Too Low Carbs?

Options
lulalacroix
lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
I've been eating lchf for just over 3 weeks now. My net carbs have slowly decreased over this time naturally. Currently, it's 8:40 pm and I've only eaten 7 net carbs so far. I'm just wondering, on the days that my carbs are very low, is this still okay? Besides maybe needing more fiber and vegetables, is there any other solid reason to make sure I'm getting more carbs? TIA.

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as too few carbs. You're fine.
  • lulalacroix
    Options
    There's no such thing as too few carbs. You're fine.

Thank you. :)
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i have had a couple of days that i had 5, 7, or 10 carbs. as far as i know, it's ok. if i get over 15, i get nervous! LOL
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I think that must be very individual. I prefer to keep mine between 20-25 net carbs, and I go over that occasionally. Sometimes, I go over with planned treats, but usually if I go over it's veggies (love them!), so I don't worry then. The overages on veggies don't seem to knock me out of ketosis, but the planned treats defo will.

How do you feel on such low carbs? Is your energy okay? No headache or weak feeling?

If not, I say you're probably fine.
  • lulalacroix
    Options
    I think that must be very individual. I prefer to keep mine between 20-25 net carbs, and I go over that occasionally. Sometimes, I go over with planned treats, but usually if I go over it's veggies (love them!), so I don't worry then. The overages on veggies don't seem to knock me out of ketosis, but the planned treats defo will.

How do you feel on such low carbs? Is your energy okay? No headache or weak feeling?

I've actually been feeling great. It seems like the less carbs I have the better I feel. And now I crave fats mostly and not carbs.
  • middleagedmeh
    middleagedmeh Posts: 104 Member
    Options

According to everything I have seen this is correct.
  • PatchEFog
    PatchEFog Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I increased my carbs to between 23 and 25 a day average or I am not in the 1.5-3.0 mmol/l "optimal" range for fat burning as defined by Phinney and Volek. At below this level of carbs, I was quite high. Though I do not possess diabetes, I have been losing well in this range, though I am sure this is a variable thing by person.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    You can be 0 carb as your body doesn't need carbs. Protein and fat are essential. How ever it's hard to live on zero carb foods.