Progress news

Options
ritan7471
ritan7471 Posts: 99 Member
So, when I started, I thought that my a1c was 9.3. This is because I don't speak the local language well, and also the number format was what I expect from a1c, not fasting blood sugar.

Starting results - September 4:
Fasting blood sugar 168
A1C: ??

Today:
Fasting blood sugar: 81 !!!
A1C: 6.6

The doctor sounded really positive about my changes. Since Sep 4, I've lost 4 kg and she was very happy with the log of blood sugar I've been keeping. She wants me to come in again after 3 months and have another check. She believes that according to my log, my blood sugar should be around 6 at my next checkup if I keep going the way I am.

Some other blood values were high (liver values especially) but if I continue to lose weight she expects everything to be normal.

Thanks for all the information and support you post here. It's really helped me quickly find a diet that is working to control my blood sugar, and I'm sure just the last 3 weeks of work has reduced my A1C from whatever it was before, so that I don't need meds.

Thank you everyone!!!

Replies

• ecclesse
    ecclesse Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good job!
  • MissMissie1987
    MissMissie1987 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Keep up the great work!
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the excellent results about your A1c! It's great that you've found an eating plan that is working for you, and it sounds like you're motivated to continue with that healthy eating plan. ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Very commendable news, Congratulations on your hard work and admirable effort!
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Thanks for the update!
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • ritan7471
    ritan7471 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am really happy with my eating plan. I feel satisfied so it's easier to pass by sweet or carby snacks. I'm glad that my husband is so supportive. He eats what I eat.