Day 19: August 7

Options
catladyksa
catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
Good morning all,

So did you know that this August is the first time in over 800 YEARS that has 5 Thursday, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays!! Interesting eh? OK...just a bit of trivia to start you off this morning!!! lol

So what are your plans for today??? I finished work, and am now heading for my kitchen to do a thorough cleaning of all the cabinets. I need to clean out the refridge to so I can shop tomoro. Then I start my weekend off!! Whoppdeedoo!! Other than shopping for food, I have nothing else planned...except some homework I need to do for work!!

Have a great day folks!!

Nancy (only 110 F today!!! :-) )

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Very cool here in Maine. Our night temps are already dropping into the 50's, the lake is cooling off, and the swamp maples are changing color already. Aaarrgghhhh.
    This afternoon an artist friend is coming over, so we will gossip and paint and eat Bing cherries. That means my long swim needs to happen this morning.

It's amazing to me how much my body has changed just from losing 22 pounds. Everything is a little bit easier. I can't imagine losing 100 and how much lighter I'll feel. I'll need shoes with weights to keep from flying away.

So here's a topic... what changes have you noticed in your body over the last 30 days?

Karen
  • ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    In the last thirty days I am down about 20 pounds or so and for one my pants are much looser. I also have noticed that some of the weight I have lost has been from my lovehandles (woo!) and my arms are becoming more defined. There is still much to be done, but it is nice to see the smaller changes that happen as well.
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! Busy day at work--just getting lunch now and I leave in an hour!

Last week, I wore a pair of shorts and a pair of pants that were too tight a month ago, and I thiiiink they're the smallest clothes I have! The dress I wore yesterday and the shirt I'm wearing today are uncomfortably loose at this point, but at least with the dress I can use a belt. I also started to see some collarbones trying to stick out. They aren't really noticeable unless my shoulders are a bit twisted or hunched forward, but they're almost ready to peek out when I'm sitting or standing with good posture.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Norah, you KNOW I would be hunching forward all day long to make those collarbones stick out, LOL!!!

Today has been a very rainy, cold day with lots of thunder and lightning. I haven't been able to take my swim yet and it's almost 6:30 p.m. The sun just peeked out about five minutes ago... maybe I should try, although the temp has dipped down to 63. I'm so not ready to go back to the gym yet! Usually I get the full month of August and a week or two in September, but this really feels like fall. Even the local wildlife is sick of the weather. Today, I've had visitors on the porch all day--chipmunks, red squirrels, every type of bird, four ducks on the lawn (what, the lake was too wet for them?), a snapping turtle on the back lawn, and even a raccoon under the front deck. Maybe they think I'm Noah and this is the ark.

I suppose the extra good news is that I've been right on track with food today, loving my salad in a pita and yogurt dinner, and thinking that tomorrow I'm going to reward myself with a new haircut (my current look is "uncombed, unwashed hair gathered in a bun on the top of my head."

Okay, so I'm going to stay snuggled under this blanket until 6:45 then force myself into the lake. The water is probably warmer than the air! And even if I don't get my big swim in, I can bring in my aquasize dumbbells and work out for half an hour. Get it done!!!

K.

Edit: forgot I had to pick up Jim from our mechanic's so he could leave his car, so now darkness is falling. I'm in my suit, goggles on my head, earplugs in. Yup, this is gonna happen.

Is the suspense killing you yet?
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Where is everyone today? Oh that's right, you all have LIVES!

Body changes for me--I've lost enough belly that tying my shoes is easier. My neck and face look thinner. Some of the fluid/edema in my legs is going down, yay!

K.
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Where can I get off this ride called life? I feel like all I've been doing is go, go, go. Cody is home so I'm trying to get him ready for school, which starts on Tuesday. Michael has had doctor appts and tomorrow he has his pre-surgery testing for his hernia surgery next Thursday. Today I had to do the grocery shopping in a thunderstorm. Nothing like walking home pushing a cart full of groceries with it pouring down rain. Would have put it off but we were out of food. The only good part of all this running is I am getting in plenty of walking. Today I came home from the store to find out that Cody spilled his tea and some of it "might" have hit my laptop. Well, since it won't boot up I can say it is a pretty good guess that it did. Again, where can I get off? :explode:

Edit: Just found out that I can't edit our spreadsheet on my tablet.......waaaaaaaaaa :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • catladyksa
    Options
    I was so busy reading all the posts I forgot the question!! Past 30 days...well, I have not noticed any...coz I have not been moving like I was when I was on vacation 3 weeks ago..or was it 4. Depressing....I do not mean that literally I am depressed, jut disappointed in myself that I am not moving my tush like you guys...but I will do it. I got permission to 'jog' on the compound here....(no women are not suppose to 'run' on the compound here according to the policy...I kid you not), but if I wear the 'abahya' cut off at my knees that covers my Voluptuous upper body (LOL)...I can jog!!! So now I need to start to build up to that again. I am motivated....you guys do that for me!! Keep doing what you are doing!!! Karen...if the weather does not allow a swim...then GO TO the GYM!! You can do it!! We can do this!!!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Dee, holy cow, you sound crazy busy. Don't forget to breathe!!!
    If you can't access the spreadsheet, you can send your point tallys to me and I'll log them in for you, okay? Unless you're getting ahead of me in points, then I'll conveniently forget. hahahahahahahaa.

Nancy, how awesome that the new policy allows you to run in 110 degree heat while covered from head to toe in heavy black clothing. Boy, they sure know how to let a girl have a good time!
    If you want a great workout at home, you (and anyone else) might be interested in my absolute favorite way to do yoga--
    Yoga For Your Life: A Practice Manual of Breath and Movement for Every Body by Margaret D. Pierce (Author), Martin G. Pierce (Author), Barry Kaplan (Photographer) (Available on Amazon)
    It's a wonderful, large, paperback book with beautiful photographs and easy instructions. Not really just a yoga book--more of a stretching and breathing manual that works you toward different yoga poses over time. The book also has small special sections on chair and bed yoga poses if you are having mobility or pain issues. I've had this book and used it for years and sent many, many, many copies to friends and family over the years. Everyone loves it. What I love most is that it sets out routines for you, and you can adjust them as needed for your time schedule and the level of workout you want, so unlike a dvd, you aren't stuck following along exactly. Plus, after a week of doing the first routine, I could just keep the book open for reference if I needed it, put on my headphones with Enya, and create my own little world for ten minutes or thirty or whatever I wanted.

Nancy, you were right--I should have just gone to the gym earlier in the day. By the time I got back from taking Jim to the mechanic, I was in a nice Still's flare, so instead of jumping in the lake, I sat in the car with the heated seat on high and a thick jacket on, reading my kindle and waiting for the vicodin to kick in. When it hits that hard, I can't even make the walk across the yard and up the stairs to get in the house. It's crazy. I've been holding off on the swim until evening to give the sun time to warm up the water a bit. Plus evening is when the wind usually dies down so I'm not swimming in heavy waves. But evening is when I'm most likely to get a flare (Still's is circadian). My best time of day is actually right now, around 11 p.m. through 2 or 3 a.m., NOT the best time to swim at the Y (if I could break in and swim, I would!) or the lake, so once I finish my Bigfoot erotica and make the big money, I'm going to get one of those hot tub/perpetual motion pools. How wonderful to be able to swim all year long right at home!!! No more driving on icy and snowy roads and slipping and sliding across the Y parking lot!

Ohhhhh... gross... I have the t.v. on as I'm typing this, and Sheriff Brody just blew up the shark in JAWS... shark guts flying everywhere. "You're gonna need a bigger boat."

Goodnight everyone... I'm so happy to have this group to come to and read your posts. Today I've been feeling very, very tempted by food and thinking, "oh, I'll just have a weekend binge-a-thon!" (I know why--I ate something yesterday with just enough sugar/carbs/fat to trigger me into cravings--cornbread--which I thought would be okay. I didn't go over my calories, but I simply do much, much better if I stick to basic protein/fruit/veggies/dairy) and stay away from anything with even the least little bit of sugar. Anyway, reading put me back in the right head space. Thank you!!!
    Karen
  • mikesgirl4evr
    mikesgirl4evr Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Well, it looks like my laptop might just have survived but unfortunately one of my usb ports is shorted out and the fitbit usb dongle that was plugged into it is also shorted out. At least my fitbit can sync through my phone thank goodness. I will have to get another dongle but that's $20 I don't have right now. Going to have to wait but at least I don't have to replace the laptop.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Zac!! 20 pounds in 30 days !! Awesome!!
    Norah- wonderful you can get into those previously tight shorts!!
    Dee---sorry about your fitbit toggle!! Hope you get a new one soon!
    Karen, hope your Stills flare up has passed? And thanks for the tip on the yoga book...will google in Amazon.
    Welcome to the newbies!!!! Join in anytime!! You are most welcome!!

Nancy...in a rather windy/sand stormish place!!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Just want to see my ticker.. the scale finally moved back in the right direction.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Just want to see my ticker.. the scale finally moved back in the right direction.

Wonderful job!!!!! Congrats!!! WELL DONE!!! You are doing great!!!!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Thank you! 1lb in 3 weeks is horrible for me.. however, I will take it since I have been playing with the same 10lbs for about 2 months. Blarg.