ANNOUCEMENT ABOUT CHALLENGE

Options
Raasy
Raasy Posts: 972 Member
Asp415 and I really want to thank all of our loyal participants in this challenge and the previous burn 3500 challenge. It really is a great feeling to know that we are not alone and so many have loved this challenge. This challenge has really proven to all of us that even when you don't think you can do it, there is the little voice in you head that is stronger and will get you through. The cheering on of the other participants is amazing and makes for a great challenge. It makes you want to keep pushing and going. I don't know about all of you but I know, I feel like I am letting you down if I don't participate. And I know that Asp415 feels the same way.

For the past year Asp415 (Ana) and myself (Brianne) have hosted this challenge, and we have made great friends and watched so many of you grow and achieve your goals. You all have truly inspired us to keep going.

After a lot of thinking and soul searching, Ana and I have made the decision not to continue on with this challenge.

We both have had a lot of life changes in the past 6 months and it has just become to much for the both of us to continue on with the challenge. While moderating may seem like it is not that hard of a job to do, it really does take a lot of commitment and can be time consuming. And we feel that we have not been giving it our all recently which really is not what we want. Since the end of September is very near, we wanted to make the announcement before the end of the month to give you all time to adjust.

If anyone is interested in taking over the challenge and the moderating of it please feel free to reach out to either Asp415 (Ana) or myself (Brianne) and let us know of your interest. If you are interested then we can set you up as a moderator and give you some pointers if you would like some.

If no one shows any interest, there will not be another challenge started for next month and this challenge will be shut down about a week into October to allow for time for everyone to get their final numbers in.

Thanks again everyone for your continued commitment and for following us on this journey, some of you have been with us for a long time!! Maybe in time, another great challenge from us will be set up, but for now we need to go on hiatus.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    While I have only been involved in this challenge for a couple of months, I really enjoyed it. Thanks for all the work you have done.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Me too! I have enjoyed coming here with my numbers but I truly understand what havoc it can create when you yourself are sooo busy! I will participate but I honestly can say my life is crazy most days & I'm not the smartest when it comes to computers so I would not be able to do justice like you two have! Thank you very much for doing what you have done!
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I echo what the others are saying, you have done a great job, and we appreciate you! We also understand that real life has real priorities, and good for you to make the tough but correct choice to say no to something when it becomes too much. I wish I had the time or know-how to step up, but it would not be a good fit for me either.

I feel like I have really set up some great exercise habits thanks to this group, and know I can successfully continue on this journey.
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for your words. Both Raasy & I appreciate all of you, your commitment & dedication. We have all grown so much & yes, this challenge has tought me a lot & I hope it has also helped you.

Perhaps in the future we will see you all again. :flowerforyou:
  • Ilove2dance77
    Ilove2dance77 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    This challenge was instrumental in me transforming my fitness from a couple of hours a week, to 400 mins a week and it helped me to loses lots of lbs!! I know a lot of people who thought they never could burn 3500 a week, and the support from the challenges showed it was possible.

Thank you :flowerforyou: thank you :flowerforyou: thank you :flowerforyou: for everything you have put into this. Made a huge difference in lots of people's lives. Now it's time to make the necessary difference to yours :drinker: enjoy getting your time back :wink:
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,101 Member
    Options
    If someone would help do this challenge with me, I would love to continue it! I'm going to be gone for my half marathon in a couple weeks! We are taking a mini vacation during that time! Let me know!!!!!
  • ricki011
    ricki011 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I am willing to help out too. I am going on a cruise in January but I am available the rest of the time.
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for you kind words. It it so awesome to read about how much this challenge has really made a difference to so many. That was the whole point of it after all, to really encourage you to step outside your comfort zone and push yourself. It really shows what you can do!! You are all very welcome, and a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you as well, without you this challenge would not have gone as long!! The participation was amazing!!

There has been some interest from lpltenburg and GrandmaJackie to keep this challenge going, I will be reaching out to the two of you today to confirm. If you two are willing to take it over and keep it going that would be awesome!!
  • Blacksunshine1
    Blacksunshine1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I enjoyed the challenge for the short time that I was involved.
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I'm so glad to hear that it helped you get closer to your goals. I know it has tought me a lot about my activities, etc. & the motivation I would always get from you guys always pushed me to give it just a little more umph.

Thanks again everyone & thank you two ladies up above for stepping up & Susanna aka ricki011 you have been w/us since we started this challenge last year, thank you so much for being there through the good & bad.