Introduce Yourself and your Goals

Options
succeedin2
succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
Hi my name is Tahra and I am very excited about our Challenge! I LOVE working out it's my Happy Place that gives me true relaxation! I'm here because we had a bad winter but prior to that I had worked on my AB's and I did not work out the entire winter. Of course I came back needing to tighten up those areas and the end of July I started 30 Day Shred. I'm in the last 6 days and I'm very happy with the results I know 6 Pack AB's is more of a Challenge! I love watching a team come together to create Success! My goals are Amazing AB's, to be more toned and to continue to challenge myself!

PLEASE DON’T FORGET WE ARE DOING MESUREMENTS BY: THIS SUNDAY AUGUST 31, 2014
YOU CAN EITHER POST OR INBOX ME YOUR MEASUREMENTS MAKE SURE YOU USE THE MEASUREMENT GUIDE I HAVE IN ONE OF THE TOPICS

I WILL POST HEALTHY RECIPES EACH WEEK, EXERCISES WE CAN DO IN ADDITION TO STEP IT UP AND IF YOU ARE INTERESTED TO PARTICIPATE, I WILL TEAM YOU UP WITH TWO ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER’S.

Replies

• carolynamador5
    Options
    Thank you for adding me, Tahra. My name is Carolyn. I was involved in an accident in March 2010, and am still limited to what I can do. I'm coming out of a depression that has lasted since then, but no more. Time to get serious. I'm not good with working out anymore but am trying. I've been doing planks, squats and leg lifts but have no idea what cardio exercises I can do. My goal is no longer to look good, but to feel good and live good. I've got grandbabies so I need to stick around. I'm excited to join this group. It's so hard doing it all alone.
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I'm Megan. I worked too much in a very stressful and emotionally exhausting job and didnt take care of myself. I went from being a gym bunny to no exercise what so ever and not surprisingly I got fat!
    I decided I needed to escape and having got a new teaching job at the beginning of the summer, I realised how mentally and physically unhealthy I felt and had been.

SO, having nearly completed the 30 Day Shred Challenge and having found a load of VERY motivated people on here, I need to keep myself motivated and accountable and challenges are fab for that!

I'm back to work next week and DETERMINED to keep up with exercise and put my health first.

A new challenge and a new group = exciting!!!
  • fitb440goal
    fitb440goal Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Kris. My goal is to lose a total of 66 lbs and be healthy and strong by my 40th birthday which is just over a year away. So far I've lost 15 lbs and lots of inches by watching/logging my calories and doing the 30 Day Shred. I'm looking forward to starting 6 Week Six Pack along with the group. Things always get hectic once school starts so I think my biggest challenge is going to be finding the time!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Katie.

I'm excited to try this workout challenge... but also terrified. My core is definitely my weakest spot and you should see me complain after doing a few crunches. But that's why I know I need to work on it. Especially if I hope to have a strong core before having babies (Not that I'm anywhere close to that yet haha - still at least 2 years to go if it goes according to plan)!

I'm not really hoping for inches lost or weight change or anything... just increase strength and stability. Since winter is around the corner (I swear fall has started a week ago even though summer didn't show up until midway through July - stupid winter) I can see myself at least doing this since it doesn't involve going outside! I'll try to do it in the mornings, with Sunday morning as my rest day.

Now the tricky part - sticking with it! I've tried the 30 Day Shred many times (I think the max I've done is 4 days oops). I would love to actually see something through for once! But... how? Ideas?
  • WhiteZuri
    WhiteZuri Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Zuri, and I'd love to loose some waist inches and some body bat... This time last year I I weighted 35 pounds less... and I want to be as healthy as I was, proud of myself.

I have to say I watched first video last night, and I'm terrified I wasn't able to finish all the exercises.
  • Cbanjo
    Cbanjo Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Ronke and l am already doing the workout. Today is my Day 1 of week 2 of Level 1 but l am willing to join the group.

How is it? Well, if you have done Ripped in 30, then for me, it's not as bad as that but definitely harder than 30DS in my opinion which l have also done. The good news is that it does WORK and you will definitely get result right from the first week.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Tiffany. I'm interested in starting this challenge, I have 3 of JM discs: 30 day shred, Ripped in 30, and 6 wks to 6 pack. Sadly, I have not taken the time to commit to completing any of the programs. Working out and losing inches is extremely important to me, not only for the health benefits, but job security. I am in the Navy and have to be within body fat standards. Getting within the actual weight range have always been difficult (160lbs or less), but if I get within the BF% range (33%), I'm okay. That being said, I would like to lose 10 lbs and shred at least 5 inches (waist and thighs combined). 3 years ago, working out was a part of my lifestyle and meant everything to me! Then I ruptured my Achilles tendon, that injury rocked my world! :sad: I have not been able to workout the same since then. After finally being cleared to workout and run again, I learned that I was pregnant with our first child.:happy: 18 months later, I am still struggling to get back on track.
    I'm looking forward to this challenge to keep me committed and motivated. I also going another challenge to run 20 days for the month of September. I believe between the two challenges and watching what I eat, I will definitely come a lot close to achieving my goal! Good luck everyone!
  • skerns7786
    Options
    My name is Shannon. I had my beautiful daughter 4 years ago and I am still struggling to lose the baby weight. I have 40 lbs to lose and I know I can do it!!!!! I am excited about this challenge and I look forward to seeing everyone's progress.
  • 5blood
    5blood Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Linda. I have one trouble zone and that is my upper back. I did Jillian Michael's 30DS and really enjoyed it, the circuits and the energy. So much so that another challenge is on my list. I came across this one in the forums and this will be my fist time doing a Group thing here on myfitnesspal.com. Please excuse me if I "newb" out on here.

I typically eat every and anything and never gave it a thought to actually diet down. If anything i'll go smoothies for breakfast and portion control on the other meals for the day (lunch, snack, dinner). I'm anticipating great results and I know that it depends on me and I am ready for 9/1/2014!

I have a sedentary to lightly active job. I work at a spa that offers Laser Lipo, however, with the customers i'll exercise with them and sometimes get on the treadmill or bycicle for a couple of miles. I am amped to do this with you guys.

Good Luck!
  • kathy6655
    kathy6655 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Kathy. I really want to lose weight and get fit having steadily gained weight over the last ten years or so. I recently became a grandmother to a beautiful girl and I want to be able to enjoy doing stuff with her for years to come.

I have watched the programme and it looks amazing any inch loss would be great and the middle section is my worst area and hardest for me to lose so while abs would be fab I'll be happy with inch loss.

Good luck