Like Minded Lushes - September 2014

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I think I remember your Bday being around Labor Day last year Kate...enjoy your burger and drinks! :drinker:

I had wine last night, as expected. I ordered new dining room chairs that came yesterday and we celebrated with a nice family dinner at the table...cooked my famous pasta and meatballs and sausages....so red wine was mandatory.
    It's almost the weekend!

How lovely Syd!!!! And yup I'm a labor day baby...I used to hate it cause people always celebrated with labor day bbqs and not my bday BUT my wonderful Lenny makes sure the whole weekend is dedicated to me :bigsmile: :heart: :heart:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    hold on to your hats, I had a zero last night. I had my labs on Saturday and my numbers are about the same as last year, not good but I am not dead yet. however, I did my testing after a night of Washington Red Apple bliss and my liver function tests were slightly elevated. I have to be good for a while and have them redone at the end of the month. :noway: Football really starts tonight. So I will say Go Hawks but of course you all know my heart really belongs to Denver. I may enjoy a cider tonight. after all it is the start of football season and I will try to celebrate with moderation.

I hope you all have a great day.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Football really starts tonight. So I will say Go Hawks but of course you all know my heart really belongs to Denver. I may enjoy a cider tonight. after all it is the start of football season and I will try to celebrate with moderation.

Wooo to football starting :drinker: :happy: Boooooo to you going against my Packers.

I've been waiting for the start of football for what seems like forever and my Packers are opening the season :smile: there will be drinks :drinker:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    Football really starts tonight. So I will say Go Hawks but of course you all know my heart really belongs to Denver. I may enjoy a cider tonight. after all it is the start of football season and I will try to celebrate with moderation.

Wooo to football starting :drinker: :happy: Boooooo to you going against my Packers.

I've been waiting for the start of football for what seems like forever and my Packers are opening the season :smile: there will be drinks :drinker:

Just as I was reading this my son comes in and asks what team I am picking tonight...he is a huge Packers fan! Of course I said Seattle and he muttered something under his breath, lovingly of course :wink:

Soooo glad football is starting and even gladder (yeah it is really a word in my dictionary) that summer is almost over...summers in Georgia are blech!!!

Drinking almost every day and I don't see things changing soon :drinker:
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    So excited that football starts tonight!!! I really hope the Packers win, although I do have ONE Seattle player on my Fantasy Football team...I hope he at least earns me some good points!

No drinking for me tonight, I don't think. That could certainly change between now and 5:00! :tongue: Trying to be a good girl..and make a nice homemade dinner. I've decided instead of going to the Y, I'm going to the store...then doing yoga at home. I did a good workout last night though! So, I don't feel too guilty :wink:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Sorry Kat and Briget. I do like the Packers but I am glad the Seahawks won. I didn't see the game. I felt like crap and went to bed at 6:30. I was ambushed at work and told that my attitude is too inconsistent. I am happy some days and grumpy others. I must be consistent. So I have decided to be consistently pissed off. I am still so angry with the two managers that tricked me into a meeting on a pretense and then slammed me. So being pissed off is easy today.. It will be harder to pull off when I am actually in a good mood. I had one small lemonade and vodka at the beginning of the hawks game and it made me feel so yucky I went to bed.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Boo Robin!!!! That sucks...I don't get it...if you show up and do your job why do they care if your in a bad mood....as long as you aren't snapping at people and being hostile...MIND YOUR BUSINESS!!! :heart:

1 margarita and 1 long island last night.
    Tonight????

SIL and family are coming up for an afternoon visit tomorrow....so much cleaning needs to take place tonight and tomorrow morning. I will have SEVERAL beers tomorrow.
    Sunday-we are bottling a cyser (mead/cider hydrid) and our pumpkin beer so drinks, I'm sure!!!

Happy friday everyone!!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Half a bottle of yummy cab last night and will probably finish the other half tonight.

Robin- I am with ya on the crappy work environment right now. Leave me alone and let me do my job!! and you do yours!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Robin that sucks they ambushed you like that. Work sucks.

Had 2 glasses of wine and a whiskey/d coke last night. Over several hours so I feel good this morning and I had a good workout yesterday.

Looking forward to a quiet weekend....we leave again late next week for a quick getaway so just hanging around the house for a few.days getting some things done.
    TGIF everyone! :drinker:
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Robin that is terrible! What kind of people do that? I don't understand either, how can they seriously tell you that your mood is "too inconsistent". That doesn't even make sense! Plus, hello...we're women, it's our life to have inconsistent moods :laugh: But nonetheless, I'm so sorry they ambushed you like that. I would be so angry.

I'm actually glad the Seahawks did so well. I got some decent points on my Fantasy Football team thanks to them :bigsmile:

I really wanted wine last night, but I resisted the urge! I was very proud of myself. But tonight, I will reward myself. I love Fridays!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Luckily it was only the first game and we have all season to work on things... Doesn't mean I wasn't still pissed though :angry:

Going to Gramma's today where I'm sure there will be wine. Not sure what husband and I are doing for dinner but I'm sure there will be drinks.

Happy Friday :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Off on my annual campout in the Mt Adams wilderness with my high school buddies. I believe it will be our 17th year in a row that we have done this. Back on Thursday, so, you all have a great week!

PS- will not be moderating but I am used to that. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Behave yourself, Gary!!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Hey everyone!!! Hope you all had a great weekend!!!
    Friday-1 shot, 1 tropcial punch vodka and sprite zero, 1 beer
    Saturday-LOTS...vodka and beer
    Sunday-0 :noway: First sunday in I don't know how long!!

Feeling good today. No drinks planned today or tomorrow. Wednesday we are going to dinner to celebrate my gf nursing school graduation. And friday we are going to happy hour. So here is my plan for the week....
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-2 glasses of wine
    Thursday-0
    Friday-3 or 4 beers

Enjoy your day!!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Friday- some wine
    Saturday- Lots of wine at the wedding
    Sunday- couple beers during the game, a couple vodka drinks, and some wine
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Hello Lushes! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!!

Friday - lots of beer...Orange Shandy is back on the shelves...and it's my fave. That & Oktoberfest! YUM!
    Saturday - 3-4 beers, 1 glass of wine
    Sunday - 0...although I should've drank....

My KC Chiefs lost yesterday. I'm afraid they have a long, hard season ahead of them. They certainly need to step up their game...maybe next week will be better.

Happy Monday all.
  • rjadams
    Options
    two words

Jury Duty
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I have jury duty Sept. 22! Day after Riot Fest is over...

Just got pack from the Poconos and it was lushy, open bar, rehearsal dinner and wedding, then airport yesterday-we were early and football was on, so...:drinker:

This week going to try to get back on track, but more "maintenance mode" until Nov. 1 then I have to get ready for Aruba at Thanksgiving!:bigsmile:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sat - 6 beers
    Sun - 7 beers
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Amy-Aruba at thanksgiving sounds lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin-Jury Duty BOOO...I have been summoned a few times but it always gets cancelled...lucky me, good luck!!!

Sunday-0
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0

Just found out the restaurant we are going to tomorrow night is a BYO, so that is good. I will bring one bottle of wine that Len and I can split and hopefully shut it down when we get home :happy: