Meet and Greet

Options

Replies

• InstantCoffee100
    Options
    Hi! I am Hanna and this looks like a fun way to keep motivated towards a waypoint goal. I was pretty fit but then got sick/injured. Just getting back on track now.
  • Nikkiekoala
    Nikkiekoala Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! I am a 52 year old wife and mom. Thanks to a wake up call, being dx with type 2 diabetes May 2013, I have now lost 53 lbs! AND am no longer on diabetes meds OR cholesterol meds!! I have been on a MAJOR plateau for the past 3 months and really need all the support I can get to get me back to the losing track. My dedication and motivation have not wavered. Yes, I feel defeated every time I weigh myself but console myself with 'well at least you didn't gain'. With the new school year (I am reading teacher) and the holidays approaching, it is time to start losing again....twenty pounds will be a great start! I am looking forward to learning from all of you.
  • CosmicBella
    CosmicBella Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, married and a mother of two kids, ages 9 and nearly 11.

I have lost nearly 50 pounds since starting MFP in January of 2012. I would love to be able to lose another 20 by Christmas and be closer to my goal. I run 3 times a week and do weight training another 3-4 days.

I'm excited to meet all of you and to get this weight off. :flowerforyou:
  • layla_luvyah
    layla_luvyah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm L.A...I'm the mother of two young adults. I've been on MFP for some time off and on, the support on this site is amazing. I am hoping to lose some weight, the healthy way. I have a few issues within myself which I am trying my best to deal with,at times makes it difficult. I am looking forward to this challenge, I think it would help me to stay motivated, get support and give it support.

Good luck everyone!!:flowerforyou:
  • al211
    al211 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 26 years old, single and have been a yo-yo with my weight since I can remember. Until the last year I was feeling really good about my body and weight, I had the time to work out a lot and eat mostly healthy. The last year I had a lot going on (all good stuff, but a lot of new stuff to juggle). I wasn't able to work out as much and frequently found myself eating because of stress or exhaustion. I am making this commitment with all of you to lose 20 by Christmas. It will be an amazing feeling to do that as well as an enjoyable journey.

Since it is August 20th, we have about 4 months left. Therefore, my short-term goal is to be 165 by September 20th. In order to do this and keep myself accountable, I plan to keep you all posted and update my weight weekly, every Wednesday. As of today, I am 170. I will let you know what the scale tells me a week from today!

I look forward to supporting everyone during this challenge we have set for ourselves and I am excited to have the support from everyone here.

Also, I started the 30-day challenge on Sunday. (Be active for at least 30 mins for 30 days) 4 days, check!
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am 54, married for 22 years and have struggled with my weight for way to many years to remember, I am currently around 50-60lbs overweight for my 5ft 4in body.
    I am into traditional archery and also like to throw a big double headed axe for fun.
    I need to get a grip on the weight and while I have been a member here for a pretty long time, I have not made much progress.
    I have been trying to follow low carb way but it is so hard and I am all about keeping things simple so I am now just going to do the calorie counting, sensible, minimal processed food thing.
    I would be very happy if I could lose 20lbs by Christmas.
    Looking forward to getting to know you all while we whittle away the pounds!
  • cycletrak1
    cycletrak1 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Ann'e. I have lived in the same city in Michigan all of my life. I am 53 yrs old. I have a great husband of 32 yrs and we have three grown sons (28, 30 and 31) who are living on their own, two sons are married and the other son is in a serious relationship. No grandbabies yet. We do have one furry baby Zoey (Rat Terrier/Miniature Pincher mutt) who is 5 yrs old.

2012 I did a Triathlon - Swim 400m (1/4 mile), then Bike 16K (10+ Miles), then Ran/Walk 5K (3+ Miles). I was the last one out of the water, but there were at least 4 people that I know of who could finish the swim. On the bike ride, I caught up and passed two people, on the 5K, I passed another person. So even though I started out last, I didn't finish last! My time was 2hrs 45 min 37 seconds. I posted pics here on my MFP profile. April 2013, my youngest son and I did a 5K together. I posted pics of that too.

Little did I know at the time that everything would come to a halt when my father-in-law died May 2013. It was emotionally and physically draining to help my mother-in-law take care of him, so there was no energy left in me. I would not have traded that experience for anything. I loved him very much!c

Now I'm back and trying to get back on track. :flowerforyou:
  • jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I know that I'm joining into this late but I love the motivation that a good active group can bring. And it's perfect fit because I definitely need to lose 20 lbs by Christmas. Even more but let's start with 20. I'm a 36 yr old with a wonderful hubby and 2 very active sons 4 yrs and 1 1/2 yr old. I work hard at trying to lose weight but I know there is so much more I could do. Just need to start. Like not eating the 1000 cal dinner I had out with my family this evening :( but I keep trying. It's changing my life for me not a diet.
  • cycletrak1
    cycletrak1 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    2012 I did the Hawk Island Triathlon - Swim 400m (1/4 mile), then Bike 16K (10+ Miles), then Ran/Walk 5K (3+ Miles). I was the last one out of the water, but there were at least 4 people that I know of who could NOT finish the swim. The swim is the first part of the Triathlon. On the bike ride, I caught up and passed two people, on the 5K, I passed another person. So even though I started out last, I didn't finish last! My time was 2hrs 45 min 37 seconds. I posted pics here on my MFP profile. April 2013, my youngest son and I did the Lansing Capital 5K together. I posted pics of that too.

Tried to edit and in the midst of doing it, apparently my time ran out and it didn't update my changes. So I re-posted the paragraph with the corrections. :flowerforyou:
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 53 years old. I have a great professional job. My wife and I have been married for 20 years. We did not have children. I'm currently working on an AA in Art at a local college. I already have a BA and a MS, so I'm kind of doing this backwards.

I started my current weight loss journey in May by making a bet with my college professor. He was an active duty Marine at one point, but went on to get an MFA. I was a Soldier once and I'm totally kicking his butt in the weight loss contest. I'm down 22 pounds since May. I have an intermediate target of 1 Sept to be down in weight by 10% (25 pounds). With a couple weeks to go I have 3 pounds to lose. I signed up for this group because 20 pounds by Xmas will actually get me to my goal weight.

I'm looking forward to spending the next part of my journey to fitness with this group.
  • Jojojesse
    Jojojesse Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am a 40 year old mother of twin 3 year olds and a 1 year old. I found the scale saying 271 last Christmas and thought if I want to keep up with these kids I better lose some weight, and thus it began. I detoxed from sugar and caffeine ( very hard first few weeks). I want to hit One-derland, so about 21 pounds more by the end of the year ( for a total of 72 pounds this year). We want one more baby, started late and if by 41 it does not happen will close that chapter of my life. Good luck everyone! look forward to additional support. At this point I walk for exercise, am working full time and spend every other waking moment with my kids,

Jojo
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!

My name is Crystal, I am 32, my husband and I have been together for 14 years, married for 7. We have three beautiful children, 11yr old son,7 yr old daughter, and 5 yr old daughter. We have an awesome dog and two cats. I have been a member of MFP since 2012 but only recently really started using it seriously. I have been "thinking" I need to lose weight for 9 years but havent really ever put any long term effort into it. Didnt even pay attention to my weight or what it really was until recently. I reached my highest weight of 326 as of May 2014. I am down 16lbs so far- woo woo!! I have set small 10 lb goals for myself with rewards with each 10 lbs goal reached!! I have already made it to my first goal of 10 lbs and got my first reward of a fitbit flex. I am 4 lbs til my next goal and reward of a new outfit and with this 20lbs by christmas will get me to my 3rd reward of a massage!! Yay!! I look forward to being encouraged as well as encouraging others through this mini challenge (or atleast it is a mini challenge for me)!!!
  • mustangEvie
    mustangEvie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm a 36 year old mother of the greatest 3 year old boy ever. I'm engaged to my son's father. I work full time and have changed my eating habits just a couple of months ago. Started using MFP and limiting calories in July and have lost about 16 pounds so far! I have a big goal - to lose over 100 pounds so this group is great because it is really the smaller goals that will get me there.... I know my ultimate goal is a year or 2 away.

Currently I am trying to get into a work out routine. My diet is limiting calories of course, but also limiting processed foods, refined sugar and flour, eating clean, lots of fruits and veggies. I am open to new friends, have an open diary and always welcome feedback.
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    So thrilled to see all the new peeps that have joined! I'm Margaret and I will turn 48 in September! I have been married to a wonderful man for almost 24 years, have two kids, my daughter is 23 and my is 20. I want to drop the weight for me, I was ill earlier this year and on top of being sick found out I was pre diabetic and have high blood pressure. I was put on some meds but the doctor said if I lost some weight I could be pulled off of them. I hate any kind of medicine so something clicked and it gave me the push I need to be healthy. I do 5 pound goals, I need little goals as it's overwhelming the weight I need to drop. Keep your eye on the prize and don't look back!
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm Rachael, 31 years old, from southern NJ. I have almost 11 year old boy/girl twins that I raise alone. I am currently in the process of re-losing the 20-25 lbs I gained back from April til now to get back to the 80 lb loss I was originally at. I am currently seeing someone (pretty new) and he is 100% supportive of my weightloss even though he says he likes the way I look already. I work full time, am going back to school for my Masters in Social Work in about 2 weeks. I have to keep myself accountable right now. I'm very afraid that I will overeat when I start school bc I will be stressed out. Finding the time to balance work, school, kids, internship and all of 21490285094368 responsibilities will be a challenge. With the help of all of you, I will be back to the body I once had :)

Uggg, got on the scale this morning and knew I should not have, I am up 1.5 pounds. I think it was all the crab we had this weekend, while the calories are not high the sodium is very high. Even my fingers feel swollen. Anyone know how to flush this out, just lots of water?

potassium helps a lot with water retention.
  • joyousmartin
    joyousmartin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi All! So glad to have this space to cheer on others and keep myself accountable. :)

I'm 30 and (like so many here) have always struggled with my weight. I lost 24 pounds between March 2013 and November 2013, reaching my all-time low weight of 130 pounds. I felt great and only had 10 more pounds to go to reach my ultimate goal weight of 120 pounds.

Then the holidays happened. Then we took a took a two-week trip for a friend's wedding in India where I ate too much rich food. Then I celebrated my birthday... for a month. Then we ended up moving from Seattle to New York for work and had a really stressful transition. Long story short, I've gained back 11.5 pounds of the 24 pounds previously lost and am feeling pretty crummy about it. I'm looking to lose 21 pounds by Christmas, which will put me at my ultimate goal weight of 120 pounds.

Thanks in advance for the support. We can do this. :)
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hopping onto this awesome group a little late!

I am 25 and about to move to NYC to start my first real job as an attorney. Throughout college and law school I gained weight due to poor eating habits and drinking too much alcohol. I lost about 20lbs through some small changes and MFP, but have gained about ten back since I started dating my boyfriend, as we both love to eat and drink when we socialize! I have never been obese but have felt uncomfortably heavy for years now, and I am always just slightly overweight in a way that makes it difficult to feel confident.

I have mild anxiety problems, and taking control of my eating, exercise, and health actually really helps with that. Recently my focus has been on getting my micro nutrients under control- I've been routinely deficient in iron and calcium, among other things. Since doing that my energy level has really improved!

I use my fitbit and try to stick to 10,000 steps a day between walking and jogging. I am working my way up to a consistent lifting routine. I am SO determined to lose this weight this time. I WILL be 20lbs lighter by Christmas!!!!!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Miranda and I just joined the group today!

I am 33, married and have a son who just started kindergarten. I am the controller for 2 aerospace companies. Best.job.EVER!

I used MFP about 3.5 years ago and lost 30 pounds. Happy mama! I allowed life and the worst.job.ever to get in the way and I gained back 20. I've been trying to lose it for about 2 years now with no avail. I'm tired of not seeing results and I'm the only one that can change. I am going back to my simplistic approach I used the first time around and not obsessive over macros, etc, I'm just concentrating on calories in/ calories out at this point. It worked the first time so once I start actually getting somewhere, I will be gin to hone in more on macros again.

Glad to be here!
  • Beachlady24
    Beachlady24 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi, Good Day :glasses:
    Seven years ago this Summer I lost my waist line. Where did it go? I feel like an Umpa Lumpa from the Chocolate Factory. I have worked for over 35 years, married, raised 2 children, bounced around from coast to coast, and now I have nothing to do and all day to do it. I need to start making some good habits and it starts right here. I enjoyed reading the introductions. I looked at all the beautiful faces and realized I'm not alone in this battle. Thank you! :flowerforyou: I appreciate your suggestions, and If you need a friend I'm available.
  • melissay28
    melissay28 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm 30, mom of an 8 year old boy and wife to a soldier. I work full time, at home, sitting at a desk. I've worked a desk job for the past 7 years and it has KILLED my metabolism. I never worried about weight, even after my son was born, until we were stationed in Alaska. Combined with your bodies natural desire to store fat to keep warmth (yes you turn into a polar bear if you are there long enough), crappy winters (who wants to go outside when its -30...NOT ME!!!), rainy summers (hello 35 days straight of rain one year!), bad eating habits, sitting on my *kitten* at work, and an IUD that made me gain over 10 lbs in a couple months time that wouldn't go away for anything until I had it removed, I gained over 20 lbs and weighed more than I did 9 months pregnant. For someone who could eat fast food everyday and not gain an ounce this was a BIG deal for me. I felt like a blob and had zero motivation to change it. Not only was my weight an issue but I was depressed and miserable. I hated everything and everybody around me. Then a year ago we got stationed in Hawaii...AWESOME!!! Until you put on a bathing suit and all you see in your head is the Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters. A couple months after being here I got down to 135 thanks to the availability of fresh produce, that was actually affordable, and being active on the weekends. Once the new wore off and it was back to work for my husband and myself, school for our son, the activity and always healthy eating slowly dwindled and my weight went up, again. This year is my 10th Anniversary and I would LOVE to be close to the weight I was when I got married! I know that will probably never happen again, and not sure that I would look very healthy at 115 lbs now. My goal is somewhere between 120-125. I guess it will just depend on how I feel about myself once I get to 125 if I keep going. I know that my husband would love to see me skinny and happy about myself again. I need people that are positive motivators and want to keep each other accountable!