August challenge week 1

Options

Replies

• Staaz
    Staaz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Today was a push day. Lifts are starting to struggle from the diet. Thankfully tomorrow is an epic cheat day.
  • GoodDaytoYou
    GoodDaytoYou Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I escaped the office potluck and 2 birthday cakes today! I had a small taco salad. I will definitely have a treat here and there, but it will be on my time, not because someone shoves a plate of cake in front of me.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Did good yesterday. Had a good practice at Muay Thai. Today did not start off well....
    New foster jumped my dog, got her under her eye, just got her back from the vet and it was a deep laceration to the bone that needed stiches. The foster got my other dog but it was only a puncture to the cheek. Ah the joys of fostering....
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Ok Dokay its officially Wednesday so Good Morning All. Just got a Pork loin in the slow cooker for overnight pulled pork BBQ. Should be a real winner over Cauliflower, and could stand alone as extreme low carb by itself. Gonna be a very good week.
    Also gonna use some to do Stuffed Acorn Squash later this week.
  • easmythcrna
    easmythcrna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day everyone! I smell Java!
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Wednesday. The downside of not traveling and being in the office all week is being tied to a desk. Tougher to get in steps. I try little things like walking to far away rest rooms, pacing during conference calls or lunch walks. Some days I do really well. Others hours go by and I realize I've been sitting motionless for far too long. Let's hope today is on the good side.
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wednesday! Today is my my tenth anniversary, and the wife brought home fried chicken last night lol. She wasn't about to cook, and I just took the leftovers to work for breakfast. .. oh well more good than bad will even out right?
  • kris3b
    kris3b Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day! Also, Happy Anniversary kilosierra83:)

Yesterday was okay. Great in some ways. I tackled an indoor rock climbing wall for the first time. Tackled may not be the correct term, but I did it and it was a great time. Think I might dig into my pockets and join the gym. Enjoyed it that much. Note to self...I have to lose my nails if I want to continue doing it. Shorter nails would be a good thing:)

The downside is I was short of 1000 cals yesterday. UGH! I also happened to listen to the Ben Coomber podcast on Fat2FitHQ which was great. I am going to try hard to up my calories. I know it has worked in the past, just tough with a history of an eating disorder. Tried to leave a comment on the podcast but Livefyre was acting up on me. May have to email you Carol. Thanks for sharing the words I needed to hear:)
  • MarkMcElvy
    MarkMcElvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Well I'm here but not in good mindset. Seemed like a good day going yesterday. Went to doctor for a routine followup on my Lupus and he said everything looked good and I could wean off one of my meds if I wanted. Great 6 less pills to take. In the afternoon I started feeling bad an Glucose was 250:noway: Still 180 this morning and I am not sure whats going on. Also seem to be stuck @ 215 lbs for the last 2 weeks. Sorry to be a downer.
  • tindercd
    tindercd Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Missed the first couple days, but I'm checking in! I completed a 10k program last Sunday and PR'd my time at 50:06. I'm still 10lbs shy of my new goal of 165. I'm having the most trouble losing my love-handle area. It just won't go away...I did a little bit of research and the overwhelming consensus is that insulin resistance causes fat storage in the love-handle/lower back area. I guess that makes sense to me. I haven't been low carb. In fact, I've probably been high carb since I've been running so much. I'm going to try and jump back on the Paleo train and drop off some carbs that I've grown accustomed to eating (and drinking). I'll certainly miss my IPAs. The new workout I'm following can be found here http://www.crossfitendurance.com/blog/. I really like that these guys mix endurance with strength. It gets rid of the monotony that running can produce. Have a happy Wednesday!
  • TJ_Gauthier
    TJ_Gauthier Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    8/6 Check-in

kilosierra, don't fret the one bad! It will even out. Happy anniversary, too!

Mark, could there be a transition period to get your body used to not taking the meds? I don't know much of lupus, or even what normal glucose numbers are.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Wednesday!

Don't know what the deal is this week with me and cookies, but it seems every where I go they offering cookies -- and I just can't seem to say no! :ohwell:

Dreading my weigh in tomorrow but I know once I get my head back in the game I will be able to get off any weight I gained this week. The trick will be to get my head back in the game...
  • markd_cronenwett
    markd_cronenwett Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Happy Pump Day everyone!! Grilled Chicken and Asparagus for dinner last night was really good!! I don't know how I received a cut on my heel yesterday, but it sure did suck the fun out of my morning hike with the dogs. Eventually the pain went numb.. :D
  • howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Yes Mark some times you just have to suck it up and the pain goes away like you said. I have been doing that with my foot possibly having a fracture. I did see the doc this morning and got an x-ray so we will see how that turns out.

Stacy! Yes you can! You know you can say no, you may not want to right now but you know you can. :-P

kilosierra, I don't know about carb wise with fried chicken because I don't do carbs, but over all once in awhile it's not that bad. Also Happy anniversary!

Welcome aboard tindercd. I like my IPA's too. I don't know how you carb folks do it. That is too restrictive for me. I'll stick to my calories. lol

Mark I hope you figure out why your body is out of whack and can get to feeling better.

beerbikegirl I am office bound but like you I walk at lunch everyday. I also have the good fortune to be able to walk to work as my office is only 1 mile from my house.

hmrjmr1 I love crock pot BBQ pork. I'm going to have to do that sometime soon. This Friday is knockwurst and sauerkraut in the slow cooker. Followed by some German beer that I have been wanting to try. I'm trying to get in touch with my German roots through food. LOL
  • Staaz
    Staaz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Knocked out a pull workout and some cycling this morning. Im in the middle of a refeed day and I feel extremely full right now. Makes me anxious to get back on the normal eating plan tomorrow.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Muay Thai went well yesterday, My kick still sucks lol but I feel that I am getting stronger. So far my plane of staying at 20g net carb is going well, but it has only been two days.
  • GoodDaytoYou
    GoodDaytoYou Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sore muscles are causing me to waddle instead of walk. Maybe I'll take 2 days off the gym instead of 1. So tired this evening.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday Folks. Once again faced with an abundance of opportunities to excel. Gonna be a great day.
  • easmythcrna
    easmythcrna Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Happy Thursday.
  • MarkMcElvy
    MarkMcElvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, woke up to a much needed rain.