Scary Night Feeding

Options
Last night I ate more after ten in the evening than I did all day long and it was a frenzy. I was just under my 1300 calories intake for the day, next thing I know 1500 calories in less than two hours. I am very disappointed in inability to break this habit I have struggled with night feeding for as long as I can remember I made a bad mistake last night by not just say hey stop it was as though I was watching myself eat all of that food rather than participating. UGH this behavior must stop! Anyone have any pointers that have given them some relief? I have over a 100 lbs to lose and I know the night feeding is the issue. All help is welcome thank you!

Replies

• btoff52
    btoff52 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    wow, its scary to have you say the exact same thing i have been thinking
    But you are so much braver then me with posting this with pic
  • gxmiller31
    gxmiller31 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    What helps me the most is to exercise instead of snacking. I have a treadmill and if I am slogging along, I'm not snacking. If I can't exercise than drinking a big glass of water, chewing gum or a diet soda may do the trick. If you do want to eat, you might try carrots, celery or some other low calorie high fiber veggies. It's definitely tough, though.
  • _Clarana_
    _Clarana_ Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • ingehooper
    ingehooper Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I either have a low calorie hot chocolate drink or do some squats/lunges instead. Both pass the time and beat the urge to eat. Maybe try a yoga/pilates/stretching session at night before bed - Iv done that and I feel worked out and relaxed after and no need to eat x
  • XanthePersephone
    XanthePersephone Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    gxmiller31 wrote: »
    What helps me the most is to exercise instead of snacking. I have a treadmill and if I am slogging along, I'm not snacking. If I can't exercise than drinking a big glass of water, chewing gum or a diet soda may do the trick. If you do want to eat, you might try carrots, celery or some other low calorie high fiber veggies. It's definitely tough, though.

This. Although I must ask if what went in to the late night snack was excluded from the 1300 calories of the day - then I would say eat one small portion of the trigger food during the day, then exercise/eat healthy veggies without the calories at night - have them all prepared and as easy to grab as a bag of potato chips. This way you train your brain that the trigger food is only in small quantities and a part of your normal diet - and night binging becomes harmless caloric-ly and boring to boot.

Ideas. It's all about resetting your behavior.
  • freya1979
    freya1979 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can relate to being tempted to eat foods I consider "bad" or "forbidden." But if I eat just a small amount of them during the day, and tell myself it's not kind to myself to eat them at night- I don't need comfort from that. And I pray and make phone calls. It's hard to be alone with those feelings!