Anyone compete ?

Options
spicegeek
spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
Just wondering if anyone here competes if so what event / weight ?

Replies

• HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I compete with myself every evening. Sore all the time. :)
  • spicegeek
    Options
    :) always good to compete with yourself !!
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Late to the party! I just started competing. My first time I saw a competition was the WKC comp in Chicago in 2013. Before I even knew what it was. I was doing hardstyle and had no idea there was a different type of kettlebell lifting. I checked the comp out, and became hooked and learned on my own through Mike Stefano's books on that type of lifting. And then I decided to not just learn and compete, and had Thierry Sanchez write my programming. I competed in an IKFF comp in June and met up with the Chicago Kettlebell Club and became a member and now am part of the team. Love it. My teammates competed in the OKC competition and many are going to Vegas in Sept. I am training for my 2nd comp in Nov in Novi, Michigan. Excited!
  • spicegeek
    Options
    Awesome !! I am sure our paths will cross some time ! what event are you doing ? long cycle or snatch ?
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Longcycle is my main event. But to get myself out of my comfort zone...in Michigan I will be doing the longcycle again which I LOVE. This time with a 16 kg bell( I did my first event with the 12 kg) for 10 min...and for a "fun event" will be doing the 5 min snatch. It's not my favorite...but I want to challenge myself. Who knows. Maybe my 3rd comp I'll do a 10 min snatch! SO far though, practicing the 5 min snatch is actually making me like it more. ( I used to try and avoid practicing it. Can't do that if I have to train for it! So as I get a bit more skilled, I find myself enjoying the days i get to snatch!)