Options

Replies

• caseyjarryn
    caseyjarryn Posts: 61 Member
    Options

lowcarbcentral.com.au ... $3.59 each, plus $8 shipping for up to 1kg

vs
    iherb.com ... $2.39 each, plus $8 shipping for up to 3kg

Oh man, I just ordered some from lowcarbcentral ... I guess that's what I get for not doing my research. Ah well, if I like them I'll order more from iHerb. Thanks for the heads up!

The shipping from iherb is super fast too .. 3-4 days from the US, via DHL

Yeah, I've bought tea from them before and was impressed by how quickly it arrived! Had a quick look at their quest bar section, looks like they don't do an assorted pack, so probably would have bought from lowcarbcentral anyway because I don't know which flavours I'll like. But if I like them and want to buy more I'll definitely be getting them from iHerb.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Whoop whoop, chobani singles finally on sale again in Woolies, 5 for $5 :)
  • caseyjarryn
    Options
    My box of assorted quest bars arrived yesterday! I tried the cookies and cream one, I could definitely taste the stevia in it, but it wasn't as bad as some other low carb protein bars I've tried and I think I could get used to the taste. Looking forward to trying more flavours!
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My box of assorted quest bars arrived yesterday! I tried the cookies and cream one, I could definitely taste the stevia in it, but it wasn't as bad as some other low carb protein bars I've tried and I think I could get used to the taste. Looking forward to trying more flavours!

Double Choc Chunk, and White Choc Raspberry are my two fave flavours - the texture of those two are not as chewy as some of the other flavours I've tried
  • cmhoy71
    cmhoy71 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    goodness superfoods wholegrain barley wraps - awesome fibre 35% rdi in 1! high protein, low fat, lowish carbs.

they do two museli bars too - again, super high in fibre, 30%rdi, high protein, lowish fat and carbs (for a bar!)

"rice plus" is a mix of several raw rices, quinoa, barley max, other seeds - again, higher protein, higher fibre than other rices

i love them and all from woolies and not expensive
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    http://lowcarbcentral.com.au/low-carb-shop/low-carb-flours.html

I just got some LC pizza and bagel flour, cake flour and some brownie mix. Macros on these are AWESOME! Unlike many low carb products that just increase the fat content (and then end up same or higher cals) these have close to equal carb and protein and very high fibre. Will be making baking some stuff on the weekend :smile:
  • ShirleyTonks
    Options
    Tis is a great one.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    you had me at brownie mix.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    results. DAMN TASTY!

cookies and cream pancakes
    IMG_20140817_195828.jpg

low carb choc muffins 3P/17C/3F
    IMG_20140816_112643.jpg
  • caseyjarryn
    Options
    Wow, those pancakes look AMAZING!!!
  • yxlr8
    yxlr8 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Following but Im also after real food ideas. Im sensitive to preservatives so need to limit them. I also have kids so meal ideas need to be family and budget friendly. Setting the bar high I know but if it's not all these things my previous attempts show its not maintainable.
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    goodness superfoods wholegrain barley wraps - awesome fibre 35% rdi in 1! high protein, low fat, lowish carbs.

they do two museli bars too - again, super high in fibre, 30%rdi, high protein, lowish fat and carbs (for a bar!)

"rice plus" is a mix of several raw rices, quinoa, barley max, other seeds - again, higher protein, higher fibre than other rices

i love them and all from woolies and not expensive

I'll second the barley wraps. Totally in love with them lately, I want to marry their little low cal, high figbre, low sodium arses.

Oh, and word to the wise - Atkins Endulge caramel nut chew bars (fairly expensive at around $12 for 5, but only 140cal each and reasonable protein) totally taste like snickers.
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    For anyone needing to stock up on protein bars at a heavy discount, Catch of the Day has a mega sale today featuring several different brands.
  • mprezn
    mprezn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Iv'e been having alot of Whey Whip lately.. its absolutely delicious!!

Mochachino and Mint CHocolate are probably the best.. altho i like them all... (except Strawberry is my least favourite).

They are a little pricey at $4.95 a tub but might be worth checking out if you want some icecream every so often.

I get mine at Muscle Coach...
    more info- check here: http://www.wheywhip.com/
  • gmallan
    Options
    For anyone needing to stock up on protein bars at a heavy discount, Catch of the Day has a mega sale today featuring several different brands.

I was just going to post about this :)
  • gmallan
    Options
    These ocean fish pumpkin seed crusted fish fillets look delicious and they're on sale at Woolies starting Wednesday

http://www2.woolworthsonline.com.au/shop/seasonal/Woolworths-Catalogue-Specials#view=product&itemId=7034163&saleId=7034&areaName=TAS
  • littlejane91
    Options
    Not sure how long these bars have been around, I found them in Coles yesterday - http://thebarcounter.com.au

the high protein ones have incredible macros...130cals, 10P/3C/4F.

I bought a chocolate brownie crunch one, haven't tried yet but hopefully they are decent!
  • 1992Leigh1992
    1992Leigh1992 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if there are retail stores in Brisbane that sell Waldens Farm products?

I can't have things delivered to my address (it's complicated) so I was wondering if there is a way around that.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    Does anyone know if there are retail stores in Brisbane that sell Waldens Farm products?

I can't have things delivered to my address (it's complicated) so I was wondering if there is a way around that.

not that I know of.

But I'll save you the hassle, I had a fair few of these when I was in the US and even for zero calories they are not worth it. Seriously rank chemical tasting. And I don't even care about chemically stuff haha. Maybe not all bad but I never had one that I liked.
  • fwhittaker
    fwhittaker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bump :-)
    Great stuff here cheers.