Night Hunger

Options
does anyone have any suggestions what I can do about getting really hungry before bed at night?
What do you guys do for night cravings and hunger?

Replies

• sleepyyy
    sleepyyy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How much time do you have between your last meal and the time you sleep? My last meal is 3 hours before I sleep so it keeps me content till im passed out :).

What you eat for dinner is really important too, filling food like chicken/salmon and sauteed dark leafy greens keeps me full for a while.

An apple for a "dessert" snack will help (lots of fiber), or 1/2 a cup of greek yogurt with honey.

Warm cup of tea might trick your brain into thinking its full too?

Also try to lose weight slowly.. you want a lifestyle change and something you can keep up. Maybe you're eating too little and that's why you're hungry? I tried to eat super low cal before, eating 100 cals bags of crackers, etc and could never maintain it. Non process, wholesome fruit and veggie-centric foods + exercise is the way to go :) Good luck!!
  • rosiemaji
    rosiemaji Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If I stay up too late, sometimes I get hungry before going to bed. If it is just a little hungry and I am really tired, it doesn't keep me up at night so I don't eat anything. In that case, a drink of water or a cup of hot chamomile tea (calming and no caffeine) might be sufficient. But if I am really hungry, a tablespoon of peanut butter kills the hunger long enough for me to go to sleep. A tablespoon of peanut butter on celery sticks will also do the trick. This may put you over your calorie goal a little but that is better than hunger keeping you awake at night. The loss of sleep due to hunger keeping you awake is way more damaging than a few extra calories. If this happens to me more than once a week, I take a look at the number of carbs that I am eating for dinner. Too many carbs will cause you to be hungry sooner than the same number of calories consumed as protein and fat.