non weight related goal

Options
I rode my bike 45 miles in recognition of my upcoming 45th birthday. This is the first fitness goal I ever made that did not involve food or weight. I am very satisfied with myself that I was able to train and achieve my goal. :)

Anybody here have a fitness goal that they want to share?

My current goal is just to stay active and do my physical therapy exercises. (I have a hip bursitis and strength loss in one leg) Luckily I am able to continue biking, but walking or anything weight bearing has to be kept at a minimum for now.

Replies

• swissmardi
    swissmardi Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have to be so SOOO careful with goals that they don’t become obsession… I am trying to make an action plan and do it on a 24 hour basis and that is where my exercise goes - one 40-60 minute walk a day. I’d love to get on there 20 minutes of yoga and 20 of tai chi, too.
  • blackthrux
    blackthrux Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be able to run 2 miles in 13:50 or less. Kind of a weird time goal, but that would be slightly faster than I was able to run 2 miles while in the military, and I SO want to beat that target.
  • ILoveMyHotFatBody
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I'm Jenn. New to the group and to OA. :)

I have a fairly physical job and a recent goal of mine was to double the amount of work I do, just to see if I could. I could. And it felt fantastic. :)
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I'm Jenn. New to the group and to OA. :)

I have a fairly physical job and a recent goal of mine was to double the amount of work I do, just to see if I could. I could. And it felt fantastic. :)

WTG, that's awesome, welcome to the group!!

Btw, I love the name!!
  • ILoveMyHotFatBody
    Options
    Grok--

Thanks! XD
  • MichelleOnWheels
    MichelleOnWheels Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Going to ride 30 miles today. Woke up not feeling strong. I will stop early if I need to. I have nothing to prove, and want to keep this fun and safe.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Going to ride 30 miles today. Woke up not feeling strong. I will stop early if I need to. I have nothing to prove, and want to keep this fun and safe.

Sounds like a great ride!!
  • MichelleOnWheels
    Options
    I have a new goal to get to the top of a certain hill in my city. So far I can do half. My goal is to ride to the top by Halloween. Also I think I am making some headway in finding a group of local ladies to ride with. I'm a slow rider, beach cruiser type of bike rider. The spandex ladies are too fast for me. But I'm beginning to have some luck making connections with others like myself. I have to thank OA for teaching me to look for similarities.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    My next goal is to jog/run a 10k :) I have two more 5k's first, after that I'm doin the 10k
  • MichelleOnWheels
    Options
    YaY! I hope you get a medal for it too.
  • SMK683
    SMK683 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My goal is to walk/hike 60 minutes a day. I'm going with my son's scout troop to hike Glacier National Park next summer and I want to be in shape. I'm getting close to 60 minutes of walking a day and have started adding hiking this past week.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Great goals! I guess mine would be to run a 5K without walking! I haven't signed up for anything yet, but you all are motivating me to strive for something great!
  • MichelleOnWheels
    Options
    Did a couple of workouts up a smaller hill, practicing for the big hill. I think I will try the big hill again this weekend and see how far I get. Last time I got half way up.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Did a couple of workouts up a smaller hill, practicing for the big hill. I think I will try the big hill again this weekend and see how far I get. Last time I got half way up.

Michelle, sounds like a great challenge, I bet you go further!!