Level 3 Check In

Options
We're past the halfway point! Good luck this week everyone!

Replies

• Cbanjo
    Cbanjo Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Wow congratulations to you all :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    For me, this week 3 is the 'BADDEST'. I am so happy that l am doing it all over again because l didnt really give my best in week 3 the first time l did the programme. In fact, l almost quit the whole thing because l was afraid of what week 4 would be like, but then, it turned out to be much better than the week 3 even though Jillian called it the 'Mother of all workouts'.

I just finished week 1 this morning, and will start week 2 tomorrow by God's grace.
  • StephanieL14
    StephanieL14 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow that was interesting! Some tough moves in there, but I like that a lot of them are just body weight exercises. Is it just me or did they miss the second set of staggered rows in circuit 1? I'll have to remember to pause and do those tomorrow... How did everyone else find it?
  • StephanieL14
    Options
    Finished Day 2 last night.
  • bgoodsmile
    bgoodsmile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    HOLY (#&T!!! I found level 3 CHALLENGING!!!! I felt like it moved along much faster than weeks 1 & 2... and my legs are already sore. I did the best I could, but I definitely did not do everything "right..." I felt a bit overwhelmed!!! It will be interesting to see how I progress through this level. From last week to this week I lost 1/2" off of my waist & .7" off of my hips. No change in arms or legs. I am an "hourglass" so my face & trunk lose first & my arms & legs take FOREVER to slim down! This week should really help my legs - cuz WOW! Good luck everyone!!!
  • StephanieL14
    Options
    I can feel my legs getting stronger. I am SORE from this level! I guess that means it's working! Great results, bgoodsmile. Day 3 is done. I would normally go for a walk, but it is pouring rain here. I might try to get on my elliptical for a bit, but my legs feel a little wobbly :laugh:
  • Cbanjo
    Options
    HOLY (#&T!!! I found level 3 CHALLENGING!!!! I felt like it moved along much faster than weeks 1 & 2... and my legs are already sore. I did the best I could, but I definitely did not do everything "right..." I felt a bit overwhelmed!!! It will be interesting to see how I progress through this level. From last week to this week I lost 1/2" off of my waist & .7" off of my hips. No change in arms or legs. I am an "hourglass" so my face & trunk lose first & my arms & legs take FOREVER to slim down! This week should really help my legs - cuz WOW! Good luck everyone!!!

Level 3 is the hardest, so if you can survive it, you will surely survive level 4. Well done:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • StephanieL14
    Options
    I'm glad to hear that Level 4 backs off a bit! I find circuit 3 to be a killer. But Day 4 is finished and I did some time on the elliptical today while my husband was out with the baby. I ate like crap again today (frozen yogurt is delicious and dangerous) so hopefully the extra cardio helps balance that out.
  • StephanieL14
    Options
    Today the scale was down again, so I don't think I've ruined my progress yet. Just finished Day 5 of Level 3. I might take two rest days this weekend and do some yoga or something instead. I can feel that my knees are tired, so something more gentle might be what I need. I might do Yoga X from P90X which is still super intense, just a lot less impact on the joints. Happy Friday everyone! :wink:
  • StephanieL14
    Options
    Did 45 mins of Yoga X this morning. I only did the flowing moves. I might do the second half (balance poses) later if I have time. The weather is crummy here so I don't know if I'll get out for my walk. At least it's something!
  • Cbanjo
    Options
    Well done all.

I am going to start Week 3 later today and l hope and pray that it would be a bit better than the last time l did it:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • blackizbutiful
    blackizbutiful Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    tomorrow 9/15 starts week 3 for me
  • Cbanjo
    Options
    tomorrow 9/15 starts week 3 for me

That's great girl
  • Cbanjo
    Options
    I started week 3 yesterday and on boy, honestly, it didn't feel better second time around. I was breathless during the strength training of both first and second circuits. The positive side of it for me is the fact that l can now try my best to do it better than the last time. But I HATE IT and l can't wait to get it over with, especially the rock and roll that you drop down and roll your body over. Funny enough, the cardios are not bad.

I am going to do the day 2 very soon by God's grace, amen.
  • blackizbutiful
    blackizbutiful Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I started week 3 yesterday and on boy, honestly, it didn't feel better second time around. I was breathless during the strength training of both first and second circuits. The positive side of it for me is the fact that l can now try my best to do it better than the last time. But I HATE IT and l can't wait to get it over with, especially the rock and roll that you drop down and roll your body over. Funny enough, the cardios are not bad.

Im hitting day one after class tonight..I'll let you know how it goes. But from these comments Im a bit scared Lol
  • Cbanjo
    Options

Im hitting day one after class tonight..I'll let you know how it goes. But from these comments Im a bit scared Lol

Please just IGNORE ME, it's just that l don't like some moves in it because my shoulders and arms are not strong. But overall, Ri30 gives your body excellent result after.
  • bgoodsmile
    bgoodsmile Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my last day of week 3 & i am GLAD!!! My glutes & hams are SORE - but I am happy about that cuz those areas need major work lol. I can't wait to check my measurements on Wednesday AM b4 I start week 4. I fit into some jeans yesterday (really fit - not tight at all!) that I had no idea I could get back into again so I am curious to see how that is reflected in inches! Good luck all!
  • Cbanjo
    Options
    Tomorrow is my last day of week 3 & i am GLAD!!! My glutes & hams are SORE - but I am happy about that cuz those areas need major work lol. I can't wait to check my measurements on Wednesday AM b4 I start week 4. I fit into some jeans yesterday (really fit - not tight at all!) that I had no idea I could get back into again so I am curious to see how that is reflected in inches! Good luck all!

Well done girl, :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Even though Jillian called week 4 mother of all workouts, it's MUCH BETTER than week 3, so go on and have fun with it.
  • StephanieL14
    Options
    Great job! Those results are better than anything the scale will say. I'm back in my skinny jeans too! :drinker:
  • Cbanjo
    Options
    Did Day 3 of Week 3 today.
  • dangiusedtobesohealthy
    Options
    Well, I'm still out here, even if I've not checked in religiously. Started level 3 this morning. I would have written sooner but I had to wait for the nausea to pass....

wow. this one is a killer - but I love it and can't wait to get better and better. One thing I did notice was how well I did at the jumping lunges. Weren't those in the 30DS program? I recall doing them before and sucking at them, so the fact that I can do them now speaks to my progress.

I agree with the other poster that she left out the second set of something in circuit 2, and I think it would be honorable to pause and add them in :)

I will say this: yesterday I received a new jeep that I ordered weeks ago. It was a big deal. So on top of the process messing up my whole day and my eating schedule, I used it as an excuse to celebrate with bad food, including beer and chocolate chip cookies. Jillian made me VERY sorry for that this morning. lesson learned, Jillian!!