Hi , I'm new !

I am really glad to have found a low carb group on here. I successfully lost 1.5 stone on the Atkins diet a few years ago, but sadly I gradually put it all back on again, plus some extra. I have been trying to lose it again but I don't have much success with diets which just count calories. So , I am back to counting carbs and feeling really positive about it. I have lost 5lbs in my first week and ketostix are showing I am in ketosis. I have 2 stone to lose. Wish me luck !

Replies

• qteepahtutee
    qteepahtutee Posts: 3 Member
    That's really good progress! Stick with it!
  • ckdprevent
    ckdprevent Posts: 105 Member
    I'm new. I have always eaten according to a high carb, low fat, low meat diet. But after reading Daniel Lieberman's book, "The Story of the Human Body" I have been working towards less carbs. Then this week came out a study showing that people eating a low carb diet, with saturated fat and meat, lost more weight and less muscle then the high carb, low fat diet. The low carb diet also saw increases in HDL and no increase in LDL. So I'm now taking the plunge to start eating the Low-Carb way. I will still log in myfitnesspal, eventhough the plan says you don't have to count calories. But I'm unclear of the sugar counts in most vegetables, so I'm learning which veges are better than others. Wish me luck!