Daily Goal Check In

Options
This is for those of us who would like to post their daily goal and if they were able to meet it.

Today my goal is to walk for one hour. Because I have small children and it is so HOT here right now, I can't walk for one straight hour. I'll have to break it up throughout the day, but will be really happy if I can get that much walking in today.

I'll report back tomorrow on whether I was able to do it. But, just writing it down here really motivates me to accomplish my goal!

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Melissa, it is hard with children. I admire you for this. I am not sure I would have been able to do it when my daughter was growing up.

My goal has been to get between 18,000 and 20,000 steps per day since the first of the year. I have been doing well so far this year. I have just turned over 20,000 on my walk on my lunch break today. The rest of the day is all icing for me. Love my fitbit! It is very cool here (MN) today. High temperature is only in the 50's. 60's for the weekend. Love the fall here, especially after the first frost as there are no more bugs.
  • Wow, 20,000 steps! I am really impressed. Enjoy your fall weather, it sounds lovely. It is still in the high 90's here in Southern California and I am tired of it :)
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Well I try to get 10,000 steps in at a minimum....and trying to get most of them in at work, but I have a treadmill as a back up plan. Can't walk outside yet...the temperature is holding at 108 F for the next few days....BUT there is hope on the horizon that it will slowly start to come down...and at least the humidity seems to have gone away ...for now. Hard to breath in the heat AND humidity!!
  • I was able to walk for one hour yesterday so I made my goal! Today I am hoping for 45 minutes. Have a great day all!
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I got mine in...and still working on more than 10,000 coz the gal I am in a challenge with today did 13,000 and I want to beat that !!!
  • smirf1972
    smirf1972 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My goal today is too reach 10,000 steps, on the weekend this is hard for me as I walk 14,000 - 16,000 a day mon - fri, snowflake930 I don't know how you reach 20,000 steps - wow!:smokin:
  • handbagfan
    handbagfan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    thought I would check in - struggled recently but my aim is to walk an hour tomorrow.
    Enjoy your walks everyone, hope my friends in parts of America are managing with the weather. XX:smile:
  • smirf1972
    Options
    Managed 14000 steps so will try to achieve 10,000 again tomorrow, it is definitely motivating to state on here what you intend to try to achieve:happy:
    Thanks Melissafitness
  • smirf1972
    Options
    Hi Guys, well I did it, it took me til 5pm to leave the flat(anxiety) but I did it and achieved 11,616 steps, well chuffed:bigsmile: , hope you all achieved your targets :flowerforyou:
  • Congrats all on achieving your goals!
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I got mine in. Walking at both breaks, walked for an hour this morning (though the speed was varied as my son wanted out of his stroller like 4 times and he's got little legs...) and planning to walk when I get home from work. :)
  • Great job, ogmomma2012! I am really impressed - you work, have a little one and still managed to walk, nice job!

It is SO HOT here I haven't been able to walk as much as I'd like. I'm hoping it cools off later this week so I can walk more.
  • handbagfan
    Options
    Hi,
    Walked 4.1 km today --- yay. looking at some posts there is a lot of "super stepping" happening. I'm so impressed .:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Keep walking everyone.
  • handbagfan
    Options
    Hello,
    Walked 3.5 KM - Not much but every little helps !!!!!:tongue:
  • moparjer
    moparjer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just checking in.... I've been averaging between 12,000 and 22,800 steps per day in the month of September. Thank heavens for FitBit keeping track for me! Happy walking!
  • handbagfan
    Options
    My goal today was to get back on track - Indoor walk (3 miles) YAY.
    Keep walking XXX:smile:
  • smirf1972
    Options
    My aim was to burn off the extra calories I ate whilst at dinner round my parents last night, have burned them off, still not sure that makes amends, just as well I didn't have a pudding :drinker:
  • handbagfan
    Options
    managed to do 10000 steps today. :smile: Who knew ?:tongue:
    Goal for tomorrow (Tuesday) Walk 3/4 miles. :smile:
  • comback67
    comback67 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Had an awesome day for fitness yesterday! I walked 2 miles during my lunch break and 2.5 miles after work. Then I went to the gym to weight train. I slept like a rock last night. I still haven't gotten my pedometer yet, so I don't know how many steps I took. :(
  • handbagfan
    Options
    3 miles today (dedicated)
    + 12712 steps YAY :tongue: