new to LFRV

Options
beetledriver2
beetledriver2 Posts: 3 Member
I am currently reading 80 10 10 by Dr Graham. I'm feeling more confident getting into this LFRV lifestyle. I was pretty intimidated in the beginning. Thank God for youtube. Found a lot of help there. I am 38 years old and currently battling Breast Cancer. This lifestyle attracted me because lets face it, I don't want the cancer to win. I need to get honest about my health and take responsibility for it. During my chemo treatments, I gained 40lbs from the steroids. I was 30lbs overweight on top of that. Now that my treatments no longer make me sick, my doctor recommended that I get the weight off. So here I am. Would love to learn more from this group and gain support. Have a great day everyone!!

Replies

• waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I've been LFRV for over a year and a half now and I've never felt better and my weight and health have improved SO much as a result. Please feel free to add me as I have a lot of experience making a big variety of raw, low fat, and vegan foods and I'm familiar with what the transition process is like :)
  • riachka
    riachka Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI!!!
    I have been LFRV for the last week... YAY me! The transition was not that challenging, but I am aware of the detox that is happening. I Do hope to stay on track, as I already feel the positive changes this style is bringing. If you want to add me, feel free! The more support you have, the easier it gets!
  • Serenitynow29
    Serenitynow29 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bump. I had a great day last week. And when I eat cooked foods now, it just isn't as satisfying.

Anyone here want to share how they started. What they wished they knew before they started, etc.?

Thanks,