Introductions

Options
asp415
asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
Please tell us a little bit about yourself.

Replies

• Ashtalia
    Ashtalia Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm up for it! My name is Lia and am just getting into exercising regularly again. I think this group is a good motivation to push myself harder and to not fall off the band wagon again. I love to swim and strength train but I think I need to focus more on running. I can't run for anything, haha. I was in decent shape a few years ago but then life sort of got in the way and I'm hoping to get back to that. I really think I can do this challenge and am super happy to start :D Also, I just moved from California to someplace where it snows a lot so if anyone has any tips for exercising outside when it's chilly I'd be so grateful! Looking forward to doing this with everyone!
  • ricki011
    ricki011 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I need motivation, so i'm up for this. I'll try to do as much as i can, but will probably have to modify some of the stuff you young people can do faster & better.
    I'll let y'all know how i modify just in case you have some ideas for me.
    thanks for invite.
    s.
  • milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I dropped out of the last one for personal reasons, but I'm hoping I can make this one work. I'll count all my walking, so that should ease some of the pressure. I don't expect to do any running though, maybe once a week. I had knee surgery a few years ago, and it still gets unhappy with running.

My long-term goal is by Summer 2015, so this fits. I'd like to lost 30-40 pounds by then. I'll be going home for a few months, so I'll get to see my parents for the first time since February, and my brother for the first time in 2 years.

So, who am I? I'm Jess. I live in Russia. I started MFP in April I think and I've lost about 10lbs so far. Not nearly as good as I would like, but it's still something.

I'm a hockey player. I was once in great shape, but lost motivation. Then I moved to Russia and with my work schedule, fell into the habit of fast cheap food and cola as a pick me up.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Rebecca and I'm 35 years old. My ultimate goal is to lose 100 lbs. Over the next nine months, I want to lose 50-75 lbs. I've had a few orthopedic issues over the past few years, so I need to be careful about the exercise I take on. However, I had been overly cautious, even getting a handicap pass (which was reasonable in one sense, but also just made it so much easier to take on a disability lifestyle which is such a trap). I've decided to instead work through some of the pain and get back into my passion, which is dancing. So far so good! I can walk further and faster and dance for longer and my feet have stayed about the same (no better or worse). I'm really excited about pushing myself and finding ways to make the challenges, even if I have to get creative!!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    My name is Lisa & I am 43. I love the thought that in 9 months a new person is born.

My goal is to run 4 times a week & lift heavy the other 3. I don't always do it, but being challenged weekly should do it for me. By next summer I would love to be wearing a size 6/8 so that means I have to lose about 65-75lbs (not sure what heavy lifting is doing to my body underneath the layer of fat).

Can't wait to get started :drinker:
  • ThatsWhatSheSaid101
    Options
    Hi!

In a nutshell I have low-self esteem and am feel like crap. I'm tired of crash dieting and used to be 200 lbs and lost 55 but gained 30 back. I get obsessive about my weight and like this challenge cause it focuses on my physically activity. I look forward to burning thousands of calories with you all!

Kim
  • Buu_kz
    Buu_kz Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My name is Rebecca I'm 27 years old and I have a desk job that demands 50 plus hours a week. Ive been on a weight loss mission since I was 10 years old the first time I stepped on a scale I was 10 years old and I weighed 230 pounds by the time I was 17 years old I weighed in at a shocking 370 pounds I lost over 220 pounds by the time I was 20 years old and kept that weight off for over 6 years. Once I turned 24 my struggled started again it seems that my age started to effect my metabolism and I let myself slip on my strict eating habits and stopped exercising as much before i knew it I had put on some of that weight again. I am trying to get back down to my 155 pound goal and this time I plan on keeping it off permanently.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone calls me zacks.

I just started running 2 months ago and ran my first 5k last week. It was brutal but i finished in 37 minutes.

My goal is to keep running 3 to 5 times a week and doing kettlebell and pushups on non-running days.

I love the goal of 3500 burned per week!
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My name is Tatanisha aka Tat..I'm 37yrs old. I fell off the wagon and gave into the stressors of life. Food is my alcohol and needless to say I drank a lot and gained the 30lbs I once lost plus some... Anywho, I think this challenge is what I need since deciding two weeks ago that I will not allow lifes ups and downs to dictate my health. I look forward to doing what I can do and eventually getting stronger/healthier to do more!!!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi my name Joy I am 43 mum to 3 kids with special needs and work full time as a midwife in the Uk. I love running and lifting weights I think I can do this challenge. I want to lose 30lbs before my holiday next August. I have recent regained the 24 lbs I lost due to ill health and I am refusing to let my condition (fibromyalgia) take control of me. Looking forward to this challenge.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,101 Member
    Options
    This is Jackie, I've been on MFP almost 3 years! I'm currently in maintenance plus training for my first half marathon in Oct! This is my second time in maintenance, 6 months this time!!!!!!! I realized that this isn't a diet it's a life changed! Consistency is the key for me!

I love my morning runs, pop on the headset and go!!!!!! I also love the goal of burning 3500 per week!
  • godsmissiongal
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Audrey and I am 29. I just joined MFP and have been working out 2 times a week since the beginning of August. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2006 and have since lived trapped in a body that I can't stand. I just want to know what it feels like to be healthy again. I also have PCOS which due to hormonal imbalances makes it more difficult to lose weight. I have lost about 3.5 pounds so far but have 90+ more to go. Looking forward to doing this challenge with all of you. Good luck and much health.
  • musicfan4life30
    musicfan4life30 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hi!

i want to eat more healthy everyday

workout for at least 30 minutes a day

only go out to eat once a week

and burn 3,500 calories a week.
  • rockstar53
    rockstar53 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hey there, This challenge looks like a good one for me. I've been working out consistently for the last 5 weeks. I've been off for the summer (work in a school) so its been easy to. I start back at work this week and have been trying to figure out when and how I will find the time consistently to workout. I will take this challenge one day at a time/one week at a time...and figure it out! I am 46, and have a good 50lbs to lose.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    My name is Curt and I love to run. I also need to incorporate some other exercises in order to run faster. I started MFP in order to ensure I was getting a balanced diet. I ended up losing some weight and getting a bit faster. I enjoy competition and I am looking forward to being held accountable. This group seems to provide that as the members must post weekly!! Exciting!!!
  • madube84
    madube84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hey all. My name is Nobu and I am 30 years old. I started a work from home position last month, and I am definitely not moving around as much as I used to. I need to be more aware of my calorie burn and need to put in more calorie time. This challenge would be a great way to work on that.
  • LadyHawk171
    LadyHawk171 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I stumbled upon this challenge as I was trying to better familiarize myself with this site. After a promotion and a lot of additional work hours being added on, I gained 75 pounds. I was already 15 pounds over what I wanted to be. I am 48 years old and a symes amputee (through the ankle). Due to the weight gain, I can no longer fit in my nicer prosthesis and so am wearing an old-crappy one that limits the number of steps I have each day before pain sits me down. This only compounds the weight issue.

This challenge is just what I need to get me back to the gym. I’m unable to run but can certainly use a bike. I attempted to begin modifying my eating/exercising on July 19th but fell off the wagon completely. September 1st is my new “start” date but my gym will be closed for the holiday so I will need to improvise.

I’m really looking forward to this challenge! Good luck everyone!!
  • MonaLisaSmile717
    MonaLisaSmile717 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great Challenge! I am the worst about setting unachievable goals when I want to get started. This is a great way to keep things achievable and consistent! Thanks for setting this up! I also just got a Polar FT7 and am excited about starting to use it more often!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,101 Member
    Options
    I have a question can we include OUR strength training burn too! My goal is to get 3 days of strength training (30 mins per day)
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I have a question can we include OUR strength training burn too! My goal is to get 3 days of strength training (30 mins per day)

Yes, you can count your strength burn.