New and in need of friends

Options
Hi all!

My name is Sam and I'm about 3 months pre-VSG (hopefully). My insurance company requires 6 months of medically supervised weight loss before they'll issue an approval and I'm in the last month of that now. I'm excited to be a part of this group, all of your success stories are really inspirational. Now it's time for me to reach out for some friends so I can see your progress and you can hold me accountable for mine. Any tips and advice are welcome as well!

Sam

Replies

• radcas11
    radcas11 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I know you have to be super excited! I remember every month that went by was just getting closer and closer to a whole new life, and I can promise you that it's an amazing life! That doesn't mean that you won't struggle, but every bump in the road just gets you closer to where you want to be. I had RNY, but I'm here if you have any questions or concerns!
  • Sammers48220
    Sammers48220 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I'm so, so excited, but also trying to maintain a little sanity in case my insurance company puts up a fight. Here's a general question.... what do you wish you would've known before your surgery that you didn't find out until after?
  • glyndalin
    glyndalin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 6 months and got my date. Just a little bit longer, Sam. We're on our way!
  • radcas11
    radcas11 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That's a really good question! I can't come up with an answer. My doctor and his staff were all very upfront about everything that could and would happen. The only thing that has kind of shocked me is after losing quite a bit of hair (not bald or anything near it), my new hair growth has come back in a completely different texture which is horribly frustrating. It seems to be drier and more frizzy, but that just means a few extra conditioning products.
  • foxymitchell
    foxymitchell Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Feel free to befriend me...
  • sueanngardiner
    sueanngardiner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm new to this group and looking for people who are currently on the same road as myself. I am just starting my track on the Gastric Sleeve road and would love tips and helpful hints along the way. I am currently on a healthy eating week and will have to do a full week on a liquid diet. any advice would be welcomed :smile:
  • brendanewstart2014
    Options
    I am new too, but just had surgery 5 days ago. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • kchaki
    kchaki Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am a newby also. I just started my journey toward VSG but also researching RNY as that may be my only option. Looking for friends, support and information. Just had my initial appointment and have to have medically supervised weight management for 3 months before being considered. Add me if you'd like, and we'll do this journey together!