I think this new program might kill me . . .

Options
smm773
smm773 Posts: 56 Member
Just got new program from trainer . .

Warm up: 200 kick, 200 pull, 200 swim

Sprints: 16x25 on 45

EZ: 50

Main Set: 200 kick w/fins (alternating front/back)
200 kick on side
200 1 pull, 6 kicks
200 catch up
REPEAT

Cool down: 200

Total: 2850!!!!

She told me to print out workout and only swim for 60 minutes and make notes for 6 workouts how far I get . . .

First swim will be today . . .I'll let you know how I do!

Replies

• Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!! Good luck with that! I do the 1 pull 6 kicks, I swallowed lots of water until I got it.
    That's a huge workout! I will be waiting to hear !
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I'll be waiting, too. I can get 2000M in an hour and I'm whooped, Of course it appears you are younger than I am. What a goal!! Just think how gratifying it will be when you reach it. Don't get discouraged.
  • Ms_J1
    Ms_J1 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    We had to do 8 x 50 sprints on :60 last night. I thought I was going to die after the first 3.

It looks like the toughest part will be the sprints. Do as many sprints as you can, even if you find yourself slowing way down with the same amount of effort. When your time exceeds the 45 seconds, add 10 seconds to the on time (55 seconds instead of 45) for the remaining sprints.
  • smm773
    Options
    In the hour I was able to do all the way thru the first main set and finished the second set of fin kicks. That took me the hour and then I continued on another half hour to work on flip turns. I am doing about a 23-25 second 25 at this point. I did find myself slowing way down the last 4 but I did it!!! Going on a four hour paddle tomorrow so not sure I will swim tomorrow. Thanks for the encouragement folks!! Happy to have you around.
  • jjeanmneis
    jjeanmneis Posts: 83 Member
    Options

200 kick on side
    200 1 pull, 6 kicks
    200 catch up
    REPEAT

She told me to print out workout and only swim for 60 minutes and make notes for 6 workouts how far I get . . .

Is this in yards/lenghs or laps?? (either way holy cow!)
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    In the hour I was able to do all the way thru the first main set and finished the second set of fin kicks. That took me the hour and then I continued on another half hour to work on flip turns. I am doing about a 23-25 second 25 at this point. I did find myself slowing way down the last 4 but I did it!!! Going on a four hour paddle tomorrow so not sure I will swim tomorrow. Thanks for the encouragement folks!! Happy to have you around.

Good job!!!!!
  • smm773
    Options
    This is in yards.

The last couple of days I have gotten even further in the hour. I am really proud of myself. The turns are getting better . . .even tried to do my flip turns with fin and paddles this week . .that was interesting!
  • fit4lifemom
    fit4lifemom Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That is a great workout that your trainer gave you. I LOVE LOVE LOVE kick intensive workouts,
  • swimdeb1
    swimdeb1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good workout. I outdoor like to try it. We did the three strokes 6 kicks and sailboats today.
  • Ms_J1
    Ms_J1 Posts: 253 Member
    Options

200 kick on side
    200 1 pull, 6 kicks
    200 catch up
    REPEAT

That's a fantastic workout!