intro :)

Options
jasr2013
jasr2013 Posts: 3 Member
Hi, I'm new to Keto, soaking up everything that I can learn right now and have a start date of the 28th (cause I do well with start dates)! Looking to lose some weight and learn some nutrition! Glad this forum was created, thanks for the invite!:smile:

Replies

• dreza192
    dreza192 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Jasr2013, My name is Dana and I am new here too :) I actually started Keto on Monday!
  • girlongoing
    girlongoing Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I've been doing keto since April 16, so that's 74 days.
    I saw this group and figured I'd join.
  • taymozz
    taymozz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, how have you found it? Have you had trouble sleeping at all and how much have you lost? x
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hi, new to this group, not new to Keto. Working at getting back into it after a very awful month. Things are finally looking up again!

Feel free to add me, I'm here every day :)
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Ive been doing Keto since Oct 2013 and lately I've been running into
    some challenges so I need all the support I can get. Feel free to send a FR we can keep each other motivated.

Good success everyone
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi, new to this group, not new to Keto. Working at getting back into it after a very awful month. Things are finally looking up again!

Feel free to add me, I'm here every day :)

FR sent
  • underpsi01
    underpsi01 Posts: 14
    Options
    Been on keto for about 7 days. I really like it. I hope to learn much here ! ;)
  • LilMamaBear125
    LilMamaBear125 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    New to the group, but I've been Ketoing since December. It was going to be a New Year's Resolution, but I was impatient and anxious to get started, so I started 3 weeks early haha

6 months later I'm still playing around with my macros and trying to find a groove that I can actually settle into and stay with! I keep using the Keto Calculator and playing around with numbers and ratios :tongue: Either way, I've been losing steadily and feeling wonderful!
  • eresososteo
    eresososteo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm a pretty experienced low carber, have been doing it for many years but have found I simply don't stick to it and certainly don't lose any weight any more :-( When I started 10 or more years ago I could easily lose just by sticking with the plan carefully but have abused my poor old metabolism so much it no longer lets me get away with anything. I have therefore decided to get stuck in and return to proper strict ketogenic LCHF, and give my body a chance to lose.
    I'm a Brit living in Greece and would really like to get a blood ketone monitor but there don't seem to be any on Amazon.co uk and the ones on Amazon.com dont send to Greece so any ideas where to get one from would be appreciated.
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I'm not new to MFP but I'm new to keto!! I've been on and off paleo for about a year and a half so I'm not unfamiliar with "lower" carb, but aiming for ketosis is a whole new thing for me.

Losing some weight would be awesome, but I'm mostly embarking on this new lifestyle due to chronic inflammation in my joints. After many failed attempts at physical therapy, I'm hoping that I can get my body to calm down through diet.

Looking for help and support! Thanks!!
  • Ladylouwolf
    Options
    Hi,
    Over 2 months on Keto/Low Carb Moderate Fat, lost 12 lbs!!!!! I love it!!!! Feel free to friend request me as well. Good luck too all of you. Your bodies will adapt after about 4-6 weeks and get that support!!!! You will feel so much better!!! Hugs
  • vrimj
    vrimj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I just discovered the message boards, but I am not really new to the diet