Hello everyone. I've officially lost 30lbs in 2014!

Good afternoon everyone, I wanted to share my journey with you guys because we all do the same thing, eating once a day. I'm overjoyed today because as of today, I have officially lost 30 lbs in 2014! I am posting my trajectory so you guys can see how eating like this has helped me be a healthier person. I hope my story inspires someone who may be feeling a bit down with their progress (or lack thereof)

I started more or less on June 2013. 226 pounds. When I signed up for MFP, I was at 178 pounds...that was September 1st, 2013.

2013 60.8 lbs (from June to December)

Jan/feb 8.6
Feb/mar 3.7
Mar/apr 7.3
Apr/may 5
May/jun +1.4 lbs
Jun/jul 1.4
Jul/aug .4
Aug/sept 3.8

9/1-19 1.2

I have been eating 1 meal a day since more or less July 2013.
My husband also started at 226. Today he weighed 181 lbs. he's lost 45 lbs, but he does eat more than me. It's ok though, he's 5'10 and I'm 5'1. He can (and should) eat more calories, obviously.

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Hey there! Welcome to the board.

That's great news. You and your hubby are numbers 75 and 76 then. lol

I'm trying to keep track of everyone doing this because of me or from contacting me on MFP and the numbers keep growing!
  • paomiamifl
    paomiamifl Posts: 61 Member
    :) thank you! I'll be 76, haha. The year I was born.
    I don't remember if you said it, but did you lose all your weight IF'ing?
  • arguablysamson
    Yep. All of it. Began June 1st, 2013 and ten months later had it knocked it off.

I have never known success with anything else by way of weight loss.
  • paomiamifl
    We are weight loss twins it seems! Ha hahahaha! That's awesome! I also started around that time! In my case though, since I'm wheelchair bound, I think I need a lot less calories, plus my metabolism must be a bit slower than yours. :) congratulations on what you've accomplished! It feels so awesome, doesn't it? I love knowing that I can follow an unconventional path that truly works for me. Because of the little amount of calories I need to eat, eating once a day makes me feel like a normal person, eating one plate of food, instead of two bites at a time!
  • arguablysamson
    Yes, we are. :) But keep in mind, I also made the mistake of going a bit extreme at certain points by way of getting too few calories, although I quickly learned to be smarter about my approach (hence, the plan I have laid out now). Metabolisms vary. Maybe mine is a bit faster than some, but there are other variables, such as in your case, where your limitations and/or lifestyle can change things. It doesn't matter. There is also nothing wrong with going slower and keeping a more even keel.

Of all doing the program, all except two people are losing weight much better than average (and those two cheat regularly and don't seem to be serious about their efforts).
  • paomiamifl
    I'll tell you a secret...I'm 20 away from final goal of 115...and I've NEVER counted a calorie or been to a gym! I just eat on an 8 inch plate, once a day...and stopped using my motorized wheelchair instead, I use my manual one. 0.0 plus I eat Nutella without worrying about it, and sometimes cape cod 40% less fat potato chips. My loss ratio was higher at the beginning than it is now, but I'm told this was to be expect. Good thing is I'm consistently losing, even if it's a few ounces, second weigh in of the week is tomorrow so we'll see how much I lost since last Sunday!
    Since I have celiac, if I ingest the tiniest amount of gluten by cross contamination, I immediately "gain" like 5 lbs which taken forever to trickle out of my system. Look at my last 3 months...that's what happened, I should have lost around 5-6 a month, but I lost a joke because of it. :"(
    I do think now I'm back on track though...
  • arguablysamson
    You are definitely back on track! Great going.
  • paomiamifl
    Thank you! It's been a difficult few months health wise because of the celiac issue...(un diagnosed celiac, but family member was just diagnosed so, it's a very high possibility I'm at least very gluten intolerant)
    I'm feeling like a truck ran me over twice. :"(
    Hopefully as the damn gluten leaves my system, I'll start to feel better, it's a bummer. IFing really does help me though because I've noticed I feel deathly ill if I eat more than once a day. I think it's because my system was so messed up with the gluten than when I removed it, my tolerance for high amounts of food went out the window too. (At any rate, because of the wheelchair, I can't eat as much as others,which is why IF plus OMAD works wonders for my particular situation.)