Will I become muscular??

Options
EveryB0dy
EveryB0dy Posts: 2 Member
(I'm new)
I have a question that's been bugging me.
I am at a healthy weight but I want a more healthy lifestyle, so I am going into dance classes and dance clubs and parties and eating less fried foods (except fried okra...this is my weakness).
I really don't want a six-pack or huge biceps. My dad showed me what I can look like if I exercised hard enough through a magazine, and the pictures really scared me. I don't want to look too different...
So, if I continue to play hacky-sack and take the stairs and run to catch the bus, will I start to get muscular?
I don't want to have bulging muscles.
My aunt said I should keep dancing but in the meantime I want to know if I should avoid some exercises that will build me into a tank. I like the slim-no muscle look...well I'm average and that's fine but I really don't want to look like that guy from Tekken...
(I'm saying this because I know my friends will invite me to the gym one day and I really want to work-out but not too much...)

Replies

• Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It takes a while to build enough muscle to "look like a tank" (if you are doing it naturally) but in short, if you are eating at a deficit it is most likely you will not gain enough muscle to look bulgy. I suggest doing a search in the forums regarding this as I have seen this topic a lot and there's people on MFP that are more experienced in this topic.
  • kwilson18
    kwilson18 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid of weights, especially heavy ones. The women in the magazines have spent years developing this muscle mass, and before the photo shoot or competition, have "cut" down to a very low weight so that their muscles show more clearly, AND they are flexing. That look doesn't come easily and certainly not from dancing or even lifting heavy weights at the gym :). Search the forums for specific info on programs.