What type of cancer...

Options

Replies

• PhillyGuy53
    Options
    Stage 4 neuroendocrine cancer of the appendix. Just recently diagnosed and started chemo about a month ago.
  • barbiecart
    barbiecart Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good Luck
    :flowerforyou:
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Stage 3 colorectal cancer diagnosed same month I turned 40. Finished treatment end of May 2013, so we are coming up on a year treatment free. But dealing with some new realities and facing what the chemo, radiation, and surgery did to my body. Making strides but weirdly have been recently hit with that "radiation fatigue" thing that used to happen after radiation...that unfightable wash of fatigue. And the chemo induced neuropathy with all this awful cold! If this super cold becomes the new norm for our area, I am going to have to move...
    Anyway, would love some buddies to compare notes with regarding what treatment did to you.
  • bmondloch
    bmondloch Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer in 2011 at age 45. Had salvage radiation treatments in 2013 because PSA levels where continuing to rise. First post radiation PSA check was very good at .009. Hopefully they continue to go down to an undetectable level. Will have recurring checks every 6 months.

Just had my 6 month PSA check and my level is now .002. That is really close to being undetectable. That is very good news. Maybe that will come at my next check. Remember guys to get checked and ladies make sure to have your guys checked.
  • LinaS1976
    LinaS1976 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    me too
  • Squeakycats
    Options
    Happy to find this group! I recently finished treatment for a sarcoma (a retroperitoneal leiomyosarcoma, to be exact!). Tumor was the size of a pineapple…I'm very glad to have it gone and to be getting back to regular exercise, normal eating, etc.
  • SettledSue
    SettledSue Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Clear cell endometrial. I am a 2 year survivor.
  • Bezzie71
    Bezzie71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Breast Cancer (Lobular). Diagnosed two years ago at the age of 41. Resulted in bilateral mastectomy followed by chemo and radiation.
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Sorry we are all here, but welcome:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • WSU_AJ21
    WSU_AJ21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a 6 year hodkins survivor, and I agree, lets not do that again!
  • 7fatcats
    7fatcats Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ovarian, stage 3c. But still here, almost 2 years since diagnosis.
  • kd60647
    kd60647 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Breast cancer. Stage 1 in 2006; Stage 4 with mets to liver and lung in Sept 2013. Finished chemo about two months ago, on hormone therapy now. Good times. :/
  • stillhere1981
    stillhere1981 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just joined myfitnesspal this morning. I was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma of unknown primary in December 2012. It is/was in my liver, but they don't know where it started. It feels like I have had every test imaginable. It might be cholangiocarcinoma (bile duct cancer) or colon cancer. I have had two liver resections and am on my second kind of chemo, but I had a clear scan a month ago. I just need to finish up the course of adjuvant chemo to keep it from coming back (fingers crossed.) My weight has been creeping up while I have been on this last treatment. My nurse thinks I eat when I'm a little nauseated, which is very possible. I want to stop it before it gets out of control.
  • WhartonGal
    WhartonGal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Stage III invasive lobular breast cancer in 2006. I had chemo, a mastectomy, and radiation, in that order. Two years later I was diagnosed with unrelated Stage I clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Thankfully surgery was all that was necessary for the kidney cancer. I'm extremely grateful to say that I am doing well. I gained a lot of weight during my BC treatment -- about 40 pounds, which apparently is not that uncommon. I've been working with a wonderful cancer nutritionist and a great cancer physical therapist. They each have been helpful with me getting back to a healthy weight and working to regain my stamina. Severe asthma has complicated my recovery and energy level, but I try to keep a positive attitude as much as possible.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Stage III invasive lobular breast cancer in 2006. I had chemo, a mastectomy, and radiation, in that order. Two years later I was diagnosed with unrelated Stage I clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Thankfully surgery was all that was necessary for the kidney cancer. I'm extremely grateful to say that I am doing well. I gained a lot of weight during my BC treatment -- about 40 pounds, which apparently is not that uncommon. I've been working with a wonderful cancer nutritionist and a great cancer physical therapist. They each have been helpful with me getting back to a healthy weight and working to regain my stamina. Severe asthma has complicated my recovery and energy level, but I try to keep a positive attitude as much as possible.

You're the true definition of survivor. More like a warrior. =)I had lobular too. Very sneaky cancer!

Please continue to take care of yourself and keep posting, K?
  • Lena1967
    Lena1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Lobular breast cancer, diagnosed April 24. I am having chemo first, then surgery and radiation. I started chemo in May and have been hospitalized 3 times for chemo-related side effects since then. Just before I was diagnosed, I had reached my goal weight, then have lost another 10-15 lbs I didn't really want to lose.

I am determined to keep exercising. I am doing New Rules of Lifting for Women although I am making slow progress (or truthfully, maybe not any progress at all, but have at least hopefully managed to maintain some muscle). I also do the elliptical and yoga.

Best wishes to everyone on here - wish you didn't have to deal with it!
  • CNaylor77
    Options
    Kidney cancer.
  • Jmlys
    Jmlys Posts: 1
    Options
    Hodgkin Lymphoma, Stage 2- Finished treatment Jan 31st, of 2014 and I'm in the clear. Counting my lucky stars and doing all I can to stay healthy :) Best wishes to you all, my fellow warriors.
  • seebehindmyeyes
    Options
    Papillary thyroid cancer. Had a total thyroidectomy in July, finding out in 6 months if I'm cancer free. :happy:
  • KimP202
    KimP202 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Colon cancer, just had an anterior resection August 25th, and now about to start chemo for aggressive large b-cell lymphoma. it's daunting.