Daily check in thread - all welcome!

Options

Replies

• karinapeterson
    karinapeterson Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Kinda new on here but have got the hang of this now I think. Only found this group today so Im glad to be able to connect with other fellow kiwis on this journey. At the mo Im doing the 30 day shred finished day 7 so Im pretty proud of myself so far! I was not really a exercise person thats for sure. Anyway happy to make new friends on here my diary is open so feel free to add :)

Good on you,Jillian is hard work for sure :)
  • VaxSA
    VaxSA Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey Dizz! Welcome!

Congrats on your wedding anniversary! Dont worry about not having any males here, you will fit in just fine!

Hey NZchikky! I am doing the 30 day shred too. Just finished level 1, but have to keep going for 4 more days anyway as the husband decided to join in after id started!
  • Dizzzlel
    Dizzzlel Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Folks, I promised my youngest (6) that if it was a rainy weekend I would spend sat arvo building lego with him......guess what I'm doing after lunch. Lol. ( I'm pretending its a mission, but secretly looking forward to it) " sorry dear , can't fertilise the lawn, I made a promise" haha.
  • VaxSA
    Options
    lololol, my husband could have posted that too Dizz. He loves lego time with his son. I think it's his favourite chore.
  • nzchikky
    nzchikky Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Thats great zaxie that your husband is joining you on the shred! As for lego argh! Memories of standing on them all the time laying all over the house haha but good times :)
  • Dizzzlel
    Options
    Break time, session one over as my legs fell asleep. Lol. We have four three week old kittens at the moment too so that made it interesting.
  • Dizzzlel
    Options
    lololol, my husband could have posted that too Dizz. He loves lego time with his son. I think it's his favourite chore.

Your hubbie would be impressed Zaxie, just built zurgs spaceship and the bat mobile. Lol.
  • VaxSA
    Options
    Haha too awesome! I will tell him, but I get the feeling this will turn into a school holiday lego battle.
  • kkooge
    kkooge Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone from a cold and wet Palmerston North. Have spent some time this morning at the Massey University Animal Hospital with our dog - he has been in and out all week with some kind of bug, they aren't sure what, but weight is falling off him. How ironical is that? I go on a diet and the dog loses weight. I'm just glad we have that amazing facility available to us in Palmy. But I'm even happier that we have pet insurance! Cheers, Kathy.
  • traceyandelliemay
    Options
    I hope your dogs gonna b fine :) xoxox
  • kkooge
    Options
    Thank you, so do I. He is my baby!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    hi all,

Nice and warm (though overcast as anything) here in PN today!

Kkooge - hope your doggie is ok! Massey Vets are amazing, they have an incredible facility and top notch vets as well as doting students to look after your loved fur baby!

Welcome to all our newbies too! Yay, more kiwis :)

Thanks for the advice about the humidifier, might have to check them out - so sick of wee man always being sick!

Works busy at the moment so am not able to tick up as many steps as I'd like...I could go for a walk at lunch, but I'd rather stuff my face and chat with my coworkers lol
  • Dizzzlel
    Options
    Kkooge, hope pup is ok, be so much easier if they could say whats wrong.

im down in balclutha for work and it is chucking it down outside. Im just about to do my workout in my motel room. Hopefully the people in the unit next door dont hear too much puffing and panting, they will see im alone and wonder what i am up to .lol.
  • pippabc
    pippabc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Pippa here :-)
    I've been on MFP for a while now, love logging everyday, and the support from everyone.
    Taking ages to lose weight, I guess I am not putting 100% into it right now. I just had my birthday last week - I'm 39, and am aiming to get back to my pre pregnancy weight by the time I am 40! There, I put my goal out there, so now I will achieve it!
  • StudyMum
    StudyMum Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I've been back on MFP for a week now.
    I have 2 months till I go to Fiji, and have got to get my eating/exercising sorted!
    Have had a whole week with no; chips, chippies or doughnuts which is a record (obviously had some problems there!)
    I'm eating a whole lot more veges now, though.
    I've added a bunch of you as friends as it keeps life interesting.
    Rosie
  • psych101
    Options
    Morning all!

Weather cant make up its mind in the mighty manawatu this morning!

My weight is finally starting to budge a little - I haven't done anything different, my calorie intake is exactly the same each and every day - stupid weight, can't make up its bloody mind! haha!
  • kkooge
    Options
    Hahaha Dizzzlel .... that gave me a long needed laugh! You could easily be the topic of conversation at many a dinner table tonight!
    Impressed with the dedication though - I'm more interested in a glass of wine when I'm away than working out! (Which is why I am on MFP!) Cheers Kathy
  • mullycathNZ
    mullycathNZ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for a while now, love logging everyday, and the support from everyone.
    Taking ages to lose weight, I guess I am not putting 100% into it right now. I just had my birthday last week - I'm 39, and am aiming to get back to my pre pregnancy weight by the time I am 40! There, I put my goal out there, so now I will achieve it!

Nice goal Pippa, you CAN do it!
  • pippabc
    pippabc Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Nice goal Pippa, you CAN do it!

Thanks Kathy - now to get serious about it!
  • psych101
    Options
    Morning all,

So my toddler has the cough that just will not cease. aargh! Googling humidifiers right now.

Lifted last night and can feel it in my booty this morning! haha! Didn't weigh in this morning as i'm usually up a bit with DOMS like this - will check tomorrow.

Brr colder here in PN - busy day at work today

Have a great one :drinker: