Stricture?

Options
I have suddenly noticed I can eat a lot less food (i had RNY) compared with even a week ago. (Keep in mind I am only allowed 1/2 a cup a meal). Could I be experiencing stricture? Why is food suddenly making me full after just a few bites? Do I tell my surgeon? I am okay with yogurt but I can't even get to my veggies after my 2 ounces of meat at dinner because I can't even eat the 2 ounces of meat.......

Replies

• JfMarrs
    JfMarrs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    When in doubt always call your doctor. That's what you pay him for. Hope your problem goes away quickly.
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Check with your MD.

That being said, it doesn't sound too abnormal to me. I usually can't eat the veggies after I get the protein in. Some solid protein fills me up more than other protein. Pork is the hardest, due to the texture I think (chewy, tends to be drier). It may be what you are eating. Do you have a problem when you eat moist ground meats? When I transitioned to solids after mush, I started by adding in ground chicken breast. It is still the meat that I can eat the most of, ounce for ounce. Also, canned tuna or hard boiled eggs chopped fine with a little fat free mayo and fat free sour cream does the trick.

When did you have surgery and start solids?
  • grace20072010
    Options
    My surgery was June 11th and my doctor had me start solids in the 4th week. I have not had any problems tolerating anything. All meats, even tough meat, go down fine.....I just can't eat very much suddenly....
  • Mysstwalker
    Mysstwalker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Very little food would be going down and through at all with a stricture. I have had 3, last one was 3 weeks ago and I am 6.5 years out. Best bet, contact your doctor to see what is up.