I need to buy a new scale. - What kind do you recommend?

Options
I'm gonna have to go out and buy myself a new scale. UGH! The one I have now is broken. I have no idea which ones are best. I guess I just need to know how much I weigh really, but I know there are some (pricey) scales out there that give you all sorts of other information too. I hate it when things get complicated. I'm fairly simple (translation: inept with most of the newer technology).

Can you tell me what type of scale you use, and why (if it's a fancy/pricey one that does more than just give your weight)?

Thanks! :-)

Replies

• judy11351
    judy11351 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I bought mine at walmart .. it is a Health o Meter and was only around $35.00. It gives you your %'s of fats, water and bmi. Best of luck with your journey. :-)
  • Journey0912
    Journey0912 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks Judy,

I was going to try to get by Walmart this weekend actually, but I just couldn't make it happen. Maybe I'll get a chance to run by after work one day this week.
  • anglergirl3
    anglergirl3 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    After much research, googling and YouTube videos, I recently purchased two EatSmart scales from Amazon and love them. Best scale I've had yet and very inexpensive. On/off weighing is very consistent. It has taken the unknown panic out of my weekly weigh-ins do to ridiculous weight variations.
  • FrancineM62
    FrancineM62 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    After much research, googling and YouTube videos, I recently purchased two EatSmart scales from Amazon and love them. Best scale I've had yet and very inexpensive. On/off weighing is very consistent. It has taken the unknown panic out of my weekly weigh-ins do to ridiculous weight variations.

Me too! Trust me, I researched thoroughly and the Eat Smart from Amazon is the best for the price. No frills. I've had it about a year and it is very accurate. Easy to recalibrate.
  • Journey0912
    Journey0912 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I will look into the Eat Smart scale on Amazon. :-)