exhausts me and my only motivation is what I will look like in a few months time. But I am a personal who thrives on immediate gratification. I love immediate results. Strength training doesn't work like that, so me and strength training don't get along too well. I took the day off yesterday, today I am going to work on my abs and butt. Abs because I want them so dang bad, and butt because it gives me a break between sets of crunches to do squats and deadlifts.
  • SiouxPrincess
    SiouxPrincess Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I need to work on my logging in everyday. I've done it but just barely. My kids are starting school on Wednesday so it's been a few rough days trying to get a workout in. But I know once they start I'll get back into my routine. On a more positive note on my cheat day Saturday I was having my sin food, Cheetos, my daughter ended up taking most of them and leaving me about 5-6, normally I would have gotten more but I didn't really feel like eating more so I didn't. I was surprised and proud of myself. Also did good with staying away from the high calorie drinks at Starbucks been having green tea and skinny vanilla latte, I still need my coffee.
  • browneyes12
    browneyes12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm dragging, but still moving forward. I've cut down on my sodas a lot. Most days only have 1. Yea!!! Also have started back trying to track my eating and exercise. The main thing is that I'm more conscious of what I'm eating and if I fall off the wagon then I try to do portion control.
  • HCGJOURNI167
    HCGJOURNI167 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm doing fabulously. Just got in from a 5K walk in my village and feeling on top of the world. Gonna grab some protein and drink my water and call it a night. I can put a check in the box next to Aug 5 as "excellent"!

Anyone have issues with late night snacking? I tend to do my best thinking, best writing, and experience the best me in the wee hours of the night. This is when I am most vulnerable to breaking my word to myself and my "partner in this weight crime." Would love to hear what you do to combat the issue.
  • Maxibris
    Maxibris Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I was doing pretty well until yesterday. An impromptu spa day with a girlfriend happened and I couldn't resist a couple of mimosa's with lunch (which was warm Brie and French bread). Looks like yesterday was a cheat day, even though it wasn't planned. I'll have to be better this week!
  • snallenigep
    Options
    Doing better today. Walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes this morning. Then went swing dancing tonight..(in a place without air conditioning. I live in Arizona) Didn't have cookies after supper, which has been my habit. Might need to increase my protein though.