August Chat

Options

Replies

• Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ker,

Such a long ride, hope you have some fun tunes and good audio books to listen to during the trip. Wishing your Mom the Best of Care. Enjoy the visit.

Take your time getting it all done. We'll be thinking of you. Perhaps you can drop us a line when you get there.

Happy Trails,

Claudine
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Ker, thanks for letting us know what is happening. How blessed it is that you are able to have the opportunity to help your brother and visit your Mom. My thoughts are with you for a safe journey and that your Mom's strength continues to build as I am sure she is delighted to know you are on your way,

Safe journey and as Claudine asks, let us know you arrived safely, should you have time, Take Care, Marian
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Safe journey Ker........ just do the best you can...x

Jean
  • ireallyneedit
    ireallyneedit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The very best to you and will pray your travels go well and everything else.....it is not an easy time so take care.
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Ker,
    I wish you some beautiful times with your mother on your visit. Have a safe trip and take it easy with the drive.
    No planes so you should not lose your phone this trip.
    Wanda
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Ker,

Thinking only good thoughts for you, your mom, travels, and your home. It is a lot you have to contend with but we will be thinking of you.

Charlie
  • jbouthiette
    jbouthiette Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Safe travels Ker, thoughts and prayers to you and your Mom.
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Good decision Ker to see your Mom. Good heart, :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Oh, Ker, please know my prayers are with all of you.

Please stop and walk when you need to while driving. That really does help a lot for me.

Remember we will be thinking and praying for you whether we see or not!!
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. Ker and others in Florida. That orange X in the Atlantic changed to a red X and is due to pass right over us tonight. 'Tis that time of year.
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Ker - hope everything goes well for you. Enjoy your mum while you still can. Be safe :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Jen
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Morning, I just returned from a great walk, it is so beautiful outside!! Cool and muggy! better than HOT and muggy. Planning out my meal for the day. Trying to be faithful to the program. My sister in law told me yesterday that she would "give you a gift a money if you would want to explore bariatric surgey" I have thought of it from time to time but when it comes down to it, I just can not imagine altering my body so drastically.
    I hope everyone has a great day and get some fresh air and sunshine!!

Ker, I wish you a safe trip and God's Blessing Wanda
  • cloeyeddie
    cloeyeddie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Kerr, Sounds like you have a lot to do but also that you have a plan and have it under control. Have a safe drive and don't work too hard while you're there and enjoy the visit also. Even if you aren't able to post , you're in our thoughts - and wishing you the best.

Hope all is well with those of you in the red X path.
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!

I can not believe we are starting to come to the end of August :sad: I really hate to see the summer ending, we have such a short summer here in Upstate NY. I am looking forward to my program on Tuesday night. I'll fill you in if I get any great hints for success.

The area that I am most lacking in is EXERCISE My goal is to add 5 minutes each week to my walks and build up from there!!

Wish me luck :heart:
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Great Goal!

I am so ready for fall b/c of cooler weather. AND because of College Football !! I love it!

Have a great evening
  • smilesback
    Options
    I am measuring and weighing my foods and learning what it means to feel hunger. I usually eat because I like to eat. It seems funny to say that, but it is true. I enjoy reading menus in restaurants like they were a top selling book! It is all pretty funny to me now, but 30 lbs of fat only will increase if I don't change my ways. Anyways, thanks for being here and have a good night.
  • JoanLovell
    JoanLovell Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha... A couple of years ago my long time husband thought it would be fun to suggest that we renew our vows and proposed with an enormous "diamond" ring he's bought at a thrift shop for $7. It was just as wonderful as the real thing would have been. I think the super-cheap reward idea is great... maybe a pin or bracelet and I'm going to get something for myself today! Just want to make sure it's something I'll actually wear - as a reminder. P.S. - we never did get around to re-marrying - but it was the thought that counted.
  • Rebamae
    Options
    JoanLovell Your husband sounds like a great guy!!
    I love the diamond ring part!!

I am soooo excited: Why, you ask??

We are going to Colorado! :bigsmile: We are leaving Saturday and will return Sept 7th. I absolutely LOVE LOVE the mountains. We are not taking our camper, instead opted for a cabin.

We are high up in the boondocks of the mountains, consequently, there is not wifi and very limited (if any) cell phone coverage. In fact there is not even a TV other than for watching movies. I want to sit by the creek, look at the mountains and read. Oh sounds fantastic!!

I must get busy and do something other than Chat!!
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Smilesback--I've been weighing and measuring my food for 2 years! I try to eat only half of my restaurant meal and take the rest home. It's habit now. I've lost 25lbs (5 before I joined MFP) so I know it works. Weighing and measuring has now become a habit for me and it will for you, too. One piece of advice--don't cut out your favorite foods, just try to be more aware of how much you are eating and build them into your calories. Otherwise, you might feel really deprived.

I didn't exercise or log for the last two days because it was my birthday yesterday. For the first time in 2 years, I'm not beating myself up about going off the track and eating waaaaay too many calories. I have confidence that I'll get back into the routine over the next few days. That's really progress for me.
  • smilesback
    Options
    Gramanana - happy birthday and good success to accept getting older, being wiser, and meeting your goals!
    Reba - Have fun in the Mile High Club - ?? ;)
    Joan- It is the thought always that counts, awesome man you got. Me too!

Gotta shout out - Food Is Not My Entertainment, but I still really really really enjoy eating :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: