Options

Replies

• tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Gained 4 more lbs. Ready to give up.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Gained 5--small reduction to 2500-2600 calories for a week or until that number comes down.
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    5'2"/5'3"
    PP baby #3: 135
    Day of Delivery: 157.0 (22 lb weight gain)
    Evening I came home from hospital: 148.8
    4 weeks: 142.6
    8 weeks: 139.4
    12 weeks: 135.8
    16 weeks: 132.4

I can't believe she's 16 weeks old! Holy Crap!
  • spunkychelsea
    Options
    Gained 4 more lbs. Ready to give up.

Don't give up! Can you make a small change that might lead to bigger ones?

For me it's cutting out soda with calories. (I drink one soda a day and it's either a full calorie pepsi or a diet sunkist for the caffeine.)

Remember, slow and steady wins the race. I know I had a lot of trouble after my first losing weight. I lost my baby weight pretty fast (but I was still overweight) and stayed at that weight for 9 months until I joined a gym. Until then just watching what I ate didn't really work. Of course, that's also when he started eating solids (he REFUSED, I thought I was going to nurse him forever because he wouldn't eat foods). Don't beat yourself up. Gaining 4 lbs can be a bad weekend for me (or a good one with lots of food, hahah)!

Try a few small changes and be nice to yourself, give it some time and see if it works or not.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    5'2"/5'3"
    PP baby #3: 135
    Day of Delivery: 157.0 (22 lb weight gain)
    Evening I came home from hospital: 148.8
    4 weeks: 142.6
    8 weeks: 139.4
    12 weeks: 135.8
    16 weeks: 132.4

I can't believe she's 16 weeks old! Holy Crap!
    Congrats on getting below PP weight!
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Wow! Some of you all make me feel horrible. I gained about 75 lbs during pregnancy. :( I was sick pretty much the entire time either with all day sickness or catching every sickness going around... Anyways I've lost about 20 lbs of that and have stayed there. My baby boy is a little over 4 months old now. I feel like losing weight is much more difficult now between breastfeeding and the limited amount of time I have. I work full time as well. But I am trying more and more to watch what I'm eating, and am trying to get back to exercising like I used to.
  • spunkychelsea
    Options
    Congrats on getting below PP weight!

Thank you! 7 more pounds to go!
  • stringbeann
    Options
    5 ft 7"
    Pre Preg 122
    Day of Delivery: 147.0 25 lb weight gain
    Current Weight: 119.0 - 28 lbs weight loss!
    Goal is 112, 7 lbs left. I plan to have this lost by my anniversary nov 24.
    When I got home from the hospital I weighed 138.0. I was so disappointed, but had an IV in for 4 days and was very swollen!
    At 1 week pp i was 130.0
    At 2 weeks pp i was 125.0
    At 4 weeks pp I was 122.0
    I am now 7 weeks post partum (tomorrow)
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    So far I've lost 40 of the 49 I gained. Baby is 2 weeks shy of 3 months old:)
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    5 ft 7"
    Pre Preg 122
    When I got home from the hospital I weighed 138.0. I was so disappointed, but had an IV in for 4 days and was very swollen!
    At 1 week pp i was 130.0
    isn't 112 pounds quite underweight for your height?
  • seidel1325
    seidel1325 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Pre-pregnancy weight: 134.0
    Height: 5'6.5"
    Delivery Weight (7/8): 159.6 (+25.6)
    Day 10 postpartum (7/18): 141.6
    5 weeks postpartum (8/12): 141.6
    10 weeks postpartum (9/16): 139.6

...this is SO SLOW, but it's still progress
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I decided I am throwing my scale away!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Just curious at why you weigh in every day...at least for the vast majority of people it seems to cause more mental distress than it's worth.

I'm not sure? Habit now. When I was pregnant it was because I didn't like being surprised after a week of gaining like 3 lbs, at least daily it wouldn't seem as big of a jump.

I weigh in every day. I tried doing the once a week thing and hated it. I feel like it keeps me on my game, plus I don't let upward fluctuations bother me. I was up 1.6 lbs today compared to yesterday. I didn't stress, nor was I particularly disappointed. It's just how it goes.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Wow! Some of you all make me feel horrible. I gained about 75 lbs during pregnancy. :( I was sick pretty much the entire time either with all day sickness or catching every sickness going around... Anyways I've lost about 20 lbs of that and have stayed there. My baby boy is a little over 4 months old now. I feel like losing weight is much more difficult now between breastfeeding and the limited amount of time I have. I work full time as well. But I am trying more and more to watch what I'm eating, and am trying to get back to exercising like I used to.

Don't feel bad! I gained a lot with both pregnancies. I think some of us are just made to gain like crazy while pregnant, and sometimes circumstances exacerbate the situation.

You'll see my update post in a minute! I just have to find my last one to reply to...
  • RBXChas
    Options
    5 ft 7"
    Pre Preg 122
    At 1 week pp i was 130.0
    isn't 112 pounds quite underweight for your height?

I thought the same thing. I'm not trying to rag on anyone, but eek, that's a bit worrisome.

At 5'7":

112 = BMI of 17.5
    118 = BMI of 18.5, which is the very bottom of the healthy range

I don't believe BMI tells the whole story with every person, but typically it falters when you have someone showing up as overweight when, say, they're not fat but very muscular, not the other way around.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Sorry that was so long/explanatory.

TL;DR version:

Pre-preg low: 154

Pre-preg weight: 160-165/170 somewhere

Before delivery at 39+ weeks: 240 (!)

A couple of weeks postpartum: 220

After a year of struggle due to BFing: 211.2

Last weigh-in at a hair before 13 months postpartum: 202.6

^This was my last post.

Just updating, it's 3 days before my younger guy's 14-month birthday and 5 days from the two-month mark of starting to log/try to lose again, and I'm down to 199.2. I started working out hard (Spinning) again on the weekends, and I had a two-week stall on the scale, which makes my numbers for the month look sort of pathetic (3.4 lbs lost). However the scale is going down, my body is changing, and I'm getting my sweat on :)

^This was my last post.

Updating again, yesterday was my younger guy's 16-month birthday (so about two months since I last posted), and I'm at 190 even. I'm losing a little less than 5 lbs/month. I think I can manage a little better with my workouts, but I'm having a tough time finding the energy during the week, plus I need to stop buying wine. Actually, my husband does. He buys it, and then I figure a small glass here and there won't hurt. As soon as I ditch the wine, the scale starts moving again. So not worth it!
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Gained 31 lbs with the pregnancy.
    1st weigh in after delivery: 136.6 lbs
    CW: 118 lbs
    4 lbs to prepregnancy wt at 30 wks postpartum, still losing inches
    averaging about 2509 calories a day gross
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    11 wks pp lost 11.5 kilos(25 pounds still 15kg (33 pounds to go :( blah ....
  • Jess11Gold
    Jess11Gold Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am currently 36 weeks and have gained back almost all the weight that I lost (63 lbs). I have having a hard time with this! Tears. Please feel free to add me, I am in need of active friends who share this journey!
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I can finally join this thread!

Height: 5'9"
    Pre-Pregnancy weight: 138.5 lbs
    In labour at 40w2d: 187 lbs
    Total Gain: 48.5 lbs (eek!)
    1 week Post Partum: 173.5 lbs (-13.5 lbs)

I gained 36 lbs during my last pregnancy and it took until 6.5 months PP to lose it all (physically I didn't do much the first 2 months because of a bad tear). Had another bad tear this time around, so expecting the return to physical activity and weight loss to take about the same amount of time or a bit longer. Currently 10 days PP and tempted to get on the scale every day but I know it will drive me nuts if the number goes down slowly. I'm going to try to limit myself to only weighing in once a week.