Pork Rinds...

Options
13»

Replies

• kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I started out loving pork rinds dipped in ranch dressing, but quickly got sick of them. but I love them as a breading for chicken & keep a mason jar full of them crushed with spices in my cupboard at all times. Also pork rind pancakes are yummy too.

For anyone having trouble with Oopsie rolls, try adding a tiny bit of xanthan gum, keeps the meringue super stiff & makes for a thicker batter, I add flax meal & protein powder to mine. they are much better than the basic recipe, breadier and stays pretty fluffy when you take it out of the oven. My basic oopsies would flatten out as they cooled at times.
  • MikeEnRegalia
    MikeEnRegalia Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    @MistressPi

Although the recipe looks yummy, there is way too much time and work to create that dish. As soon as I saw, separating eggs, using a mixer, whipping something that was a liquid into something "stiff", then folding things together... I'll leave that to people that are retired or work at home. I like easy recipes.

Thanks for posting it...

Dan the Man

Takes only five minutes ... :-)
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    @ aeb09 just bookmarked your blog and pinned a bunch of your recipes to try! They look yummo!
    I just pinned a ton of your recipes!! They look amazing!

Thank you both so much! :)
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Bumping for great ideas!
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options

I buzz them in my food processor and use them as breading on fish, chicken, chops...etc.

i just added cheese to the ground pork rinds last night and made a pizza crust. best thing EVER!
  • PrettyBull
    Options
    @aeb09 Awesome recipes! I am now following you on Pinterest! Thank you for sharing.
  • aeb09
    Options
    @aeb09 Awesome recipes! I am now following you on Pinterest! Thank you for sharing.

Thanks so much!! :):)
  • La5Vega5Girl
    Options
    Coconut Bread
    1/4 cup coconut flour
    1/8 teas. lemon juice
    1/8 teas. soda
    1/8 teas. salt
    1/2 cup eggbeaters or 3 eggs
    mix with spoon or whip put 1/2 in a small (sprayed with pam) 8OZ. glass bowl (I use ankorhocking) Cook 1 minute in Microwave let cool for 5 minutes and slice in half better than English muffin. 64 calories (with egg whites) and 1 net carb. Great for our Way Of Eating. For Brown bread add 1 Tbsp. of Flax seed meal. Calories listed with flax. Log as Irma's coconut bread in MFP. Enjoy!

thank you for this. i am going to make it tomorrow
    :smile:
  • aeb09
    Options
    Just added a new recipe using pork rinds to the blog, if anyone is interested. :)

http://www.butterisnotacarb.com/tuna-cakes/
  • KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options

I had to google it to find what pork rinds are and why is everyone so excited. Hmmm, might be a bit too early for me.

BUT your site looks amazing. I will visit often! :flowerforyou:
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds and salsa. Mmm. My new favorite snack.
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    OOH, thanks for these ideas!
  • mrsfancyab
    mrsfancyab Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Finally tried pork rinds, melted cheese and sour cream last night, i loved it. only way i can stand pork rinds!!! my hubby looked at me like i was gross "you're eating a bowl of fat" yes, yes i was and it was delicious!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • La5Vega5Girl
    Options

I had to google it to find what pork rinds are and why is everyone so excited. Hmmm, might be a bit too early for me.

BUT your site looks amazing. I will visit often! :flowerforyou:

I went to the site today and i'm making the chikn parm for dinner.

ketogirl - so proud of your progress! :smile:
  • pfmf
    pfmf Posts: 7
    Options
    Just made @aeb09's amazing peak rind pizza crust,
    http://www.butterisnotacarb.com/keto-friendly-pepperoni-pizza/
    Totally relish!

Thanks so much. I look forward to trying your other recipes.
  • aeb09
    Options
    Just made @aeb09's amazing peak rind pizza crust,
    http://www.butterisnotacarb.com/keto-friendly-pepperoni-pizza/
    Totally relish!

Thanks so much. I look forward to trying your other recipes.

Aww thank you! Glad you enjoyed it! I like how crispy the crust gets with very little effort. :smile: