NSV of the day

Options
mrron2u
mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
I only just recently learned what the term NSV means (Non Scale Victory) and thought it might be fun, encouraging and inspiring to start a thread here for us to share our NSV of the day.

For me, today I was able to wear a new pair of size 40 pants I bought over the weekend at Costco. This represents several NSV's for me. First of all I was in 48's for the longest time, and second of all, I can shop at Costco now! Now you know I'm not a fashionista if I'm shopping there - but I feel great and think these new pants fit and look really great!

Looking forward to hearing of other NSV's from my Type 2 buddies!

Replies

• kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Ok, hmm, mine for today is the size 16 black dress pants I can wear now!!! Orginally down from a size 20!
  • cwrig
    cwrig Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Isn't that an awesome feeling? I was also in 48's (dress pants 50's) and an now wearing size 40. I love not shopping in the big n tall section! And I can now tuck my shirt in more than an inch!
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Ok, hmm, mine for today is the size 16 black dress pants I can wear now!!! Orginally down from a size 20!

@mrron2u - Congrats to you!!! That's awesome! :) I'm not a major fashionista either. I would shop at Costco.

@kamaperry - Me too!
  • mrron2u
    Options
    It was awesome and I feel so much lighter!!!

I was even trying on XXL shirts and jackets, and I used to be a 4X guy!

I feel like I've come a long way from hiding under my fat guy clothes! I know I still probably have 75 to 100 pounds to go, but I know it's completely achievable now!
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I love this journey, how empowered we all are!
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I only just recently learned what the term NSV means (Non Scale Victory) and thought it might be fun, encouraging and inspiring to start a thread here for us to share our NSV of the day.

For me, today I was able to wear a new pair of size 40 pants I bought over the weekend at Costco. This represents several NSV's for me. First of all I was in 48's for the longest time, and second of all, I can shop at Costco now! Now you know I'm not a fashionista if I'm shopping there - but I feel great and think these new pants fit and look really great!

Looking forward to hearing of other NSV's from my Type 2 buddies!

Congratulations mrron, there's not many greater emotional experiences than slipping into a smaller pair of jeans when working towards our goals. Hey, Costco has some great fashion going on man, and pappa's got a new pair of jeans. Well done. Enjoy your well deserved accomplishment!
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    I'm so glad you brought up NSV's! Often we gauge progress only by the scale, and there are so many other ways to feel positive and successful. You're making fantastic progress and you're sharing what helps you stay on track with us. That's a double bonus! ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • ecclesse
    ecclesse Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Over the weekend, my daughter's boy friend was looking at some of her facebook pics. In one she was in a group shot and he asked who they guy standing next to her was. It was me! I will remember that one for a long time.
  • mrron2u
    Options
    Over the weekend, my daughter's boy friend was looking at some of her facebook pics. In one she was in a group shot and he asked who they guy standing next to her was. It was me! I will remember that one for a long time.

I like this one! Past pictures are another great gauge of progress! Congrats!
  • life_enthusiast
    life_enthusiast Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love this way of looking at things. I much prefer to count my victories than my failures. My latest NSV is going trampoline jumping with friends this weekend. 3 years ago, my back hurt too much (due to my weight) and I would've been afraid of hurting it worse. All the hiking, walking, swimming and other fun physical activities I've tried over the last three years have given me an "I'll try it" attitude. I had HUGE amounts of fun. Being sore afterwards for a couple days was totally worth it! I wouldn't have said that three years ago! LOL!

I would love to see this thread keep going, so we can keep posting as we add to our NSV lists.

Create a great day!
    Kristen
  • mrron2u
    Options
    My NSV today was this:

I went to a reunion meeting for a health group work offered called Healthy Heart, Healthy You. It was a cholestoral improvement program that I participated in. I was asked to come along to be ready to share my story and my sucesses. It felt really good to talk about what I've learned and what I've accomplished in the past 113 days. It reminds me to stay the course and to keep tapping in to the resources out there. I really worked hard to sell the Community aspect of MFP. I never realized how motivating and helpful people that I don't really know can be. Thanks everyone for all you do (probably without knowing it) to keep me motivated!

Next program work is offering is about Diabetes! I can't wait!
  • express1975
    express1975 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of NSV's. But after reading what everyone has posted, I realize I have a few victories, too. Clothing is the biggest one. Being able to shop at regular stores and not the big and tall places is a plus. I started at 60in waist and now I'm at 48in. My friends have always called me Big Lou but now when they say that, they correct themselves and say Not so Big Lou. I don't mind, its nice that people notice the weight loss.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of NSV's. But after reading what everyone has posted, I realize I have a few victories, too. Clothing is the biggest one. Being able to shop at regular stores and not the big and tall places is a plus. I started at 60in waist and now I'm at 48in. My friends have always called me Big Lou but now when they say that, they correct themselves and say Not so Big Lou. I don't mind, its nice that people notice the weight loss.

Congrats Lou!! 12 inches off your waist. Amazing!
  • mrron2u
    Options
    That is awesome Lou!
  • express1975
    express1975 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • mrron2u
    Options
    So my NSV of the day was this:

Yesterday I participated in the Ice Bucket Challenge. In doing so I posted a video to FaceBook of me. I have been very quiet about what I've been doing on FB so people who do not see me every day really noticed that I've lost weight. It felt good to get some of the comments/compliments about how good I'm looking! I do a 5K this weekend and I'll be seeing people I haven't seen in a year so it'll be fun to see if they notice!

Happy Friday all! And if you want to see my video for the ALS Ice Bucket challenge feel free to FB friend me!
  • tragerjs
    Options
    My NSV is that I have tracked my food for 5 days in a row. It's a big deal for me because I'm usually horrible about tracking my meals!
  • mrron2u
    Options
    My NSV is that I have tracked my food for 5 days in a row. It's a big deal for me because I'm usually horrible about tracking my meals!
    That is awesome! Tracking has literally saved my life so I understand how big a deal it is. Keep up the great work!
  • tragerjs
    Options
    Thank you!! :smile:
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone posting their NSV's!:drinker: Very commendable accomplishments indeed.

Thanks mrron for starting this topic.