• tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Pre-pregnancy weight: 134.0
    Height: 5'6.5"
    Delivery Weight (7/8): 159.6 (+25.6)
    Day 10 postpartum (7/18): 141.6
    5 weeks postpartum (8/12): 141.6

I'm not sure why I'm not losing any weight. I'm breastfeeding and not subtracting any calories for it. I wasn't really trying to eat below maintenance since a bout of mastitis jacked up my milk supply, but I figured I'd at least lose a pound or two.

Are you logging? Or estimating what you eat?
  • seidel1325
    seidel1325 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I log every morsel and weigh all my food. When I exercise, I estimate the burn for a 130 lb woman (so I don't overestimate my calories burned). I was just wondering if anyone else is not burning ANY calories from breastfeeding.
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I have been estimating, I really should stop. Stop eating so much crap. Stop estimating because obviously I am crap at it. My low weight from Friday? 2 lbs higher already. I REALLY want my ice cream, I ****ing deserve my ice cream. I have 3 children: 3 years old, 19 months and an almost 3 month old. I get to eat ice cream. I don't want to have to log every single bite I eat. Apparently I need to though because I am starving all the time due to breastfeeding. I feel like I should take a break from logging as I'm obsessing and sad, but I think if I do I'll eat everything I want and then I'll REALLY gain some weight.

Don't know why I'm ranting here. Anyone else feeling this way?
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    I have have a bugger of a time controlling my appetite, yes.
    I really want my junk food and think I should be able to have it, yes.

But, I also really want to achieve my goals.

I epically failed today when I caved to all the junk. Weigh in in tomorrow morning, I am sure I will be appropriately punished by the scale.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I log every morsel and weigh all my food. When I exercise, I estimate the burn for a 130 lb woman (so I don't overestimate my calories burned). I was just wondering if anyone else is not burning ANY calories from breastfeeding.

It's possible not to burn calories from breastfeeding. Milk has calories...your body is producing that milk, your LO is gaining from that milk. It could be possible that your body is retaining fluid or holding on to body fat due to increase prolactin levels but you are certainly burning calories from breastfeeding,
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I have have a bugger of a time controlling my appetite, yes.
    I really want my junk food and think I should be able to have it, yes.

But, I also really want to achieve my goals.

I epically failed today when I caved to all the junk. Weigh in in tomorrow morning, I am sure I will be appropriately punished by the scale.

I completely understand these feelings and totally feel the same. Hopefully the scale is nicer than you expect!
  • HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Pre-preg: 190
    Day of delivery: 214 (7/10/14)
    Total gain: 24 lbs

Week 3 postpartum: 183
    Week 6 postpartum: 175
    Total loss: 39 lbs from highest pregnancy weight

My goal is 165 by October and 150 by December.
    Ultimate goal is 135-140.
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    You are doing great Nikkita!!!
    I only wish I was doing half as well. My weight is still yoyoing :(
    Weigh in tomorrow morning - we will see...
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Delivery: 141-142
    1 week PP: 123.6
    2 weeks PP: 122
    3 weeks PP: 118.4
    GOAL: 110

Only 8.4 pounds from goal and I've been eating 2600-3000 calories a day for the last week and a half. I'm really shocked,
  • tiggerhammon
    Options

Only 8.4 pounds from goal and I've been eating 2600-3000 calories a day for the last week and a half. I'm really shocked,

Maybe I need to eat more! lol

Week 10 Checkin

Total pregnancy gain: 27lbs
    First day home - day 6 postpartum: down 3 lbs
    Day 7/1 week: down 13lbs
    2 week: down 21 lbs
    3 week: down 22 lbs
    4 week: up 0.8lb (5.8 to go)
    5 week: ?
    6 week: up another 0.4 (6.2 to go)
    7 week: down 0.2 (6 to go)
    8 week: down 3.8 (2.2 to go)
    9 week: up 2.0 (4.2 to go)

Week 10 - up another 0.2lbs (4.4 to go) dagnammit! Going the wrong way again! I lost weight so easily with my daughter and I really was so much expecting to have the same luck this time that I am frustrated. I can't eat any less because when I tried I got a drop in milk supply and that scared me. I am not risking that, baby's food is more important than my weight. I have been exercising a ton this past 2 weeks. I don't know what else to do.
  • spunkychelsea
    Options
    5'2"/5'3"
    PP baby #3: 135
    Day of Delivery: 157.0 (22 lb weight gain)
    Evening I came home from hospital: 148.8
    2 weeks: 142.6
    4 weeks: 142.6 (mom cooked)
    6 weeks: 139.4
    8 weeks: 139.4 (4th of July)
    10 weeks: 137.6
    12 weeks: 135.8
    14 weeks: 134.2

I don't know. It looks good and all, but my friggen reports chart looks like a heartbeat. Down 1 lbs, up 1.2 lbs, down 1.4 lbs, up 1.8 lbs, etc. I just wish it would be a steady loss. I swear it depends on whether or not I poop the day before. Ugh. I'm so discouraged and encouraged at the same time. So as of Friday I only need to lose 9.2 lbs more to get to goal. Today I am back up and need to lose 10.6 lbs. I'm tired of counting calories, but I do it every day. I want to lose the weight, but it's hard.

Road trip this coming week for Thursday - Sunday. Nervous. Road trip food, hotels, house hunting? Going to try to eat reasonably but don't think I"ll be able to count calories very closely. Should be interesting. It'll be weird not to weigh in everyday as I've been doing it for...17 months?
  • spunkychelsea
    Options
    Week 10 - up another 0.2lbs (4.4 to go) dagnammit! Going the wrong way again! I lost weight so easily with my daughter and I really was so much expecting to have the same luck this time that I am frustrated. I can't eat any less because when I tried I got a drop in milk supply and that scared me. I am not risking that, baby's food is more important than my weight. I have been exercising a ton this past 2 weeks. I don't know what else to do.

I have no advice. I swear I lost more weight easily after my other two. I've heard it gets harder, I guess it's true. I was exercising, but I started hurting (SPD, which I've never had before) and so I stopped. Walking too much even hurts some days. I know what you mean, I don't want to cut calories too much for milk reasons. I'm just hoping walking and watching what I eat will pay off in the long run. Can you try a different type of exercise? (maybe your body is used to doing what you're doing, so shaking it up might help?) Some people do say eating more might actually help. I just don't know. Best of Luck. We'll get there eventually!
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    5'2"/5'3"
    PP baby #3: 135
    Day of Delivery: 157.0 (22 lb weight gain)
    Evening I came home from hospital: 148.8
    2 weeks: 142.6
    4 weeks: 142.6 (mom cooked)
    6 weeks: 139.4
    8 weeks: 139.4 (4th of July)
    10 weeks: 137.6
    12 weeks: 135.8
    14 weeks: 134.2

I don't know. It looks good and all, but my friggen reports chart looks like a heartbeat. Down 1 lbs, up 1.2 lbs, down 1.4 lbs, up 1.8 lbs, etc. I just wish it would be a steady loss. I swear it depends on whether or not I poop the day before. Ugh. I'm so discouraged and encouraged at the same time. So as of Friday I only need to lose 9.2 lbs more to get to goal. Today I am back up and need to lose 10.6 lbs. I'm tired of counting calories, but I do it every day. I want to lose the weight, but it's hard.

Road trip this coming week for Thursday - Sunday. Nervous. Road trip food, hotels, house hunting? Going to try to eat reasonably but don't think I"ll be able to count calories very closely. Should be interesting. It'll be weird not to weigh in everyday as I've been doing it for...17 months?

Just curious at why you weigh in every day...at least for the vast majority of people it seems to cause more mental distress than it's worth.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    12 weeks pp today! Lost 36 of the 49 gained, 13 pounds to go! We've been preparing for a move in the last 2 weeks and I've lost 3.2 pounds in the last week and a half:)
  • spunkychelsea
    Options
    Just curious at why you weigh in every day...at least for the vast majority of people it seems to cause more mental distress than it's worth.

I'm not sure? Habit now. When I was pregnant it was because I didn't like being surprised after a week of gaining like 3 lbs, at least daily it wouldn't seem as big of a jump.
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    My son is 7 months old today

Total Pregnancy Gain: 20.5lbs
    1 week PP: down 22lbs
    10 weeks PP: down 30lbs

I had lost a total of 35lbs, but gained about 7lbs back. I'm now 8 weeks pregnant with Baby #2 and have lost that 7lbs again because of morning sickness, which I didn't have an issue with the first time.
  • saracantthink
    saracantthink Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Gained 52 lbs. during pregnancy
    Lost 27 in the first week and a half
    At 6 weeks I have 11 lbs. until pre-pregnancy weight
    Unfortunately I also have 42 lbs. past that to get to my pre-pregnancy weight from my first born who is 28 months old. (I gained 60 lbs. with her).
    Then another 9 lbs. to my goal... so there is a long way to go still. Breastfeeding is helping a lot though!
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    You guys are all doing awesome. I need to find my right number. I go too low and lose milk supply, go back up and gain weight. I can't seem to find that magical middle number.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    You guys are all doing awesome. I need to find my right number. I go too low and lose milk supply, go back up and gain weight. I can't seem to find that magical middle number.

You'll find it...just give your body enough time to actually get used to the higher number. You can't assess what the right number is unless your body has a chance to stabilize. The initial weight gain will always be the mass of the extra food and once you're accounted for that you can see how much you're actually gaining. It's after this that I suggest you adjust downward to stop the gain and arrive at a more appropriate number.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options
    Gained 70. Lost 44 so far. Baby is 8 weeks old