NSV Goal by Christmas

Options

Replies

• sbox11
    sbox11 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    To not have fat face Christmas cards like last year!
  • cnadiger
    cnadiger Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    POSITIVE comments from my family, who typically like to spend christmas making me feel like a whale >:[

you took the words right out of my mouth

^^THIS! My mom has had weight issues her whole life, but she feels it's OK to mention how much weight I've gained and slowly shake her head. I won't see them again until Christmas so I want to surprise them and then have to take back any clothes they bought me for smaller sizes... :laugh:
  • walker306
    walker306 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Make progress on losing my belly fat! I hate it!!!!!
  • mostluckieduckie
    Options
    My husbands school has a Christmas banquet every year. I want to have a good excuse to buy a new, sexy dress!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    To weigh less than my husband.. but that kind of involves a scale and isn't really a non-scale victory.
  • shirleycatt
    shirleycatt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I want to look great in our family pictures. Usually I am hiding in the back... This time I want to be front and center!!!!!!!!!
  • conetah24
    conetah24 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have 2 goals and thankfully I of them was realized this weekend already.

1) I agree with people not recognizing you being an awesome motivator but I had a slightly different take when that actually happened this weekend while in the city doing some labor day sale shopping. I was walking through the outdoor mall with my best friend when my wife and his wife rejoined us. When we got a minute alone together she told me that she felt silly because she didn't even recognize me in the crowd because I looked so different. She said she recognized my friend because he has looked to same since she has known him but was used to looking for a bigger sized guy. Definitely made my weekend. When someone who you are around everyday notices, it feels like a double win.

2) Just to be able to play sports like I used when I was in high school and college without my weight holding me back. My town always holds a Holiday Classic Basketball tournament right before Christmas and I want to be able to feel good about keeping up with guys 1/3 my age.
  • cycletrak1
    cycletrak1 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I would like to have the energy to do another Triathlon like I did in 2012 (weighed 185 at that point and had been going to the gym EVERY morning for 45 min to 1 hour). Then I had a workout buddy, but not anymore. Now I have you all as workout buddies!

Aiming to feel good enough and have enough energy for the next Triathlon which is in June 2015, because right now I have NONE.

:flowerforyou:
  • Christinab650
    Options
    To feel comfortable in my clothes!
  • Clothwright
    Options
    My goals are

1) I want to be able to fit in my favorite clothes again without them feeling tight
    2) I want to sew new clothes without having to fit and cut a bigger size.

I love to sew and I love clothes but I've held off on making any clothes for a while because I don't want to face my heavy-self measurements. I want to get back to where I was so I can feel good about making things for my body again.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    To have progressed enough to see a difference and maintain motivation.
  • savingsunday
    savingsunday Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    To feel comfortable in my clothes!

Same! And to just be healthier. :)
  • nsides0427
    nsides0427 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I want to lose enough weight in my face that I am not ashamed to take photos around christmas. I don't want to feel like I need to hide behind someone to get my picture taken!
  • providentialfoodie
    Options
    I want to be able to fit into my clothes again without them fitting like a second skin. I would also like to feel healthy. .
  • Feeling healthy, improving my arm and core strength, and looking awesome in a new dress at some celebrations next year!
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I want to look good on my cruise! We are going the week before Christmas. Added bonus will be my aunt noticing I lost weight. She always seems to notice when I gain. Grrrrr
  • jacqui2494
    jacqui2494 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think I'm at the point of settling for just not putting on any more weight. Every attempt I make I end up 3 kgs heavier after trying to lose it. One has to count other blessings in life at these times :cry:
  • arrielle10
    Options
    I want a breast reduction,(medically necessary, back pain) and if I do it in this calender year, it would be zero out of pocket cost (I've already meet my deductible) however, I won't do it until I am closer to my goal weight in case the girls shrink drastically on their own.

My NSV is to be able to get the breast reduction done in December.
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Not absolutely hate the pictures taken at Christmas with the family.
  • ThinVee
    ThinVee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    To feel comfortable enough to take family Christmas pictures.

Me too! I don't want to to have to hide behind the tree .. lol!