Day 1: Tuesday, 9/23/14

Options
Yes, it has already started in some parts of the world. Though I am in LA (Pacific Standard Time) I think it will help if the daily thread is started around this time. It will give everyone plenty of time to jump in. In addition, the goal setting and fitness vows could be comfortably made.

I am happy to report that we have 171 challengers as of now at the start line (spreadsheet).

Let the fun begins.

Replies

• MelsLeanDream
    MelsLeanDream Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Thats great. Means I can log in after work and add to the current page without feeling like I am too far ahead :smile:
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ok checking in from the UK now that we're awake over here!

Goals for the day:

Remember to log food accurately
    Resist the snacks at work
    Go out for a walk during my lunch break
    Drink enough

I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in with this challenge. I do like a good deadline! And I love the idea of being able to start the day with writing down my goals. Great idea guys!
  • Yemostica
    Yemostica Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Calgary Alberta.. so excited to start this journey
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,235 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody!

Checking in from Austria - glad that the thread is already here :-)

My goals for today:
    -) log everything
    -) 8 glasses of water
    -) 5 servings of veggies/fruit
    -) get another walk in

I will be resticted with my workouts the next 2 weeks. Got a mole removed yesterday, right on the back, and should avoid everything where I will be sweating :-( I have to figure out what I still can be doing (any suggestions?), because I know if I stop exercising altogether, it is hard to motivate myself to start again.

Anyway - here is to a successful 100 days for all of us! :drinker:
  • disturbed_s
    disturbed_s Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am in New Zealand so I'm just heading to bed after a good day, stayed within calories and burned 500 calories on my treadmill. Bring on tomorrow where my goal is to drink more water!
  • cookeylady
    cookeylady Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    today I will do my trampolinging, and push myself just a little longer. i will not stress about exercise so much.
  • Kathyonf
    Kathyonf Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just getting up in Newfoundland! Today is going to be a rough start to this challenge as I have to spend about 6 hours in car besides my appointments I have scheduled so my goals will be light!

Hopefully I will be able to:
    1. Walk at least 10,000 steps
    2. Stay within my calorie goal (and eat healthy as DH's restaurant choices aren't always the greatest!!)
  • dlphnldy89
    Options
    Starting my day with a nice energized green smoothie. Can't wear my pedometer today but I know I have lots of walking to do today. Hopefully the weather holds out for me to do my outside walk. If not...hello Mr. Treadmill! Enjoy the day folks!
  • kelseyann92
    kelseyann92 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Tennesee! I am at work until 5 PM when I get off I plan to head to the gym for some much needed cardio!
  • ssswish65
    ssswish65 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone. Off to a good start, getting ready to go for a 4 mile walk to get the majority of my steps in for the day. Working from home today, so will have the addedd challenge of trying to stay away from the kids junk food I just bought at the grocery store this weekend. Not feeling tempted at the moment. On a high from my 5.7 pounds lost during my September Challenge. I am on track to reach my goal for next week.
  • 2CABetterMe
    2CABetterMe Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. My day is off to a good start as I got in 45 minutes of aerobic exercise this morning. Will focus today on getting in my water and staying with in my calorie range. Even on days when I exercise I want to stay under 1400 calories.
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Great going everyone here. LA with its nice 60 degrees F awaits me with open arms for my morning walk to work.

This challenge has 10 milestones aka 10 weigh ins at 10 days interval. This splits our goal into manageable 10%. Again since each milestone has 10 days, therefore, each day is 10% of the milestone. With each wining day you are wining @ the rate of 10% (for each milestone).

Keep wining.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,421 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I'm loving this challenge - so much good positive energy!! :smile:

Weather-wise this week will be amazing here in Minnesota with the coming weekend getting up into the 80's! I'll need to get out on my bike lots before it's too cold to ride anymore!!

Today I'l going to log every bite, lick and taste (BLT - from my old weight watcher days!), get in 10,000 steps plus some other exercise after work, drink plenty of water and not go over on my calories!

Hope everyone has an amazing day!!!!
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    im pleased with myself for the start of this challenge, been out for lunch with the OH, and while he tucked into copious amount of pizza hut buffet I ordered a low calorie pizetta, and water.

im hoping to get out for a run while kids are at their activities this evening
  • Mechdonna2
    Mechdonna2 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Starting my day with a nice energized green smoothie. Can't wear my pedometer today but I know I have lots of walking to do today. Hopefully the weather holds out for me to do my outside walk. If not...hello Mr. Treadmill! Enjoy the day folks!

Dlphnldy89,

I know Yorktown, VA, pretty well. Nice area. Would you call it a city or town? I am not far from you--Mechanicsville, VA. Good luck with the challenge.

I am checking in from Virginia. I will take a water aerobics class this afternoon. I am feeling very motivated at this point regarding the challenge.
  • Mechdonna2
    Mechdonna2 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    How many of us will make it to the end and be successful about losing weight? Anyone want to make a guess?
  • DebLF55
    DebLF55 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Goals for today:
    Get all 5 meals in with enough protein
    Walk the dogs for at least 2 miles (30 min--they are fast walkers and sometimes it is hard to keep up)
    Get at least 2 things done on my to-do list

Hope everyone has a very productive day!
  • DebLF55
    DebLF55 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How many of us will make it to the end and be successful about losing weight? Anyone want to make a guess?
    I'm going to say that more than half of us will lose some amount of weight.....maybe not all we are trying to lose.
    But I also think that at least half will drop out, because it isn't as easy as we thought it would be. Probably closer to 75% will drop out.
    Out of 171 people ( I think that is the number), I'll bet that only 40 or so will log all the way through.
    On the positive side, everyone who even tries is a winner. They have made the first step. Most of us fall down the first few tries......but we get stronger every time! :-)
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    good morning from Long Island, NY!

My goal for today has changed from yesterday, since I got sick.
    ~ light exercise
    ~ drink lots of sugar free fluids... I need them hot
    - 100 push ups 100 sits ups

and to overall shake this sore throat before it get worse
  • persistentsoul
    persistentsoul Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My goal today and every day is to keep going and not give up.