Clean eating breakfast ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• kyley_ann
    kyley_ann Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Add a tablespoon or so of almond butter to your smoothies! It really helps to keep you feeling full. Also I usually have a snack btwn breakfast and lunch --a handful of almonds, a kind bar, some carrots, a hardboiled egg, yogurt, etc. It keeps me satisfied and prevents overeating at lunch.
  • nashaysimone115
    Options
    If you eat fruit try mixing it as a protein shake for the on the go esp. if u have a bullet or blender
  • Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Core a fresh fall Apple, fill with 2 T. almond butter. Wrap and go. Can prepare night ahead but might get a little brown on edges from oxidation. My kids love this & so do I.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Core a fresh fall Apple, fill with 2 T. almond butter. Wrap and go. Can prepare night ahead but might get a little brown on edges from oxidation. My kids love this & so do I.
    Holy COW that sounds great!
  • mn3stevens
    mn3stevens Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Adding protein powder to your morning smoothie will definitely help keeping you feel full longer. Many times we add the veggies and fruit but leave out the protein. When I'm on the go, I like to make a protein shake with a powder low in sugars like less than 2g. One scoop of protein powder, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 a serving of a fruit of your choice. I also like to add 1 tbls of peanut butter if I decide on banana for my fruit or just decide no fruit at all. As a previous poster suggested...I like to switch things up and not to "traditional" breakfasts and have things like turkey meatloaf with sautéed asparagus with onions (or any veggie to your liking) and adding a half serving of a fruit. My best weeks have been those where I started my days with a lunch or dinner left over. Good luck!
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Holy COW that sounds great!

That does sound great. When the weather gets cool, add cinnamon to the almond butter and bake that apple!
  • curvytattooedprincess
    Options
    I alternate between these breakfasts:

■Banana "pancakes"

2 eggs 1 banana
    Mash together and cook. Amazing! !!!

■Vege omlette

■homenade grain free granola

■green smoothie
  • LexaCat71
    Options
    Just getting back to MFP and trying to shift into clean-eating. Just wanted to say thanks for this thread! It gave me some great ideas for more options for breakfast and snacks.
  • mellyo77
    mellyo77 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    If you add Chia seeds to smoothies they help you feel full. I am not sure if someone mentioned this but they exapand when they are wet. Also I found a recipe where you take a ceramic baking dish and line the bottom with berries of choice, like rasberries and blueberries and bananas. Wash about a cup of steel cut oats and quinoa (or you can just do oats) and lay over the berries and banana. I mix egg whites with some almond milk and vanilla (You can add cinnamon what ever youd like) pour it down the side (so as not to displace everything) and then top with more berries etc... bake it for about 45 min. Its a nice breakfast bake you can cut into squares and eat all week. You can eat it cold or warm with unprocessed honey and milk.

I know you arent a fan of oatmeal, but this tastes pretty good and is super filling.
  • Torontonius
    Torontonius Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I usually have a raw steak (top sirloin is preferable, the fat in strip loin tastes gross raw), 2 raw eggs and a ton of multivitamins. doesn't taste the best but keeps you satiated until lunch.
  • Torontonius
    Torontonius Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Just kidding about the raw steak!

In all seriousness: try the following

1/4 cup raw pumpkin seed kernels
    3/4 cup 0% fat greek yogurt
    1 scoop whey isolate powder
    1/2 cup frozen blueberries

Delicious, packed with protein, healthy fats, fiber, minerals and vitamins, and takes 2 seconds to put together.
  • baltimorebroad
    baltimorebroad Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Delicious, fast and portable. I eat a Van's 8 Whole Grain waffle (they make several varieties including a gluten free) topped with Toffutti vegan cream cheese and pumpkin butter or apple butter from a local farm market. You can do two waffles and eat it like a sandwich. I start work at 7 am and don't get lunch til 1:30, but I can usually take a few minutes to wolf down a greek yogurt, hard boiled egg or a Health Warrior Chia Bar. Coconut is my favorite. Good luck and welcome to the journey to health. I've lost 70 lbs since Feb. 24th :blush:
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Tried this for the first time after seeing someone mention it on MFP. Cut an apple into small chunks. microwave for 1 minute (or bake until apple is semi soft). Mix cooked apple into cottage cheese (as much as desired) add cinnamon, your choice of sweetener (I used cottage cheese with pineapple so I didn't add any sweetener), vanilla, raisins, chopped pecans or walnuts. Put in fridge overnight and eat the next day. The apple and raisins absorb the flavor of the cottage cheese, and it's really yummy.

fzq5y2w8a513.jpg
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Add chia seeds, nut butters or coconut oil to your smoothies and you won't get so hungry.
  • bloodlett
    bloodlett Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    take all the fruit you like add some Greek yogurt some almond milk blend enjoy
  • Quirky_but_nice
    Quirky_but_nice Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Meat pate on wholemeal toast
  • Quirky_but_nice
    Quirky_but_nice Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Smoked fish
  • Pearowl
    Pearowl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like to mix up chia seeds, oat bran, and dry 5 grain oatmeal with flaxseed before heading to bed. In the morning I add a cup of nonfat greek yogurt and a tablespoon of local maple syrup and mix it all together. For those who don't like cooked oats, I would recommend trying oatmeal in this style. The texture is much better! I stay full from all the fiber and get almost half my daily protein.

I would also recommend putting oats in a smoothie with fresh fruit and nonfat greek yogurt. Orange juice, banana, greek yougrt, raspberries, strawberries, and pineapple is my favorite, but any one fruit with oj, banana, and yogurt is great!
  • lchadwick2
    lchadwick2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm a smoothie guy myself. I make a blender full and have half for breakfast and half as a mid-morning snack. Then I make another if I get to work out during lunch and split that for an afternoon snack as well.

1 cup mixed frozen berries
    1 medium banana
    1 scoop protein powder
    1 tbsp. flax seeds or chia seeds
    1 tbsp. coconut oil
    1 golden delicious apple
    1/2 avocado
    1 cup almond milk
    1 cup water
    1 handful of spinach
    1 handful of kale

Again, this makes about 32 ounces and I'll drink half for breakfast and half as a snack.
  • alipedlar
    Options
    Does anyone have a recipe for grain free granola