How do you satisfy your sweet tooth?

Options
Hi there, I am sticking to 1200-1300 calories per day, but I am a dessertaholic :blushing: and I must find a solution at least for breakfast..
Do you have any sweet under-250 calories breakfast recipe which can really cheat my brain and make it think I am having a dessert? Anything like muffins, pastries or cakes would be greatly appreciated :love:

Replies

• rosiemaji
    rosiemaji Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Do you like Greek Yogurt? When I feel in the mood for a dessert, I measure out 1/2 cup of non-fat Greek Yogurt (or use the low-fat kind if you like), 1/2 cup of some kind of fresh or frozen berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries or strawberries) and a packet of stevia. I mix it all together, letting the berries thaw out if they are frozen and then eat it up. It is less than 100 calories. I really feel like am having dessert. Greek yogurt is high in protein and calcium and low in carbs. Many times I will add some Greek yogurt to my eating plan when I have not eaten enough calories and/ot I need more protein to round out my goals for the day.
  • mariagaro1986
    mariagaro1986 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi rosiemaji, thanks for your message! I really like greek yogurt and I often have it for breakfast with some muesli or fruit..but this still "smells" like diet to me :ohwell: I would really love to have something baked in the morning..I think that not feeling deprived would help me to stick to an healthy regime longer
  • sleepyyy
    sleepyyy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Japanese sweet potatos! They're sweeter and smaller than the orange ones (yams?) you find in the american markets. I buy organic ones, wash and scrub them clean, prick each one a few times with a fork then roast it in the oven at 300 degrees for about 25-30 mins? (depending on the size, careful not to over roast or else it'll dry up, you can prick them with a fork, if it goes through its ready) SO GOOD. They're perfect just like that for me, although some people put cinnamon, butter, etc on them :) I think they're roughly 140 cals.

Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread- 80 cals per slice + cinnamon, a little butter, brown sugar on top + another 30 cals?

Watermelon- 2 cups>100 cals

Frozen grapes- 15= 100 cals? Like mini popsicles :)

Peel 2 bananas, slice it up and freeze it!! Blend them. Like banana ice cream- 160 cals

Key to any satisfying fruit as dessert is to make sure it's super ripe!! Otherwise its not really satisfying.
  • mariagaro1986
    mariagaro1986 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    wow, lots of suggestions sleepyyy, thanks! I am very curious to try the banana ice cream and the frozen grapes :-)
  • robinkay2
    robinkay2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love making these banana breakfast cookies...
    http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2013/09/2-ingredient-healthy-banana-bread-breakfast-cookies-with-delicious-add-ins/
    2 mashed bananas, add oats...plus anyother add ins-i like mini choc chips, or cranberries @ walnuts
    yummy, and she says theyre about 60calories each so you could have 5!!

Also, I find smoothies filling, sweet, I add some protein powder to keep blood sugar from spiking, and go easy on adding juice.
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Banana icecream :) blended frozen banana with a lil unsweetened almond milk and cinnamon

and my absolute favorite

granny smith apple and peanut butter :love: