What are you struggling with?

Options
I've had a few weeks of meh. Events have prevented me from being as consistent as I would like with food. I'm still struggling with exercise. Being motivated enough to just start exercising it is a problem. I find something else that is a higher priority EVERY TIME. I sabotage myself regularly.

I think I'll have a talk with my husband and daughter about the exercise. If I can't motivate myself I need someone to ride me about it.

LOL, I've already got an excuse for not exercising or even cooking for the next couple of days. I've got the flu. Just started holding down water. The good thing about being sick is it gives me time to really think about my progress, what is working, and what I need to improve.

How about you? What are you struggling with and what are you going to do about it?

Replies

• llysenw
    llysenw Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Aw, well, I think having the flu is a pretty valid excuse. When you're sick, you really do need to rest and not push your body too much. It's great that you're using that time to think through your diet and exercise goals.

I've been struggling with some issues too, mainly from having my normal routine disrupted, which causes my newly-formed diet and exercise habits to go down the drain. Like, if it's one day in the week that's a total write-off, I can sort of handle that -- but this past week had several days that were hard to manage food-wise, as well as not being able to get my usual exercise in.

I'm horrible at regular exercising, like going to the gym or doing aerobics or a workout dvd. I don't do it. I tried to do some of the group challenges for like the first month, but I stopped. So far, I seem to be having success with a nearly daily 4-mile walk at the park near my house. If I'm feeling really spunky, I might mix in a bit of running. I seem to be able to manage the motivation for getting outside and walking/running in a way that I just can't for other types of exercise. I suppose I'll eventually have to start getting into building muscle and toning and all that jazz, but for now I'm okay with just losing weight.
  • miwadlington
    miwadlington Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I struggle with eating out and making right choices. I've had to start paying attention to the calories, carbs, and fiber in meals.... So I have started making decisions about what to eat out in advance rather than waiting to look at the menu. It's helped a lot
  • Allmyusernamesaretakengeeze
    Options
    Right now I'm just trying to get so I can eat again then back on track. Kept oatmeal down this morning!! Was completely uninterested in food again until evening. Ate a beer soaked potato tonight for dinner.

LOL, not really. I made some stuff in the crock pot and poured a can of Guinness in with everything else. It's good to use when cooking wild game. We pull all the vegetables out the first night and eat the leaving the broth and venison. Tomorrow I'll chop up the meat if it doesn't just flake apart then add a quart of tomatoes I canned along with a bunch of mixed vegetables, cubed up squash, mushrooms, and barley for a thick stew.
  • miwadlington
    miwadlington Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm just trying to get so I can eat again then back on track. Kept oatmeal down this morning!! Was completely uninterested in food again until evening. Ate a beer soaked potato tonight for dinner.

LOL, not really. I made some stuff in the crock pot and poured a can of Guinness in with everything else. It's good to use when cooking wild game. We pull all the vegetables out the first night and eat the leaving the broth and venison. Tomorrow I'll chop up the meat if it doesn't just flake apart then add a quart of tomatoes I canned along with a bunch of mixed vegetables, cubed up squash, mushrooms, and barley for a thick stew.

That actually sounds really good, like comfort food. This week hasn't been good because I haven't had time to pack my lunch... heck my daughter has been buying lunch at school... that has NEVER happened. My pantry is a combination of healthy foods and crap my DH eats. Slowly turning on the blinders, but kind of hard when your starving and just want to eat anything. Working out has been my only saving grace.
  • Allmyusernamesaretakengeeze
    Allmyusernamesaretakengeeze Posts: 146 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    That actually sounds really good, like comfort food. This week hasn't been good because I haven't had time to pack my lunch... heck my daughter has been buying lunch at school... that has NEVER happened. My pantry is a combination of healthy foods and crap my DH eats. Slowly turning on the blinders, but kind of hard when your starving and just want to eat anything. Working out has been my only saving grace.

Save yourself a lot of aggravation and don't get hungry. We've been planning our meals out around how many calories we need in a day and include snacks. We never get to the point that we'll eat just anything. It's a lot easier to stay away from junk food when you aren't ravenous. Snacks are already measured out and prepared so we can easily grab 'em and keep going. An hour or two of prep time in the kitchen twice a week prevents a lot of stress and guilt.

I've fallen out of the boat and sank these past couple of weeks, but I'm back on board. Recently I discovered an article that has made me realize how I feel doesn't matter. Check it out impossiblehq.com/get-disciplined-not-motivated