Any one starting SS or in Week 1

Options
Hi All, I have had success in the past with this, but hope to do 4 week cycle now. Looking for those starting now or recently to share tips and provide support. Thanks!

Replies

• StamperDiver
    StamperDiver Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Are you doing the 4 week plan or just picking 4 weeks out of the original Shred? I am in week 5, day 1 of the original Shred program. I thought drinking the lemon water with flax seed this morning would be awful but it wasn't that bad. I just drank it really fast. I have lost about 11 pounds, and about 1 1/4 inches. The hardest thing for me is finding ways to season chicken and vegetables without oils and butter or sauces. I have used spray butter and lots of spices, but other tips would be nice.
  • lorenavanessa
    lorenavanessa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am on the 4 week plan Super Shred. I am on day 4 and it is going well....tonight I am going to a Flamenco show, so hoping to stay on plan!!! I already checked the menu and I know they have a black bean soup and garden salad!!
  • lorenavanessa
    Options
    Chicken can be boring, but I found that if you bake it with just a little salt, pepper and cumin.........and then when serving put on a couple tablespoons of chunky Pace salsa (or making my own if I am not feeling too tired!!)........so good!!!

Another thing I like to do is boil the chicken pieces, with a garlic clove and a pinch of salt the night before. The next day, rip it apart and on a sauce pan a put olive oil spray and put in my favorite veggies (tomato, onion, peppers of all colors) with a pinch of garlic powder, when the veggies get soft, put in the chicken and mix it up........then I place this on a ice berg or romain lettuce leaf............yummy tacos!!!

Good Luck!
  • StamperDiver
    StamperDiver Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips for chicken. I don't like fish so that is limiting. I like to use fat free italian dressing for a marinade too. How did you do at the Flamenco Show? I am starting week 6, day 1 of Shred tomorrow. I have lost 14.5 pounds so far (I weigh every day even though you aren't supposed to). After this, I am going to try Super Shred for the 4 weeks. I checked the book out of the library. There was a recipe in that book for a Squash and Corn soup. I made it last night and had some for lunch today. It was very good and much lower that 200 calories in the 1.25 cup that I had.
  • lorenavanessa
    Options
    I will have to try it with FF Italian Dressing!

My last flamenco show went well.......classes start up again in a week or 2, so that should be fun.

You are doing great on shred. I am on Day 2 or week 2. I haven't been able to weigh myself but plan to tomorrow morning, when I can get on my normal scale in the morning. I sometimes do the every day weighin, but started getting too stressed out :)

Good Luck on getting week 6 done and looking forward to seeing you on SS!!

v