Motivation and Accountability Thread Sept 8-14/2014

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
Hello everyone!! What are your goals this week? Please check in and let us know how you are doing!!!

This week I will continue with last weeks goals of sleeping and eating on a proper schedule....I did not too bad last week, just struggling a bit with eating breakfast. Also with logging - minus today since I am going to be gone from right after I post this until bedtime.....

This week I am going to add exercise again.....I am going to try and get to the gym Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday......

Replies

• EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I hit a wall last week, but today's the beginning of a new one and I'm happy to be back in routine!

I attended the CCMAs (Canadian Country Music Awards) last weekend and drank (which I NEVER do) and ate like crap just came naturally after the drinking, lol! I still lost when stepping on the scale this morning for my weekly weigh-in, but not half as much as I should have...

Also, last Thursday I had a loss in my family when my papa (grandpa) passed away. So, between the funeral, family and my crazy weekend I pretty much fudged up that week as a whole! Today it SNOWED in Calgary and I have been walking outside as my exercise.. Looks like I'm going to have to re-think that decision and get my butt back to the gym!

So, goals for this week:
    1. Gym and/or start 30DS (again, lol) if it's not walking weather
    2. Meal plans
    3. 8 hours sleep every night
  • Ceratopsy
    Ceratopsy Posts: 2,100 Member
    Options

Also, last Thursday I had a loss in my family when my papa (grandpa) passed away. So, between the funeral, family and my crazy weekend I pretty much fudged up that week as a whole!

I'm sorry for your loss. Thats the kind of thing that sends my inner stress eater straight to the fridge so I'm glad you are bouncing back :)

I was not able to workout last week due to injury and am still working through recovery. This week I want to ease back into it, but I am just waiting for my inevitible frustration with feeling sluggish and not being totally up to it. Also I have been losing weight but so far MFP had not been updating my calorie goal. Last night I toggled my activity level and when I put it back to sedentary it woke up and took me from 1890 down to 1740 so I'm having a little aniexty over my eating this week. SO my goals.

Stick to my calories, Walk once every day, elliptical every day, stop if I feel pain without feeling bad about it, and be in bed by 9 everynight.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to read about your Papa passing.

My goals this week: Curves 4 times; 10,000 steps a day; meditation twice a day; replace candy nibbling with healthy snacks at work.

Have a successful healthy week everyone!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Sorry about your papa!! :heart:

Tonight is a late night for me, its bedtime and I am just getting home....looking forward to hitting the gym tomorrow!!
  • dlcshow
    dlcshow Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Do two adays and 8 glasses of water daily..
  • EmotionalEater84
    Options
    Bed just in the nick of time! May alarm goes off in 8 hours and 4 minutes from now. Night, gang ;)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I didnt go to sleep until almost 1am because I got in so late....I have OCD and it takes me a long time after being stimulated to wind down enough to sleep...I can't even take phone calls in the last few hours before bed.....on the plus side, I still got up at 6:45 and feel ok...so I guess it will be an early night tonight.....just gotta resist the nap!!
  • Ceratopsy
    Options
    Ok Mid week check in:

- I have been pretty good on my Cals
    - I have walked at least 15 mins each day
    - I haven't used the elliptical and thats okay : )
    - In bed by 9pm each night

how is everyone else's week going?
  • EmotionalEater84
    Options
    Yesterday was a late night for me - I went to the movie theater with the neighbor boy because Tuesday is 2 for 1 night!! Annndd since I went to the theater I over ate (a little) but I'm okay with this as it doesn't happen often and it was a nice treat!

Been snowing (gasp!) here for two days now and my walks have been icky to work. However, I'm still doing them and it looks to be a long winter here in Calgary!

I'm determined to start the 30DS tonight .. Even with my lack of space since my step brother moving in! (I'm going to attempt to do it in my room) AND I have to do a bit of laundry and get a good nights sleep!! :)

I hope you're all hanging in there!! xxx
  • jltheis7
    Options
    Love 30DS; I did it today too! Holding off on going to Curves as I have a cold and don't want to pass it on. So I am working out at home and getting a 30 min walk in daily. Tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, apples, almonds and nectarines for snacks with water or tea. Meditation twice a day has led to a few naps with my cold but that's just fine. All things considered, it's been a good week so far. Hard to believe it's snow time again...be careful on those icy roads and sidewalks.
  • KValmera71
    KValmera71 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    For some reason I thought I posted my goals for the week but I was on my phone so maybe it didn't go through. But anyway, my goal was to walk 7000 steps per day (per my Jawbone UP) but I set a personal goal to walk 10,000 steps a day. So far this week, I have made my personal goal of 10,000 steps a day.

Also, I am currently on an antibiotic so I cannot be out in the sun and living in Florida, well that means NO walking outside or swimming so I am walking at 7pm each night in place while watching The Big Bang Theory lol It makes the time go by quicker :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    My week has been -ok-

Did not get the the gym yesterday because I was up WAY too late the night before and was so tired, plus had a million errands to run, I did manage to get them all done, so I felt good about that anyway.

Monday I went to Red Lobster for dinner, which is scary calorie wise, but ate only a couple eggos other than that in an attempt to balance it out somewhat.

Ate fairly yesterday and today. not perfect, but not terrible.

I am heading to bed as soon as I post this and WILL go to the gym tomorrow....once I get into a habit again, it should be easier to keep going.

KV - what do you watch TV on while walking?

Everyone sounds wonderful - keep checking in folks!!
  • jltheis7
    Options
    We are doing well aren't we?
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Where is everyone today??
  • AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the party here, but my goals for the week!

**Get back on track with my intake.
    **Get back to walking.
    **Stop beating myself up over a few bad days. They're logged. It's over. Move on.
    **Stop trying to hold myself to a specific program that will make me discouraged if I screw it up. Just exercise & stop worrying about everything else.

It's a marathon, not a sprint. I don't need to go at turbo speed. I can go slower sometimes as long as I keep on moving.

Hope everyone is having a nice week! :)
  • EmotionalEater84
    Options
    Hey gang! Happy Friday :)

I just wanted to do a quick check in.. I have to hold myself accountable for the weekend coming up. Last weekend was a bust so I need to make this one count!

I hope you all had a fantastic week <3
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    My goals are to get back into my working out, as well as logging. I was on a cruise for 8 days and ate bad most of the time. so now I need to get back into my better habits
  • jltheis7
    Options
    Rough day at work ...cookies and donuts in the break room, missed lunch, a student made me a special cupcake, and then worked late. Meditating now and then yoga and a walk. Tomorrow's plan is healthy and I am sticking to it! Hope everyone's weekend is healthy with minimal stress.
  • Ceratopsy
    Options
    I am pretty satisfied with myself for this week. I ate under my calories, I walked every day except today, I started using my elliptical again, and I got in soo much yoga and sleep. I want to be totally done with recovery already but its fine, I've come to terms with it. How did everyone else end up this week?
  • AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I was just all over the place this week. No real consistency anywhere. I had a birthday & I was sick and apparently as a result I just ate a bunch of junk and tumbled off the wagon.

Time to get back on!