Post your goals for the month of September here!

Options
fitmomapn
fitmomapn Posts: 14 Member
My September goals are to lose more than 5 pounds, workout six days a week and run a mile a day so 30 miles this month, make healthy food choices and track daily in MFP, even if I go over. Allow myself one cheat meal a week. (not a cheat meal a day..... not a cheat meal weekend), drink more than 8 glasses of water a day and feel stronger and healthier.

Replies

• JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My September goal is to lose at least six pounds and to ride my stationary bike for 30 minutes at least 5 times a week at a level 2 resistance at or above 17 MPH for the entire 30 minutes.
  • oshmom
    oshmom Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Less wine + more movement = looser jeans?
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    My September goal is to lose 5 lbs. at minimum and to make better choices while eating out.
    Also, I want to make sure I'm staying under my weekly calorie allotment because daily gets so wishy washy with a little one and a full-time Corporate-level job (lunches, etc.).

GO US! We can do it!
  • k_perlinger
    k_perlinger Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My September goal is to lose a minimum of 5 lbs. I don't really have an exercise goal because I'm currently in training for two half marathons - 9/21 and 10/19. Apparently I've used that as an excuse to eat anything and everything in sight. I'm starting to think the extra 5-10 lbs is impacting my running.
  • amina429
    amina429 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My September goal is to lose 6 lbs.
  • sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have one goal: 100 miles walked. It's not really a ton, but it's a reachable goal. I wear a fitbit so I know the distance I walk every day.
  • drigau
    drigau Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 15 pounds by thanksgiving!
  • yl639129
    yl639129 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My september goal is to loose 4lbs! I am so close to my goal weight of 125lbs having started at 138lbs, and this type of group motivation mentality is EXACTLY what I need to kick me back into high gear after the summer! I would LOVE to hit goal by thanksgiving as I'm going on a vacation to Whistler that week.

Just one clarification: Which thanksgiving are we talking about? I am in Canada and we celebrate October 13th this year, but I know the states has a different day?

Cheers everyone and GOOD LUCK!!!
  • AmeliasHotMom
    Options
    I had a baby August 20th so I won't get the okay to workout until October. 1st , still with breastfeeding and walks I hope to lose 4-6 pounds this month.

I would love to drop 20 pounds by Thanksgiving and look awesome in some family photos!
  • tinallen863
    tinallen863 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My goal is 4 pounds for this month. Since I only have 5 left to lose (lost 12 so far) progress has slowed to less than half pound per week. It would be nice to have a 2 or 3 pound safety net for the holidays! :wink:
  • mcwalker1126
    Options
    My September goal is to lose a minimum of 5 lbs. I don't really have an exercise goal because I'm currently in training for two half marathons - 9/21 and 10/19. Apparently I've used that as an excuse to eat anything and everything in sight. I'm starting to think the extra 5-10 lbs is impacting my running.

My sister and I ran a half marathon 2 years ago and experienced the same thing. Try to get the nutrition you need for running, but lay off the "I ran 6 miles today so I can eat anything" food. You can do it!
  • Needachange84
    Needachange84 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    just found the group and wanted to join! :) Hi everyone!! My goal is to lose 7 lbs for the month. Good luck with your goals everyone!
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My goal for September is to lose 8 lbs.

CW: 213.2 lbs
    GW: 173 lbs
  • MutedBeagle
    Options
    Hi all! This group is exactly the sort of thing that I've been looking for. I'm super excited to join! I'm trying to lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving.

My goal for September is to start my new healthy eating/weight loss habits:

I'm going to plan my day's (healthy) meals the night before.
    I'm going to have one cheat meal a week. They're going to be on Thursday nights, so that Thanksgiving can be a cheat :)
    I'm going to weigh myself once a week on Fridays to start the new post cheat-meal week.
  • amirakabira
    amirakabira Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    September Goals:
    lose 5 lbs
    keep carbs under 100 gms/day
    Run at least 28 miles
    bike at least 200 miles
    swim at least 6 miles
    The swimming will be the toughest hurdle as I have yet to get in the pool this month. Not my strong suit.

Lose 15 lbs by Thanksgiving
    Learn to not hate swimming.
  • MutedBeagle
    Options
    Learn to not hate swimming.

My goal is to learn to swim :/
  • CheshireRN
    Options
    Just began logging (again...) and am REALLY excited for motivation and accountability!

My husband is too sweet to tell me to lay off the treats & wine (and he takes me out for yummy meals, calls me beautiful, cuddles me, loves me... I am spoiled to have such an amazing man and I feel that he deserves to have me at my best. My happiest. My healthiest. Oh yeah, and my hottest would be nice too!!) - Sooooo, MY goals for September are:

1.) Gather a support group of like-minded, motivated individuals
    2.) Check in with this group of individuals on a regular (prefer DAILY!) basis
    3.) Log Log Log
    4.) NO CHEAT DAYS - seriously, I am NOT a moderator. I must be an 'abstainer' ... once I cheat it is ALL over (read: bottle of red wine, cheese/salami, chips/salsa, buttery salted popcorn, a pint of chocolate peanut butter ice cream ... I can pack it in once I get going)
    5.) Continue drinking 3L of water each day (my strong suit!! WATER!!)
    6.) Lose weight - I don't even have a solid # in mind... I have done Slimgenics (uhhhhh, three times ... how embarrassing), so I have done the 3-5# loss/wk and I know darn good and we'll that it is not the #, it is the PERSEVERANCE ...

Whew... A daunting task.

Please be firm!

I am 4'11"; 42yr old RN weighing in today at (gulp!!) 182.4# 《
    my heaviest in 18yrs. Was down around 127-135# from 2008-2011 and I would sure LOVE to be that happy, healthy, confident, outdoorsy girlie-girl again...

Thx!!
  • krislott
    krislott Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I recommitted to my weight loss over Labor Day weekend, and this group is just what I need to help keep me motivated.

I'm planning on going to Europe with my daughter next summer and need to lose a significant amount of weight and get in shape before then so I can keep up with her and the group going. Participating in groups like this will help me stay on track over the next year, so thank you for starting this group.

My goals for September are to remove pop from my diet; lose 10lbs; check-in daily and log everything I eat; and develop an exercise habit.

Good luck to everyone with their goals! I know we can do this!
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    My goal for September is to try and lose at least 5 pounds. I am trying to fit working out better into my daily routine now that my oldest child is back in school.
  • CheshireRN
    Options
    My goal for September is to try and lose at least 5 pounds. I am trying to fit working out better into my daily routine now that my oldest child is back in school.

Do u have a plan for exercising? What r ur favorite work outs?