August Chat

Options
1235»

Replies

• jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Have a great time Reba...sounds like bliss! :flowerforyou:

I am back from my London weekend and with a three week window of stability in front of me I am looking forward to some great results with food and exercise! :tongue:

Feeling very positive and determined........:happy:

Jean
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Reba: I'm envious. Love the mountains and the more remote the better! I know it has been a stressful year with the draught and heat for you! Enjoy the break!

Gramanana: Happy Birthday!

Jean: It is ironic, isn't it? On one hand we can have a good time but it makes our food and exercise routine more difficult. But, why are we doing this if it isn't so that we can get out and enjoy life more? I'll take the slower weight loss if necessary to have some fun!

Smilesback: I'm with you. I just enjoy food! I have never eaten to live; I have always lived to eat. I don't go along with the 5-bite theory as a way to diet, but I am learning that I can be just has happy with a lot less of all that wonderful food out there!

My problem is leftovers and non-frozen meats. I live alone. I don't like leftovers. I don't like frozen meat. Wasn't an issue when I was feeding a family. My temptation is to eat my dinner until it is gone, rather than eat one serving and throw the rest away. I have to ask myself, what is the difference? Why do I think that eating something that is not good for me is better than just throwing it away? It costs the same in dollars; but, the adverse cost to my health should be the determining factor.
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Back home after a wonderful long weekend in Los Angles with two delightful ladies I met through MFP: 10sdaisy & phylsyl. And you thought the site was just to record calories and exercise.

And what a whirlwind weekend we had: Santa Monica pier and beach time on Friday, The Beatles 50th at the Hollywood Bowl on Saturday, and the Tall Ships Festival with the world's largest rubber duckie on Sunday.

Our NSV of eating all our meals out of Phyllis's unbelievably stocked refrigerator not only kept us from gaining weight this weekend, but also created some wonderful tailgating parties.

One of my take-aways from the weekend is that it is possible to be a tourist without depending on fast food while you are out and about. Yes, it does take some pre-planning and effort; however, the payoff is eating healthier, no guilt from pigging out on bad food, and saving a bunch of money!

namvlq-b88172991z.120140820184428000ge14f8i3.10.jpg
  • Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am measuring and weighing my foods and learning what it means to feel hunger. I usually eat because I like to eat. It seems funny to say that, but it is true. I enjoy reading menus in restaurants like they were a top selling book! It is all pretty funny to me now, but 30 lbs of fat only will increase if I don't change my ways. Anyways, thanks for being here and have a good night.
  • Claud1313
    Options
    I love that, you read menus as if they're a best seller. I tend to do that also as if I'm going to miss out on a good meal.

Happy belated birthday Grandnana.

Wooken, I truly enjoy your quotes. They do a lot to make me smile.

Have a wonderful time in Colorado, Reba.

Happy Trails,

Claudine

PS Haven't mastered this quote thing yet. Nor what everyone else said above, LOL!
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    I love reading cookbooks. Seldom make anything from them, but i love them.
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Today I had a near fatal attack of I don't like this, and I might quit :( I was hungry and didn't like the feeling. Then I was angry, as well as later bored and I didn't like that I couldn't stuff my face. And yet, I got through the emotions and the hunger. I ate an apple and made soup for dinner. Now I feel like I just might understand how people really lose weight - it is not a race, it is not easy, it is between me and my skin. I best keep working on it if I want to lose weight. So hopefully everybody has this type of moment over and over so they can reach their goals. I certainly am committed to at least 3 weeks. I am on Day 7 so 2 more weeks then I will decide whether I want to work on it another 3 weeks. Fingers crossed that I don't give up. Sure felt like it today, but I DIDN'T!
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options

Happy Trails,

Claudine

PS Haven't mastered this quote thing yet. Nor what everyone else said above, LOL!

Just go to the post you want to quote. Hit "Quote" below it. The post will appear in the box. You can edit by removing text that you don't want. Leave the quote and /quote html codes. Scroll down and write your message underneath. Then hit "post reply."
  • cloeyeddie
    cloeyeddie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just go to the post you want to quote. Hit "Quote" below it. The post will appear in the box. You can edit by removing text that you don't want. Leave the quote and /quote html codes. Scroll down and write your message underneath. Then hit "post reply."
    [/quote]

I'm trying this - Thanks for the directions! I've been wondering how to do it.
  • Claud1313
    Options
    Charlie, Thank you for clearing that up for me/us :-)

Smilesback, You are doing really well. You bring a lot to this group, we need you here. Just stay with it.

Happy Trails,

Claudine
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Thank you, ladies, for the birthday wishes. I had a wonderful, but now I need to find my way back to healthy eating and exercising.

Sounds like several of you had fun times--so congratulations! That is what life is about, especially if you can do it without over eating.

Since I got up at 3:30 this morning to take SIL to the airport I haven't had the energy to exercise or make myself eat right. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get back with the program. I gained 5lbs in a very few days and feel every one of them. I think that's all the encouragement I'll need. Wish me luck.
  • grandmothercharlie
    Options
    I took a new progress photo the other day. It is so frustrating this yo-yo I am on. Seem to be losing the same pounds over and over again recently. I know it is water, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating. So, thought the progress photo might make me feel better. It did! First photo was taken about a month after coming to MFP so I had probably lost 10 pounds (actually 18 from my highest). Took the other one yesterday. As you can see, I have plenty of room in my clothes. Just don't want to buy too much. If you are not taking progress photos or measurements, you should. You will see things side-by-side in photos that you do not see day-to-day in the mirror or on the scale.

c2c5b940405d98d0912b13f710161bb7136a.jpg
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Charlie you looks so different. You look g20074.gif. Enjoy your vacation.

I am going through an episode of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". Someone else has invaded my body and gone for 5!!! walks this week including one B4 6am this morning. I am really enjoying the walks and it is so much easier with only one dog.

I have added 2 pounds in the last 3 days and I really hope at least part of it is high sodium from several restaurant meals. I do not usually track sodium as my BP is OK. The next few days will tell.

Last week someone challenged me to the ALS ice bucket challenge and I even put a video of myself in a bathing suit up on FB. Man, is the loose skin ever obvious!

Have a wonderful weekend all.
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Charlie, You are SO FABULOUS LOOKING :blushing: I want to be just like you when I am close to my goal!!

Your such an inspiration :drinker:
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! Love this Charlie - the new improved YOU! :flowerforyou:
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wow Charlie - you look like a different person! Are those cheekbones I see? You look wonderful.
  • jbouthiette
    jbouthiette Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Great transformation Charlie, you look great. Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou: :drinker: :happy: