Gained 10lbs in one month on paleo diet

Options
1235»

Replies

• qbnprncess
    qbnprncess Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I recommend you focus more on a primal diet than paleo. I find it more of a lifestyle. You can also stick to full fat dairy and be ok.
    Main thing is that if you want to lose weight you need to stick to 80 Carbs per day (including vegetables). And make sure you are also being active. Check out www.marksdailyapple.com for more information on the primal way of living.

There are many factors as to why you are not losing weight. I myself gained at least 5 lbs before I started losing. Mainly because I did not do exercise, and was not tracking. Also Stress doesn't help.

Eating this way and living this way will eventually get you to your ideal body composition. Keep in mind you are doing this slow and steady and keeping your body happy. You are not trying to starve yourself. You should feel satiated and even be able to fast every once in a while to aid in your weight loss.
  • debou5
    debou5 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yes, I often check Mark Scisson's website it is pretty good. I'm following Chris Kresser's plan so I did an elimination diet and I'm now reintroducing food to see which one I'm intolerant to so I eat dairy sometimes not, I drink kefir for probiotics. Since I'm trying to lose weight I'm moderating my dairy intake. I'm definitely not starving myself I'm actually pretty satisfied at every meals because I eat plenty of vegetables and protein. I do exercise too I do strength training 3 times a week and power walking 3 times a week. I do need to track.. I keep forgetting about it.. -_-
  • welderftw
    Options
    Great advice coming out from this thread, really has helped in trying to pinpoint a few common issues that many of us have had. I have spent hours going through the advice given in this thread and still have many more to go. Dragonwolf, you are the man and appreciate your words of wisdom. They really hit home and right on point, most of all very easy to read and understand. Thanks again :)
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about your question regarding breakfasts without eggs.

Depending what you have for dinner, parts of it could be used for breakfast. for instance, last night - I baked an acorn squash, drizzed with garlic olive oil. once done, removed from the skins - I mashed it with grass fed butter and some seasalt. Tasted great with dinner - I'm sure it would taste equally as awesome warmed up on the side of some bacon, or canadian ham.
    -
    My food diary is always open and while I do a lot of sautee'ing in butter and have plenty of meat dishes ... my carbs from veggies up until last night, were counted. - I missed logging my dinner last night ... (shame on me)...

I don't think you should overthink things. try to make carb conscious decisions - yes. Pancakes are a treat, not an every day meal. Try to keep your fruits to 2 peices or less per day. (those sugars do add up). But, enjoy your foods; experiment with new and healthy recipes; and keep moving - cause being able to is just awesome. :)

Good luck.
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I have made this egg free breakfast recipe and it turned out good:

http://www.crossfitinvictus.com/blog/how-to-cook-an-eggless-breakfast/