What is going on!!

Options
2»

Replies

• croooz
    croooz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Leptin reset and ketogenic eating are the same, the only thing is that with the reset the protein requirement is given, 50-75g. The only thing I do is make sure that my protein intake is no more than 20% of my calorie intake. At ~65-75g that keeps me full all day and not really hungry at dinner time but I eat a little something anyway. I was only eating dinner but have found this approach more to my liking. Looking forward to all the benefits of being leptin sensitive and can see eating this way for the rest of my life. It is just awesome not to have any cravings whatsoever throughout the day & night....NONE! Ketosis alone without an intentional protein requirement left me hangry and fiending for some sugar but not no mo. Clean up your choices, eat ~50-75g for breakfast with double the amount of fat grams and see how you feel after a week. I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised...I know I was and heard and read about being leptin resistant years ago and blew it off as nothing more than a "complicated" paleo diet.
  • MikeEnRegalia
    MikeEnRegalia Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My suggestion: cycle your calories. Instead of aiming to hit 1400 kcal each day, go for 900 kcal on one day and then 1900 kcal on the other day. Do it by varying fat amount alone, leaving protein and carbs constant. You can also experiment with going much lower on the low days (up to the point where you only eat lean protein and some low-starch veggies) to further increase the deficit - the alternating days with many calories (and fat) will keep you sane.

I don't buy the leptin reset shtick, but it certainly helps to eat a decent amount of protein in the morning.