Replies

• castleann
    castleann Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there all is well
  • shadowlydarkness
    shadowlydarkness Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Heya guys, I'm in Auckland, finally had some sunny weather last weekend, and today wanst to bad either. How are you all doing?
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Morning all

I'm enjoying the weather getting warmer! Late afternoon walks and taking the kids to the park is awesome! Looking forward to proper summer - bring it on!
  • VaxSA
    VaxSA Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Pretty happy with myself, nearly reached 10 kilos! Woot! A few more days and that hopefully will get smashed out of the ballpark!

How is everyone? Life updates?

I wish this thread was more active! Kiwi's!!!!! COME BACKKKKK!
  • psych101
    Options
    Hey Zaxie - great job!!

After a 10 day hiatus I am back to doing what I love - lifting heavy weights! I thought during my time off that my weight might go down, but nope - it loves to hang out at 78kgs lol which of course puts me at a BMI of 25.4.....soooooo close to being in the 'healthy' range! now, I know that BMI is not a reliable measure and people with muscle blah blah blah but I really just want to hit that target! I'm currently a size 10 in tops and 10-12 in bottoms - I never thought i'd be this small - but my BMI is still 'overweight' aargh!!
  • mullycathNZ
    mullycathNZ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Spring has Sprung in ChCh - we are looking at 20 degs today - woo hoo!

But I have been SLACK in my discipline and eating, grrrrr.... but at least my daily exercise habits mean I haven't porked on too much weight!!
  • VaxSA
    VaxSA Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks Psych! Its the small goals keeping me hungry, because god knows today I wanted one of those mock cream buns from Countdown. You know what Im talking about. Simultaneously disgusting and so damn delicious - but 600gms to go! Must.not.give.in!!

No need to put a disclaimer for aiming for BMI! If that's your target and youre doing it, I support you 1000%! You go girl! You've done such an amazing job so far, and I totally understand the want to have that milestone smashed =D

Hey MullyCath! Mmmm warm... it was so rainy and cold here today that I am very jealous of your sunshine :) We all have slack moments... well... I do anyway.
  • traceyandelliemay
    Options
    I agree I totally dislike how our group is not very talkative heapsa shy kiwis out there hmmmm... its so good to see the sun out! Im a little north of chch and you see all the baby animals <3 spring <3 roll on SUMMER <3
  • karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi there Phsych, Just want to say I saw your posts here and you have inspired me some more. I really want to get more muscle tone etc but not 100 percent sure on how to do it and I can't afford the powder way to do it (and it tastes gross) hehe so I am mulling along with my own routine and my own diet and getting results slow but better than a couple of years ago :D For me what I am doing need to fit in with normal family living and work. I want this to be for life. I am in Feilding near you and yes, the weather is definately a turnaround to help move more. Not sure what it is like in Palmy today but it is cloudy today so a good day for a run then a foam roll :D Enjoy your day
  • kkooge
    kkooge Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, awesome day again here in Palmy - and I'm at work :(
    I'm planning on doing a reasonable road ride on Sunday morning, and guess what? Showers, wind and cold temps forecast! Oh well, it can only improve.
    Wow Karina I just read how much you have lost! Well done!
    For some reason I am being plagued by cramp at the moment - had to stop swimming last night, and got a cramp so bad on Wednesday night that my calf muscle is sore when I walk. I've never had it before - anyone got any advice on how to deal with it?
    TGIF! Have a great weekend, Kathy.
  • BrooksMum
    BrooksMum Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in lower hutt too!! The free boot camp is run by herbalife, I used to do it - It's great! Awesome encouragement and support! X
  • psych101
    Options
    Hi there Phsych, Just want to say I saw your posts here and you have inspired me some more. I really want to get more muscle tone etc but not 100 percent sure on how to do it and I can't afford the powder way to do it (and it tastes gross) hehe so I am mulling along with my own routine and my own diet and getting results slow but better than a couple of years ago :D For me what I am doing need to fit in with normal family living and work. I want this to be for life. I am in Feilding near you and yes, the weather is definately a turnaround to help move more. Not sure what it is like in Palmy today but it is cloudy today so a good day for a run then a foam roll :D Enjoy your day

Hey Karina, Thanks for the lovely message :)

I don't use a lot of protein powder these days - usually just when I'm running low on protein and cant be bothered actually eating something! I started lifting weights to try to preserve my muscle but you could def look into something like You are Your Own Gym, or Convict Conditioning - something that uses body weight instead of barbells and dumbbells if you'd prefer. I aim for around 120g of protein a day, around 70g of fat and the rest carbs. I've recently discovered Zeagold Egg Whites in the milk section of the supermarket - just a pack of liquid egg whites, good in calories and high in protein. I usually just add a dash of cinnamon or mixed with oats and cook it up! This has become my replacement for protein powders lately.

Not a bad day here in Palmy - so glad that its Friday though! Been a tough week, but I've got to 10,000 or almost 10,000 steps each day so I'm happy! Been chasing my wee 2 year old around a bit in the afternoon sunshine which is nice at this time of the year! Though he's recovering from croup so we're a little lacking in the sleep department around here!!
  • karinapeterson
    Options
    Thanks Physch. I do some bodyweight exercises already. I do weights 2-3 times a week depending on time. I have a relay run in October of 8k so making sure I get my runs more atm so I am ready for that. Porb concentrate harder on more weights after that.

Oh your poor 2yr old. My son had croup, still gets it and he is 12 now. Vapouriser is awesome for helping them sleep, do you have one? Best investment I ever made! Makes the room wet but they sleep and I just open the room up to dry during the day. Hope he better soon.
  • karinapeterson
    Options
    thanks Kathy :)

Cramp, have you got some magnesium tablets, great to help with cramp and you prob done already but rubbing some deep heat or something similar on it. Hope it is better soon. Cramp hurts :( Still gorgeous here in Filly, lots of washing done, yay!!
  • karinapeterson
    Options
    :)
  • psych101
    Options
    Thanks Physch. I do some bodyweight exercises already. I do weights 2-3 times a week depending on time. I have a relay run in October of 8k so making sure I get my runs more atm so I am ready for that. Porb concentrate harder on more weights after that.

Oh your poor 2yr old. My son had croup, still gets it and he is 12 now. Vapouriser is awesome for helping them sleep, do you have one? Best investment I ever made! Makes the room wet but they sleep and I just open the room up to dry during the day. Hope he better soon.

Thanks for the advice - I might have to look into a vapouriser - is that like the Vicks ones? And still getting it at 12?! Oh no - poor boy! I was hoping once they got over the toddler illnesses then we'd be set :(

I should really get back into running, its helps with my want to eat more these days haha
  • karinapeterson
    Options
    yeah vicks vapouriser but I use eucalyptus oil (not the vicks oil). It works alot better. You can get them on trademe. I had hoped my son would get better but he seems to be one of those kids who just gets sick alot. Weird thing is I have a daugher 17 who has a heart condition and since she turned 4 or 5 she has only ever been really sick with heart issues. She has avoided other illnesses since then. Lucky really haha
  • Dizzzlel
    Dizzzlel Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi folks, thought I would say hi. I don't see too many other males on this thread but I thought I would throw caution into the wind, lol.
    I live in Timaru, married with three kids, actually our wedding anniversary today, 16 years, and yes I did remember.

Pretty new to MFP, but have logged everything for the past 28 days, and loving it so far. Have also downloaded the fitstar app and been using that for the past week and finding that very useful.

And to psych101 and karinapeterson ( sorry don't know how to quote) , I totally agree the vaporiser is the way to go. We bought one when our oldest was a bub and still going strong 13 years later. We too use it with eucalyptus oil and have used it for various ailments.

Anyway, Hi!
  • nzchikky
    nzchikky Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Kinda new on here but have got the hang of this now I think. Only found this group today so Im glad to be able to connect with other fellow kiwis on this journey. At the mo Im doing the 30 day shred finished day 7 so Im pretty proud of myself so far! I was not really a exercise person thats for sure. Anyway happy to make new friends on here my diary is open so feel free to add :)
  • karinapeterson
    Options
    Hey Dizzle

Happy Anniversary, great milestone 16 years!! We have had our vapouriser for about 10 years, they last forever don't they :) Have a lovely anniversary day :D