August Challenge Sat Aug 16th to Fri Aug 22

Options
1235»

Replies

• beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Angela - thanks for the workouts tips. Fully agree on the 30 day challenge keeping one focused. I'm just going to modify a bit for me...I've worked too hard to get hormones and sleep in line to screw it up by doing what amounts to daily metabolic workouts/ metcons. Been there done that, have the sleepless nights and 12 months of PT in too recent of past as a reminder. At 54 with a fairly hectic life and stressful job, I've learned my limits, and my need for pretty significant recovery time.

Damn scale stays within 1lb back and forth. Bascially has for last 60 days. But I continue to pull out clothes that were too tight, and now are not. It's weird. But good.

All this talk about scales and body weight had me thinking I wish I had a true benchmark of my body composition...more accurate than my scale which reads lbs and % body fat. Just discovered that the Univ of WI and MKE Physical Activity and Health Reseach Lab does Dexa scans (along with VO2 max, resting metabolic rate, etc) for the public. Not cheap but also not as expensive as I thought. With basically 90 days until Thanksgiving, I really want to focus on those final two pieces I say I need- regular sprints and weight training. I just made the appointment for next Tuesday. ACK. Not sure I want to know.... Will schedule another in 90 days and see if what I think is happening is really happening.
  • MarkMcElvy
    MarkMcElvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Morning Friday, actually did some squats this morning. Not very exciting but it's something. Trying to get my wife to join in to help motivate.
  • kilosierra83
    kilosierra83 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Friday!!!!

Way behind at work so had to skimp on some of my weights, but did my squats!
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Checking in real quick again. I'm really loving the comments. Not my day today. No loss for the week. Tripped on the anchor line of my tomatoes and fell on my knees and wrists. Then I cut myself deep right when I was about to leave, had to stop the bleeding, treat the wound etc.etc. Now I'm late to my appointment which means I will be late to another later appointment AND I'm behind on my garden. Oh first world problems lol
  • GoodDaytoYou
    GoodDaytoYou Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I feel you heron, stressful day here too! SO glad the work day is over and it's Friday. And YES BEER!!!
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Happy saturday Folks, will check back later for the new week thread. But got lots going on so could be late and might forget.
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Saturday. Ended up doing a rest day yesterday started doing squats and by rep 3 or 4 could not control my knee from doing a valgus collapse. Even BW.

In other news....discovered a great meditation app. Headspace. Free download. I suspect after the first 10 sessions it may cost to continue. I try to do some form of meditation most days, helps both with stress but I think focus too. Which helps me professionally. This app is a great way to try meditation if it's new to you.