General Chit-Chat --part 4

Options

Replies

• Crystallee145
    Crystallee145 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    LeAnna, the taco salad sounds great! I know it's something my husband will eat too! Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    An even healthier version of the taco salad is to replace the refrained beans with black beans. I use canned and rinse them and let them drain. And you can probably use half the amount of chips and not even miss them.
  • hollyla9905
    hollyla9905 Posts: 508
    Options
    500 calories is a good sized dinner When I'm trying I actually aim for about 600!
    I made Pad Thai last night, with chicken and lots of veggies, it was amazing, and was one of the dishes I couldn't cook with my mom there because she wouldn't eat any part of it except maybe the peanuts my kids loved it and I loved it! tonight we are going to chicken salad on toast and cream of vegetable soup another meal my mom wouldn't have eaten :)
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    Summer must be in full swing, posting has dropped rather low!

My mom got all moved out, the treadmill never came, I'm feeling annoyed because I paid for it in May, I know the risk of buying from a friend I don't want to hurt my friends feelings but I only paid first because it was a friend!

That's about it for my house lol! Oh ya it's rained so much here there are flood advisories every where! Not a nice warm summer for us!
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    I cannot wait for next week to be over! Sorry my visits have been sporadic! I am still dealing with stuff with my teenager and stuff with my job and stuff with my husbands ex and it goes on! I am so tired now I hope to get some sleep this weekend but it's not likely :(. Monday will come soon and than Tuesday and than I will have a clear idea of my summer!

And I have gained and gained probably restarting all over again because I couldn't handle everything that crashed down on me and I am lying to myself and my diary. I would say today is a new day but it's not it's like yesterday and the week before that! I just can't cope with everything and I went back to my favorite addiction... My fridge... Hell I even considered smoking again this last few weeks...

Well back to work and hopefully the day will end soon
  • leannabseven
    Options
    Holly, I hope you don't give up on yourself and your goals. You've accomplished a lot in your household in just the time I've been watching your posts. You know you're worth it.

I've found that when I get depressed I start doing that self-talk about giving up. But I realize now that it's self-destructive behavior...and habit over the years that brings nothing good to my life. Try to recognize it for what it is; a way to sabotage yourself, and just refuse to be part of it any longer.
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    I'm not giving up I am so frustrated I want to, I have made a lot of mistakes but I am not giving up I did my first treadmill walk today only 20 minutes at 2 mph but it feels weird from walking outside so I need to work on it! Tomorrow is a new day, I logged honestly today even though I ate way to much! I will work through this rough patch too, and I got a scale now again so I can do weigh in again too :)
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're getting everything set up, to get back on track! Good for you. One day at a time!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    It has been a busy, but good couple of weeks. I've had some backsliding on eating, exercise, and the scale. My scale gave up the ghost a couple of weeks back. I'm up a smidge, but not too bad. I had my ECTs last week and doing well. Apparently I had a couple of really good seizures (I know that sounds bad, but for ECTs it's a good thing). If I am still doing well on the 27th we will start cutting back on my meds which should reduce weight, hunger, and carb cravings. The reason for my disappearance is good in a strange way.

My neighbor that was letting me use her Internet connection moved without telling me until I went to log on and she was gone. That was a couple of weeks back. I managed to get on through my phone but the connection wasn't stable enough for an actual post of anything. Now, how it is good. She was in an ICL apartment, and I was (key word there:bigsmile: ) in an SCL (supported community living, aka Burrell's STEPS program). As I was top of the list I was graduated from that program as of 8 AM yesterday morning and began the move-in process to that neighbor's old apartment. I have spent the last 36 hours cleaning, lugging, shoving, grunting my way up and down the hall to move my stuff and clean up the old apartment.

I may have lost ground with weight, but this move proved how much I have grown with endurance and physical strength. I picked up two bookcases and put them fully into the cart, lugged into the cart 38 lbs of cat litter (which was lighter than the bookcases), and misc. items. I then lugged them out and into the apartment. I constructed my bookcases and hoisted around boxes and large bags filled with books to fill them up. I am now unpacked and everything is clean. I would not have been able to manage it in less than a day-and-a-half without all that physical effort I put into my health the last couple of months. :drinker: :smokin:
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I am half way there, 76 lbs. lost and 76 lbs. to go.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,688 Member
    Options
    I am half way there, 76 lbs. lost and 76 lbs. to go.
    Congratulations, Chuck!

Paula
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Chuck!!
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Chuck, looks like you snuck in another 3 lb loss since you posted.

Congratulations. I don't know how you think of it, but I prefer to think of it as "Clothes half empty..."
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I finally got a promotion! I am now apart of the management team :) yay! What a great end to summer :)
  • leannabseven
    Options
    I finally got a promotion! I am now apart of the management team :) yay! What a great end to summer :)

Awesomeness!! Congratulations!
  • HLaR79
    Options
    I'm so excited after missing it the first few times I am looking forward to taking on a new role, help me get my mind of my separation!! He just makes me nuts lol!
  • leannabseven
    Options
    I'm so excited after missing it the first few times I am looking forward to taking on a new role, help me get my mind of my separation!! He just makes me nuts lol!

I'm sorry to hear about your separation; I didn't know. And no matter the reason, those are painful. And it's good that you have another focus...improving your quality of life and kicking butt at work. :)
  • HLaR79
    Options
    It's why I left the site a few months ago, I needed to at least pick up some of the pieces and get new phones and stuff since those were not in my name I had no way to connect and didn't even know if I had a place to live, I kept the house, since we rent anyways and all the cats!!!
  • leannabseven
    Options
    It's why I left the site a few months ago, I needed to at least pick up some of the pieces and get new phones and stuff since those were not in my name I had no way to connect and didn't even know if I had a place to live, I kept the house, since we rent anyways and all the cats!!!

I'm glad you didn't have to move to a new place. Sometimes that can be a good thing, but mostly it's just added stress at a time when you least need it.

I'm glad you're back and you seem to be moving right ahead so good for you! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • leannabseven
    Options
    Tomorrow is the The Day! I've worked my last day as manager here at the RV resort, we're all packed up. Tomorrow we hit the road for our 4 day trip across the state (yep,we're taking 4 days to make a 6 hour drive!). What can I say? We haven't been anywhere in the RV for 5 years, we're taking our time and going to enjoy ourselves.

I've planned my diet for the next few days as I know we'll be doing some eating out. I love that you can go online and check out restaurant menus before you arrive. And we've planned stops that will allow me time to get some walks for exercise.